“Wonderfully relaxing experience”

Centara Villas Phuket
Ranked #37 of 136 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Overall my 4 nights at Centara Villas was very good indeed. I arrived before the usual check in time and was offered an opportunity to bring forward a pre-booked massage - perfect after a very long flight. The pool villa was perfectly appointed. Staff were excellent. The other guests were also friendly and charming. I really didn't mind the stairs and walking, it gave more time to enjoy the beautiful garden setting, and the tuk tuk was always at hand when needed. My only criticisms are that the food wasn't up the the standard of the overall experience. It didn't seem as fresh as The Thai food I am used to in Australia - such a good hotel should have the very best Thai food. And the front desk staff were unable to recommend restaurant with good Thai food. I found one reasonable place in Patong, but the Villa's staff should be able to advise guests. Also access to a gym would have been good. I'd definitely return - and bring friends and family.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Centaravillasphuket, Manager at Centara Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Sawasdee krub Khun Noel,

Thank you for your stay in June last year and for taking your busy time to share with us a feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is great to hear you found your overall 4-night stay in a Pool Villa was wonderfully relaxing experience. We are sorry to learn you found our Thai food was not up to your expectation. If you would happen to find a free time to stay with us again this year, I would personally invite you to experience our Thai buffet night with cultural show on every Wednesday so that I can showcase our new upgraded version of Thai cuisine at Centara Villas Phuket.

Concerning a concierge service, I already instructed the front office team to inspect TOP 5 restaurants in each area in Phuket to get an experience and name cards so that they can make a good recommendation to our in-house guests. With regard to a gym, please be advised that our in-house guests are allowed to use a gym at Centara Grand Beach Resort our sister resort next door without any charge.

Khun Noel, I personally look forward to welcoming you, your family and friends to stay with us again in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sam

Write a ReviewReviews (1,148)

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We came here for a romantic occasion however the place left little to be desired.
The hotel has great potential however we were disappointed on several fronts.
I'll start with the good parts:
- beautiful views, especially from the restaurant
- nice pool area with free towels

Now the bad parts:
- we arrived about 5pm and we sat in the lobby for 30 mins while they "got our room ready"
- The food was very expensive and pretty average quality. There is a restaurant on the beach near the hotel that serves beautiful food for a fraction of the price. The seafood Buffett was particularly disappointing and I got shocking food poisoning after eating there.
- The rooms are very basic. When we tried to upgrade our room, they showed us 3 different rooms. We liked the look of 2 of them so asked for one of those only to be told they were both taken and only the less appealing one was available which begged the question - why did they show it to us??
- we had booked a day trip one day and I needed my money from the safe however the safe then broke down. There was only 1 hour until the bus came to pick us up so I called reception straight away to get it open. Despite several phone calls, no one came until literally 1 hour later when the bus was arriving. Subsequently, everyone on the bus had to wait for us and there was no apology from the staff.
- I got shocking food poisoning on my second last day and asked if we could check out later by just a couple of hours but I was told this was not possible.
- the spa looks beautiful but was extremely expensive and I didn't find the treatment to be as good as the much cheaper places in town.
- Internet is extremely overpriced

Overall, We were really disappointed and would definitely not recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Amy3103
Centaravillasphuket, Manager at Centara Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Amy3103,

Thank you so much for your kind review about your stay at our resort in February 2012.

We are pleased to hear you found the views from The Cliff restaurant is beautiful and the pool area is nice.

It is sad to learn you encountered so many incidents and hiccups during your stay. Please be advised that all villas were renovated during May to August 2012 after your stay and they have been complimented by our repeated guests on a positive upgrade. February is always busy month and running high occupancy every day, same to this coming February as we are now over 95%. This will result a challenging situation for our operation to manage room allocation.

Regarding the meal, please be advised that we have already upgraded our BBQ & Seafood buffet dinner on every Saturday as well as our Thai buffet dinner on every Wednesday into a higher standard and quality. This resulted good feedback appeared in many previous reviews in TripAdvisor.

For SPA Cenvaree, everything from treatment rooms, treatments and services have been completely upgraded and improved immensely. Not less than 20 reviews during past 2 months highly praised on our spa services.

Khun Amy3103, may I ask you to give us another chance to showcase our new service and facilities in order to restore your impression on Centara Villas Phuket. Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at the centara from October to November on a 3 week stay of Thailand. When I first arrived in Thailand I was already in for a massive culture shock being as I usually travel to the states. When we arrived we checked it and the tuk tuk guys were amazing and by the end of the stay new out names and room. The pool is nice however could so with being bigger if you don't get there early you don't get a bed as they are very limited. Very good location. 15 minutes or so either way to patong and karon. Both must see places I loved patong and wished I was closer as I would have spent all my time there. If u go to karon check out the resturant bamboo and their Thai Masage shop which charges around £8 for a full body massage even though I thought I was having a head massage

Now my negatives; I know this is a tropical country so do expect bugs and what not to be lurking around however I didn't appreciate having lizards in my bed and approx 10 a night hidden in my curtains I know they are harmless but as a person who doesn't particularly like creepy crawlies I slept when I could get to sleep that is in fear they would crawl up me. Also we have GIANT cochroaches climbing our walls when we called someone to help they didn't understand what we was saying. The people next to our room must of wondered what was going on from my constant night time screaming. This is something that really spoilt my trip as I lived on edge as to what is fine in my room. I stayed at 4 other hotels in Thailand and didn't experience this problem once.

The food is average we ate here once and that was enough. The pool bar staff are lovely and we would play darts with them during the day.

Would I come back. Highly unlikely and sort of put me off returning to Thailand.

P.s I'm not a fussy person il sleep anywhere as long as that doesn't contain creatures in my bed.

• Stayed: October 2012

Sawasdee krub Khun Danielle,

Thank you very much for your stay with us in October last year and I appreciated you took your valuable time to share with us a feedback.

With regard to your comment on lizards, as you already experienced the Centara Villas Phuket is not a usual resort hotel and is without doubt one of Phuket’s greenest retreats. Our property was virtually built “around the trees” in a truly magnificent natural jungle environment. Only very few trees were cut when the hotel was built. As a result, you can barely see the hotel from Karon beach, thus making it a truly environment-friendly retreat.

On the other hand, as a result of the Mother of Nature, you may find colorful butterflies, birds, rare insects, lizards, frogs, squirrels and even monkey at our tropical paradise. All this, just a mere five minutes drive from the bustling life of Patong or Karon.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

One of things that sells this retreat is the staff, they are excellent, especially the tuk tuk drivers,who will pick you up from your villa with a friendly welcome and a big smile at any time of day.The villas are well equipped,clean, large bathrooms with plenty of hot water. The gardens are beautiful with lots of nice big spiders birds and lizards. The food and drink here is very good, but expensive. The buffet breakfast is excellent with a varied choice to suit all, I cant complain about anything, would recommend. The beach is a five minute walk away and so is the sister hotel, whose facilities you can also enjoy. This hotel is located on the beach with a much bigger pool area, and livelier atmosphere.Tips; do go to Pa-tong excellent restaurants and shopping, shuttle buses available from the hotel twice a day. Dont opt for the cheaper excursions trust me you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Dont settle for a villa without a view, we travelled with friends are villas were located together...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Sawasdee krub Khun Deborahlewis61,

Thank you so much for kindly taking your busy time to share with us a wonderful review. We are all delighted to learn that you enjoyed our services, friendliness, facilities and location.

Regarding the price of our lunch and dinner at The Bay View and The Cliff Restaurant, it is very competitive if to compare with other 4-star hotels in Patong or Karon area. Our BBQ & Seafood buffet dinner is THB 690++ per person as well as our Thai buffet dinner on every Wednesday. However, if compared with a real local restaurant on streets, our resort prices are a bit higher due to higher product, quality and cost.

We look forward to the immense pleasure of welcoming you back to home away from home.

With our best regards,

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Just arrived back from this beautiful hotel. The villas are gorgeous. The hotel is secluded but within minutes by tuc tuc you can be in the center of Karon or Paton, also its only a couple of minutes walk along a beach walkway to Karon beach. The pools are lovely and the staff friendly with plenty of happy hours during the afternoon. The breakfasts are good with no queuing for the egg station or toaster. No good for the disabled, elderly or families with small children as the hotel is built into a hillside with lots of steps to the pools, dining areas and lobby although you can ring for a buggy to take you up there. The Saturday night barbecue was good value with lots of delicious meat and seafood to choose from and free flowing wine for 2 hours which the waiting on staff are continuously topping up. Our friends went to the Thai night on the Wednesday though and said that it was very poor and not worth the money. All in all, we had a fantastic week there and wouldn't hesitate in going back to this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are virtually the same with lots of steps to everywhere but well worth it and it keeps you...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sharon g

Sawasdee Krub Khun Sharon,

Warmest greetings from Centara Villas Phuket!!!

Thank you very much indeed for taking your valuable time to share with us and the TripAdvisor's fans a lovely review on your recent holidays with us.

It is wonderful to hear you brought back home fond memories about our facilities and services extended during your stay. I am particular pleased to learn that you enjoyed our BBQ & Seafood Buffet with free flow wines. I am sad to hear your friends found our Thai buffet night a poor one, last night we had it again and almost 50 guests participated and almost every guest praised on the food quality, presentation and the Thai cultural performances extended to them.

Khun Sharon, we all now look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future. Meanwhile, we wish you happiness and joys the entire 2013!

Yours,
Sam & entire team

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We came here as part of our honeymoon trip and stayed for 3 nights.
The villa we stayed in felt lovely and secluded which we found to be just perfect for us. The room did not have a bath which we would have liked and unfortunately even on maximum temperature the shower was still not quite warm enough. Still minor things as we felt the staff were lovely, the pools were relaxing and not too busy the times we were there. We did pop over to the Centara Grand which was great too bit much busier. The food at the Cliff Restaurant was excellent with amazing views and we caught the short firework display a couple of times. The Spa at Centara Villas is amazing. I love spas and this is one of the best I have come across. I convinced my husband to have a treatment too, which we has in the same room with wonderful views. He was impressed which says a lot! We also were lucky enough to be staying when one of the cookery afternoons was being held.. brilliant fun..and we must give a special mention to Jo, the chef, he was just made the the afternoon such a joy. He was so enthusiastic and obviously so passionate about cooking! We have been inspired to try more cooking and the recipes from the book when we return home.

All in all, I would recommend Centara Villas for a romantic get away. There is a lovely atmosphere and is just perfect for relaxing!

• Stayed: January 2013

Sawasdee krub Khun HonestTraveller7744,

First of all, thank you very much for staying with us and for giving us a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

We read your review with such a great delight and it is so good to learn that our facilities, services, staff and ambience created a happy and memorable experience on your special stay. Jo the chef acknowledged your kind recognition and compliment on his outstanding service with big smile and he hopes to see you both again. It is highly appreciated that you made a constructive comment on a shower temperature; we already fixed it and now regular checked by our room maid daily.

Khun HonestTraveller7744, thank you once again for recommending our secluded and romantic resort. We trust this upcoming Valentines’ our resort will definitely welcome many couple and honeymooners to celebrate their endless love and long lasting relationship in a most romantic way.

We already look forward to welcoming you both back to our resort. In the meantime, we wish you both a very happy 2013 and soon a babe!

Best wishes,

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The hotel and staff were the real highlight of our trip to Phuket. They even put a birthday cake in the bar fridge on my daughter Kirsty's birthday. The spa has to be visited. They ae very professional and the aromatherapy was heavenly!!

Room Tip: Our room faced the sea and it was truly spectacular. Although pleasantly green, It is a very hilly r...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank david k

Sawasdee krub Khun David,

Warm greetings from Centara Villas Phuket!!!

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to share with us a feedback on your recent experience at our resort. It is such a great joys to hear you and your family had a happy and memorable stay.
We all look forward to your returned visit and in the meantime, we wish you all the best for 2013!

With best regards,