“Highly Recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #33 of 134 Hotels in Karon
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I can not recommend this place highly enough, the location is superb – a couple of minutes tuk tuk or taxi ride into town, the service exceptional, and most of all – the villas/view is amazing!

My boyfriend and I have just come back from holidaying in Thailand, we got off to a bad start with the arrival of snow in the UK so took with delays and missed connections we had a long long journey ahead of us, but it was SO worth the wait – what a wonderful reception on arrival.

Welcomed with smiles, a wonderfully traditional coconut drink, and cold towel to cool off with. We were given a full run down of the amenities within the hotel itself, and our luggage dropped down to our rooms whilst we finished check in.

I always know when I’m onto a winner with a hotel when I get butterflies on opening the door to our room for the first time…. This place certainly had it in abundance! A spectacular view over the bay, we had a hot tub villa (which was not an expensive upgrade from a standard room) which was nestled within the greenery ,totally secluded and not at all overlooked – all the rooms were this way so far as we could see!

The villas/rooms are set on quite a steep gradient (hence not being overlooked) however there is a tuk tuk service that roams the resort (not noisy or imposing at all!) I was thankful for it after a “hard day” sunbathing by the pool and got dropped off within a couple of minutes direct to my door, the staff as ever, always more than happy to accommodate any need you may have.

By the time we reached our villa In the afternoon our bed was always made, bathroom thoroughly cleaned and toiletries re-stocked, we were pleasantly surprised with a kind gesture left for us each day, either an invitation for cocktails and canapés with management, free cocktails or a lovely bowl of fruit, service was above an beyond!

The pools are lovely, not huge – but they don’t need to be, the resort itself is small and intimate, the pools were never crowded and we always got a lounger when we wanted one. Alternatively there is a lovely little walk that stems down from the pool right down to the beach (about 5-10 mins)

The staff were fantastic, so, so friendly, nothing was too much trouble – we were always welcomed back in the lobby after an evening out, they were keen to hear about our day and were always on hand to offer advice should we need it!

100% recommend to anyone who is after a relaxing, friendly environment with fantastic customer service and management – the only negative is that I am now home, and wishing I were there! will definitely be coming back next year!!!

Room Tip: if you have the chance to upgrade to villa with hot tub go for it!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank woodles1
Centaravillasphuket, Manager at Centara Villas Phuket, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Sawasdee krub Khun Woodles1,

My staff and I, we all read your review with such great delights, thank you indeed for taking your valuable time to share TripAdvisor’s fans a feedback on your recent stay at our resort.

It is really nice to hear you love our resort, services and facilities. We are truly lucky to have you both as our guests who are so friendly, caring and understanding to all of us.

We were really grateful for your kind patronage and for becoming our fans. Above of all, thank you for saving us jobs! We already look forward to your return home. Meanwhile we wish you both endless love and a very happy year

Truly yours,
Sam & all staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My fiancé and I had the most amazing time at Centara Village Resort! We planned the holiday a few months in advance. I didn’t know that we would get engaged during our stay at the resort; Maxime did a fabulous job to keep it a secret!

On our second day at the resort we were told that we are a very special and lucky couple who had won a lucky draw and was eligible for a prize. On our 3rd day at the resort I found an envelope in our room identifying the prize.

Step 1: We received a spa treatment at the gorgeous spa with an amazing sea view. Thereafter we received another envelope from Ms Nang informing us of our “2nd prize”

Step 2: We received an invitation to the Grand Hotel (sister company of the resort) on the beach to treat ourselves, upon arrival we were transferred via shuttle to the beach through the magnificent resort. When we arrived at the beach I noted the picture perfect visual, rose petals a couple of hundred metres to the beach where we had our own private table lit up with bamboo torches and tea light candles. Perfect sunset, champagne & canapés, thereafter we lit up lanterns into the sky. Fabulous! …and another envelope! Announcing our 3rd prize!

Step 3: We need to go back to our villa and get elegantly dressed for dinner at the upper swimming pool later that evening. Again upon arrival I was speechless & it was a breath-taking view! White linen covered in rose petals, tea light candles covered in bamboo leaves, flower arrangements everywhere and floating candles on the swimming pool. Speechless!! Our table was set for two in a very special place above both pools, private & beautifully decorated with a special flower I fell in love with: the Thai Orchard. More candles, champagne & wine. This is where my fiancé proposed and we decided to spend the rest of our lives together!

All of these “steps” were part of the plan, to keep me “in the game and inquisitive”. And not a real prize, but my fiance's proposal!!!

The staff at the resort was superb, extremely friendly & accommodating, always smiling. The food was superb, especially having the resort’s chef cook our favorite meals for the two of us on our special day. The room we stayed in was very clean, comfortable and spacious.

Thanks sooo much to Max and Sam, you made our special day unforgettable and our stay a very memorable one. We definitely recommend Centara resort and hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chantz00001
Centaravillasphuket, Manager at Centara Villas Phuket, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Sawasdee krub Khun Chantz00001,

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to share with the fans of TripAdvisor your memorable experiences.

Max and all the staff were very happy to hear that our secret arrangements made given you a delight surprise and unforgettable memory. Our goal is simple, we just want our guests to be happy and feel at home while staying at Centara Villas Phuket. We shall try our utmost to create a family feeling to make our guests miss us and would like to return again and again to enjoy a mutual happiness and friendship.

Above of all, we trust that you both are now becoming our new family members and going to visit us again in the near future, perhaps with a baby as a good chain of your true love and to witness where her parents got engaged.
Khun Chantz00001, once again, thank you for choosing us to be part of your loving memories. We all wish your love flying high liked a lantern traveling up to heaven of happiness.

Please take best care and we look forward to your return.

All the best,

Sam, Max and all the staff
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a week over Christmas in a deluxe villa, which had a beautiful view of the ocean.

We loved sitting outside on the veranda each evening and just absorbing the natural beauty of the resort which was quite relaxing.

We ate at both restaurants (Bayview and The Cliff) and thoroughly enjoyed the food. We also used the spa and selected the honeymoon package which was pure indulgence and probably one of the best spas I have visited in Thailand.

The resort is quite hilly but don’t let that put you off as the tuk tuk drivers are more than happy to collect you and take you anywhere around the resort.

Staff are brilliant and polite and are always willing to help you with anything.

There is also a lovely walkway from the pool area down to the beach which we used a lot. You can also walk to the main part of Karon from this pathway via the beach which takes 10 mins.

We have been visiting Phuket for the last 6 years and have stayed throughout many resorts and nothing else compares to Centara Villas due to the natural beauty and privacy.

Centara Villas will now be our new home for our annual visit to Phuket.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LoveThailand14
Sawasdee Krub Khun LoveThailand14,

Warmest greetings from Centara Villas Phuket!!!

Thank you very much indeed for taking your valuable time to share with us and the TripAdvisor's fans a lovely review on your recent Christmas holidays with us.

It is wonderful to hear you brought back home fond memories about our natural beauty, privacy, facilities and services extended during your stay. I am particular pleased to learn that you truly enjoyed the honeymoon package at our Centara Villas Phuket’s SPA Cenvaree. Currently, you may find in the TripAdvisor our spa No. 15 Thailand’s Best Spa and the resort itself No. 1 Most Romantic Resort in Karon.

Khun LoveThailand14, we all now look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future. Meanwhile, we wish you happiness and joys the entire 2013!

Yours,
Sam & entire team
Doncaster
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently returned from a 6 night stay from 10th to 16th January. I cannot understand some of the previous bad reviews especially creepy craw lies as we only saw very few ghekos. The hotel surely can't be blamed for nature. Check-in was ok and I thought the coconut and cool towels were a lovely touch. The hillside location is lovely but could be problematic if you have mobility issues. We only had one issue when on the first morning whilst eating breakfast, in front of everyone we were told breakfast wasn't included( which it was according to our confirmation). Afterwards the hotel realised their mistake and apologised. When we told the manager the staff had embarrassed us, the manager gave us 3 complementary bbqs. The Saturday BBQ was excellent and the wine definitely flowed well for 2 hours. It was very good value. Staff were so helpful even letting me use the computer behind reception to print off our boarding passes. Nothing was too much trouble. There were 6 in our party and all of us would recommend the hotel. That must tell you something as we all have travelled all over the world. Well one centara villas!

Room Tip: We stayed in villa 115 which was quite near the lobby and restaurant which I like, but the pool was...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Doncaster4
Centaravillasphuket, Manager at Centara Villas Phuket, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Sawasdee krub Khun Doncaster4,

We read your review with great delight. Thank you so much for your recent stay and for taking your valuable time to share with us a feedback. Definitely, we were very fortunate to have you all stayed with us as our guests who just simply satisfied and appreciated everything we provide in our resort.

We are sorry to learn that there was a mistake on your daily breakfast but it is good to know that everything was sorted out well on site and you all satisfied with our rectification and apology.

We are looking forward to welcoming you all back to Centara Villas Phuket in the not too distant future. Meanwhile, we wish you the best for 2013!

With best regards,
Sam & all staff
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Overall my 4 nights at Centara Villas was very good indeed. I arrived before the usual check in time and was offered an opportunity to bring forward a pre-booked massage - perfect after a very long flight. The pool villa was perfectly appointed. Staff were excellent. The other guests were also friendly and charming. I really didn't mind the stairs and walking, it gave more time to enjoy the beautiful garden setting, and the tuk tuk was always at hand when needed. My only criticisms are that the food wasn't up the the standard of the overall experience. It didn't seem as fresh as The Thai food I am used to in Australia - such a good hotel should have the very best Thai food. And the front desk staff were unable to recommend restaurant with good Thai food. I found one reasonable place in Patong, but the Villa's staff should be able to advise guests. Also access to a gym would have been good. I'd definitely return - and bring friends and family.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Sawasdee krub Khun Noel,

Thank you for your stay in June last year and for taking your busy time to share with us a feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is great to hear you found your overall 4-night stay in a Pool Villa was wonderfully relaxing experience. We are sorry to learn you found our Thai food was not up to your expectation. If you would happen to find a free time to stay with us again this year, I would personally invite you to experience our Thai buffet night with cultural show on every Wednesday so that I can showcase our new upgraded version of Thai cuisine at Centara Villas Phuket.

Concerning a concierge service, I already instructed the front office team to inspect TOP 5 restaurants in each area in Phuket to get an experience and name cards so that they can make a good recommendation to our in-house guests. With regard to a gym, please be advised that our in-house guests are allowed to use a gym at Centara Grand Beach Resort our sister resort next door without any charge.

Khun Noel, I personally look forward to welcoming you, your family and friends to stay with us again in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We came here for a romantic occasion however the place left little to be desired.
The hotel has great potential however we were disappointed on several fronts.
I'll start with the good parts:
- beautiful views, especially from the restaurant
- nice pool area with free towels

Now the bad parts:
- we arrived about 5pm and we sat in the lobby for 30 mins while they "got our room ready"
- The food was very expensive and pretty average quality. There is a restaurant on the beach near the hotel that serves beautiful food for a fraction of the price. The seafood Buffett was particularly disappointing and I got shocking food poisoning after eating there.
- The rooms are very basic. When we tried to upgrade our room, they showed us 3 different rooms. We liked the look of 2 of them so asked for one of those only to be told they were both taken and only the less appealing one was available which begged the question - why did they show it to us??
- we had booked a day trip one day and I needed my money from the safe however the safe then broke down. There was only 1 hour until the bus came to pick us up so I called reception straight away to get it open. Despite several phone calls, no one came until literally 1 hour later when the bus was arriving. Subsequently, everyone on the bus had to wait for us and there was no apology from the staff.
- I got shocking food poisoning on my second last day and asked if we could check out later by just a couple of hours but I was told this was not possible.
- the spa looks beautiful but was extremely expensive and I didn't find the treatment to be as good as the much cheaper places in town.
- Internet is extremely overpriced

Overall, We were really disappointed and would definitely not recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Amy3103
Centaravillasphuket, Manager at Centara Villas Phuket, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Amy3103,

Thank you so much for your kind review about your stay at our resort in February 2012.

We are pleased to hear you found the views from The Cliff restaurant is beautiful and the pool area is nice.

It is sad to learn you encountered so many incidents and hiccups during your stay. Please be advised that all villas were renovated during May to August 2012 after your stay and they have been complimented by our repeated guests on a positive upgrade. February is always busy month and running high occupancy every day, same to this coming February as we are now over 95%. This will result a challenging situation for our operation to manage room allocation.

Regarding the meal, please be advised that we have already upgraded our BBQ & Seafood buffet dinner on every Saturday as well as our Thai buffet dinner on every Wednesday into a higher standard and quality. This resulted good feedback appeared in many previous reviews in TripAdvisor.

For SPA Cenvaree, everything from treatment rooms, treatments and services have been completely upgraded and improved immensely. Not less than 20 reviews during past 2 months highly praised on our spa services.

Khun Amy3103, may I ask you to give us another chance to showcase our new service and facilities in order to restore your impression on Centara Villas Phuket. Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Hotel Manager
london
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at the centara from October to November on a 3 week stay of Thailand. When I first arrived in Thailand I was already in for a massive culture shock being as I usually travel to the states. When we arrived we checked it and the tuk tuk guys were amazing and by the end of the stay new out names and room. The pool is nice however could so with being bigger if you don't get there early you don't get a bed as they are very limited. Very good location. 15 minutes or so either way to patong and karon. Both must see places I loved patong and wished I was closer as I would have spent all my time there. If u go to karon check out the resturant bamboo and their Thai Masage shop which charges around £8 for a full body massage even though I thought I was having a head massage

Now my negatives; I know this is a tropical country so do expect bugs and what not to be lurking around however I didn't appreciate having lizards in my bed and approx 10 a night hidden in my curtains I know they are harmless but as a person who doesn't particularly like creepy crawlies I slept when I could get to sleep that is in fear they would crawl up me. Also we have GIANT cochroaches climbing our walls when we called someone to help they didn't understand what we was saying. The people next to our room must of wondered what was going on from my constant night time screaming. This is something that really spoilt my trip as I lived on edge as to what is fine in my room. I stayed at 4 other hotels in Thailand and didn't experience this problem once.

The food is average we ate here once and that was enough. The pool bar staff are lovely and we would play darts with them during the day.

Would I come back. Highly unlikely and sort of put me off returning to Thailand.

P.s I'm not a fussy person il sleep anywhere as long as that doesn't contain creatures in my bed.

• Stayed October 2012
Sawasdee krub Khun Danielle,

Thank you very much for your stay with us in October last year and I appreciated you took your valuable time to share with us a feedback.

With regard to your comment on lizards, as you already experienced the Centara Villas Phuket is not a usual resort hotel and is without doubt one of Phuket’s greenest retreats. Our property was virtually built “around the trees” in a truly magnificent natural jungle environment. Only very few trees were cut when the hotel was built. As a result, you can barely see the hotel from Karon beach, thus making it a truly environment-friendly retreat.

On the other hand, as a result of the Mother of Nature, you may find colorful butterflies, birds, rare insects, lizards, frogs, squirrels and even monkey at our tropical paradise. All this, just a mere five minutes drive from the bustling life of Patong or Karon.