Centara Villas Phuket
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Phunawa Resort(Karon Beach)
1,197 results
All reviewsthe cliffpool villamini cartuk tukkaron beachocean facing villaindividual villasour honeymoonsister hotelandaman seaspa managerlower poolfree shuttlewalk upthai foodspa treatmentstaxi service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2013

As I sit in the cliff restaurant in the centara villas, I felt compelled to write a review. We are a honeymooning couple in room 208 with a spa villa. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect setting for our villa. Nothing is too much for the staff. The room is fantastic and all facilities spotlessly clean. We couldn't have asked for better. We will definitely be returning. We have three days left here before moving to the next resort. We certainly wish we'd have booked here for longer. Neighbouring Karon beach is disappointing and doesn't show the true Thailand. However as soon as you step back into the resort you are reminded of thailand's beauty. We got around this by visiting phi phi and surrounding islands for some beach fun.
Thank you to all who have made the stay amazing so far.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Hayleyandtoby
Centaravillasphuket, Front Office Manager at Centara Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to write about us during your stay at Centara Villas Phuket.

We are glad you appreciated our unique facilities and our pride is to keep it clean and close to nature as possible so it’s a pleasure to have our guests appreciate our efforts.

Ross and all the staff.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We arrived at the hotel just before 10pm after about 18 hours of traveling from Johannesburg with a 14 month old baby! We were exhausted and hungry but we still had to complete and sign all forms, we asked if we could sign in the morning, they said no.

We are a family of 3 couples and a baby.

When we got to our room (pool villa) I thought it was nice, sparse and minimal, it's all about the view certainly not the standard of the room, what I saw on the Internet versus what we got - not close. I will not be fooled by photos again. Our children were in DELUXE sea view rooms, NO certainly not deluxe. In my opinion a deluxe room does not only have a shower and we were never informed of this. How do you bath a baby in a shower? Fortunately we are in a pool villa and baby can bath in our bathroom.

The reception staff's English is extremely poor, we were given a room with twin beds for a couple, plus cot for baby, hardly any space in the room and they could not understand our issue or assist us with the problem. Why would a couple want twin beds?

Food is average. Had a Thai evening for 690Bht, it was terrible and no value for money. Maybe there was a prize for the person who found chicken pieces in the curry, mostly sauce with vegetables rather than meat. The ice cream was good.

The staff try to be helpful but with the language barrier not much is achieved.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have a nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Regrettably one of the official requirements of the Thai Government is that we secure all pertinent information prior to issuing a room key and I am sure after your long journey it was tiring but a necessity.

We do try to issue all the amenities and facilities on all the web pages and understand if somewhere it has been not updated and we shall look into this on our listings and with agents.
Language is an ongoing training process and each session is showing progress here and a little complicated as it’s not just English language but several others being taught without international cliental.

Our room and villa styles represent a traditional Thai minimalistic design, however the quality of the interiors is quality and we endeavor to upgrade when possible. Perhaps on your next visit you can ask for specifically what you require and direct an email to me and we can try to accommodate you.

Certainly your food comments have now been addressed to our Chef and staff.

Thank you for your comments and sharing your stayed with us,

Ross
Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 17, 2013

And we did! This is really a gorgeous place to say. We had 9 nights here, each in his/my own villa. We had villas 308, 310 and 311. Mine was 308 and what I call a long villa. When you walk in, the end of the bed is facing you, and seems to have more room than the sideways villas, where you walk in and the bed is sideways. My 308 villa shares a balcony with 309 (twin beds), but that didn't worry me. Our rooms were near the pools. My cousin has problems with knees, back, hips, etc. We called for the hotel's tuk tuk to take us from our villas up to breakfast and back again. There are always a few steps (he was in Villa 311) and from there down to the pool, but if he can make it, so can most people, unless they are disabled. Happy hours -2 drinks for the price of 1, served at the same time - really good value. The restaurant is really good, and we had all night meals there. On the banquet nights, you can also order a la carte which is great if you're not that hungry. Lunches at the Pool Bar were very good too. Breakfasts are marvellous. Between my crispy bacon sandwiches for breakfast and 6 pina coladas a day, I gained only 3.5 kilos! While our pools are nice, it is only an 8-minute walk to Karon Beach. Even my cousin walked it easily - there and back. It is an easy walk, with about 20 steps at the beach end, but there are very strong handrails. What more can I say? We've chosen our new villas for next April. We'll be back. Oh, and I forgot to say, the staff are absolutely wonderful - first class.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dale47_11
Centaravillasphuket, Manager at Centara Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your positive rating and kind comments.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Safe Travels
from the Centara Villas Team!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had six wonderful nights staying at Centara Villas. Staff are very friendly and helpful and everything ran very smoothly. If you have problems with steps then this may not be the place for you. Fantastic view over Karon Beach and a good view of this from bar watching sunset sipping cocktails during happy hour.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Centaravillasphuket, Front Office Manager at Centara Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Palmessex,

Thank you very much for taking your time to pass your comments on to us. We are very pleased you found your six nights stay in Centara Villas Phuket and enjoyed our hospitable and friendly staff.

Yes, the view from our hillside compound restaurant and bar “the Cliff” is unique and to keep it this way the stairs are a necessary evil, but well worth it as you said. Don’t forget you could also take advantage on our complimentary “Tuk Tuk” service.

Once again thank you for your writing and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Ross and all the Staff

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at the Centara with my partner in November to celebrate his 50th. My son and his partner who are both in their early twenties also joined us on our first trip to Thailand!

We all agreed it was a beautiful hotel in the most perfect location! Away from all the hustle and bustle but a short taxi ride to the main town of Karon or Patong!

There are two pools which are both lovely and have amazing views of phuket!

The beach is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel!

The staff are so friendly and polite...they really cannot do enough for you!

We ate at the hotel for a couple of nights and found the food to be excellent and the prices were very reasonable for a hotel!

Breakfast is fantastic, so much choice to suit everyone!

On my partners birthday, we returned to our room after a night out to find a delicious chocolate birthday cake in the fridge with a card from the management! He also received a birthday card from the maid with lovely messages on our pillows!

As the hotel is set in the hills there is alot of steps to the restaurant and poolside but we really didnt find it a problem at all! If your really not up for all the steps then they have a fantastic tuk tuk service! Basically you call reception as your leaving your room and they will pick you up in a couple of minutes!

I really can't fault this hotel at all! If I return to Phuket then I would not want to stay anywhere else!! My son and his partner were so impressed by Centara they have already booked the Centara in Koh Sumai!

Based on Tripadvisor reviews I decided to try the Red Onion restaurant in Karon! Fantastic restaurant! Dont be put off by the basic decor and plastic seats outside with numbers on! This is because there is normally always a queue, so you have to sit on a numbered seat until your table is available! We ate there 3 times and everytime is was delicious, fresh and incredibly reasonable!

We paid a little extra and had a Deluxe Ocean View Villa. Room was spacious and lovely, bathroom was huge with a brilliant shower! Would definitely recommend our room as the view and sunset is beautiful!

Enjoy...you wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: Deluxe Ocean View!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Kimvanders,

Thank you for choosing Centara Villas Phuket to celebrate your 50th and we are pleased you found your entire visit to your satisfaction. We agree our resort is unique and although secluded from “the bustle and hustle” but close to everything if you choose to indulge.

Since we are so self contained our entire staff are able to focus and provide you with individual service.

The Cliff restaurant enjoys a fine reputation and we are pleased you enjoyed the cuisine.
Thank you again for taking your time to pass your comments on to us and we look forward to welcome you again to our unique hillside properties for your next visit.

Ross and all the Staff