Right I will start off with the hotels location before moving on to its bad and good points.The hotel is located about 10/15mins pleasant walk from both the centre of Karon and Kata. The hotel is not isolated as there are many restaurants,shops,bars and other hotels that line the main beach road that stretches from Patong to Kata. A little tip is to use the main path(similar to a promenade) on the opposite side to the Hilton and you wont get bloody 'tortured' by shop owners wanting to make you a suit(!!) or ladies wanting to give you a massage!! Anyway,across the main road is Karon beach which is 4km long of white sand that gently shelves into the sea. There are beach beds(200bht for 2beds/umbrella) lining the beach with beach bars and massage bays about every 200 metres. The bars sell cheap food and drinks(Shakes 80BHT,Beer 70BHt, Soft drinks 40BHT, Water 10BHT) and the massage bays all have their prices clearly displayed. To answer all the previous reviewers who say this beach is dirty and horrible, well I do wonder where they holiday/live as this beach is one of the finest and cleanest we have been on. The Hilton(as do other hotels) provide a guard to cross the busy road to get to this beach and it is well worth it.
Ok,now the hotel itself, I will start with the bad points. The first criticism I have is that after travelling nearly 24hrs from England to get here all I want is to check in,get into my room and rest and not to wait for our room to be cleaned!! I know the hotel policy is that all rooms are available after 2pm but surely after all these years of dealing with visitors from the UK that you would know that if we arrive before 1pm we have been travelling throughout the night and more then likely will be shattered. Dont get me wrong,I am not trying to be elitist here as I am sure that other nationalities are in the same boat as us,so maybe the management could look at this and amend their policy. To be fair to the hotel, the receptionist after a little badgering from me, got the room cleaned pretty sharpish and got us in after waiting half an hour.My other criticism is the prices the hotel charge for drinks(we never ate here so cant comment). We appreciate the prices are going to be high due it being the Hilton but to charge a 10% service charge as well as a 7% tax on top is bloody outrageous!! Even if I went to the bar myself I still get these charges which is wrong and obscene and also reducing the tips to the waiters whom serve you. The management are missing a golden opportunity here by scrapping this obscene charge as a good will gesture to its customers and also we would pass by the Ocean Beach Bar every night on our way out (7;30pm) and it was closed!! Why dont you open this maybe 3 nights a week offering half price on all drinks with no charges between 8 -11pm as this is a lovely bar with comfy chairs/good music as another gesture to your guests. The management,staff and guests will all benefit and surely this would be better then having this lovely bar shut at night.
Now the good points,this hotel is exceptionally well managed,has fantastic efficient staff,superbly maintained and a pleasure to stay at. Our room was upgraded to a deluxe room with lagoon,pool and partial sea views from a 'wrap around' balcony with a very comfortable king size bed.It was meticulously cleaned every day by the wonderful pleasant cleaners and was worthy of a 5 star grading. As I said earlier the staff here are brilliant bearing in mind that they must deal with thousands of guests of differing nationalities every day, we found them all helpful,very pleasant and without doubt a credit to their trade.The hotel is well equipped with many restaurants,pools,bars,spa and gym which I used regularly. I can only praise this hotel and credit the management very highly whom deserve the 5 star service and amenities award but if they iron out the criticisms out i have highlighted this would truly be a 5 Star hotel.
To finish,would I return here,well if I ever returned to Phuket without doubt I would stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on the island’s west coast and offers a range of fun and relaxation options for parents and children alike. The resort sprawls over 75-acres landscaped gardens, right on the golden sands of Karon Beach. The resort is conveniently located to four world-class golf courses, elephant riding, scuba diving, ancient golden temples and an abundance of shopping areas. It is the place that you’d rather be with your family for next holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort And Spa
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Hotel Karon
- Phuket Hilton
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa Karon