Was here with immediate family and daughter's classmate's family. Excellent hotel with 3 pools (or really 5 since two of the pools have two tiers each). Pool chair/lounger was always available. Plenty of towels also.
Large resort with plenty of nooks and crannies to discover. Right across the street from the beach. Friendly staff (special shout out to trainee Kay at the HHonors desk - hope Hilton promotes her), excellent maintenance, clean and recently renovated rooms, beautiful landscaping.
For Hhonors gold/diamond, lounge is at top floor of the tallest buidling giving a great view of the sunsets during Happy Hour, which is quite good. Plenty of food that you could make a decent dinner of most nights. Good variety of cocktails.
From the beach road, 5 minutes left or right will get you to reasonable priced restaurants (Thai entree for 180 Baht (or less) - $6 USD). Particularly liked Butterfly. Also liked the onsite restaurants - Thai Thai and the cafe were good. The Italian place, not so much.
Would definitely stay here again.
1. While breakfast buffet was quite large and varied, it did get repetitive after a few days.
2. Avoid Chinese New Year - very popular with groups from the mainland (although hotel didn't feel crowded considering).
3. My room needed some minor repairs but most people presumably wouldn't notice (I stay at least 60 nights/year in hotels so do notice these things). Shower hook adjacent to shower was loose. Door had a gap by the locking mechanism (could possibly open up the door by sliding a credit card through the gap if deadbolt wasn't engaged). Room A318. My friends were next door and had no issues so I think it was just this room. That said, the room was still awesome. Great view of the beach/ocean. Lounger on patio made it hard for me to leave the room in the mornings since it was so comfortable. Room included bathtub and shower in a good sized bathroom.
4. Band. The band was loud and seemed off key sometimes (like the way it sounds at 2 AM in a Shanghai KTV if you know what I mean). Due to the architecture, the music carries quite a distance and into rooms. Seemed to end at around 10:30 PM or so so didn't effect sleep at all though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on the island’s west coast and offers a range of fun and relaxation options for parents and children alike. The resort sprawls over 75-acres landscaped gardens, right on the golden sands of Karon Beach. The resort is conveniently located to four world-class golf courses, elephant riding, scuba diving, ancient golden temples and an abundance of shopping areas. It is the place that you’d rather be with your family for next holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort And Spa
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Hotel Karon
- Phuket Hilton
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa Karon