“Great pool, clean rooms, close to Patong” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort

Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 132 Hotels in Karon
Chicago, Illinois
“Great pool, clean rooms, close to Patong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband, MIL, one year old daughter, and i stayed at the Le Meridien for the second time about a month ago (my husband and i were here in 2008) and couldn't have enjoyed our stay more.

Everything we remembered liking about the hotel was still true. The pool is huge and has plenty of chairs for a resort of this size. The beach is clean (even if the water is generally too rough for swimming). The food is good and not horribly expensive for a resort, and the hotel is very close to Patong making it easy to get on/off the property (a tuk tuk is 300 baht). The resort also has a baby Elephant visit it daily which is just a little something extra...

The kids club was also great for families with kids. While we couldn't drop our daughter off (i believe the kids have to be 4+) it was a great place to take her after she was done with the pool. And the staff couldn't have been nicer.

I would highly recommend the Le Meridien. I have no doubt we'll be back. Now if they could just get a swim up bar this place would be perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jrptravels
Almario, Director of Online & Marketing Communications at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear 'jrptravels'

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay and that your expectations based on your time with us in 2008 were met. Thank you for staying with us again and we hope that you will be retuning soon. The beach has actually been unusually rough in the past weeks and I am aware that this has been the same for other beaches on the island. The hotel's lifeguards have increased manning and continue to be alert and vigilant. Many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to having you again at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

An easy five stars! Great location, good food, super comfortable rooms, friendly staff. Actually it's already been written on TA about this hotel. So I will just add I will be back soon, and I look forward to that time!

Room Tip: Try and get an Ocean view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank kingArcher
Dear 'kingArcher'

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your appraisal and are glad to now that you enjoyed your time with us. Many thanks for affirming the overall wonderful feedback the hotel receives from guests and we too look forward to your return. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we wish you pleasant journeys.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel with my family around 7 or 8 times. My parents love it and we always go back here when we visit Phuket.
The location is great - it has it's own private beach and is a 10 minute taxi ride away from all the fun in Patong.
The food is amazing, especially the beach BBQ during high season. Variety of food for breakfast is huge, I love the egg station in particular.
In terms of rooms - we have stayed in the suites and also the grand suite (I think that's what it's called) when we managed to get a booking - one year in advance - and I have nothing negative to say about the quality. The balconies are so large they seem bigger than the rooms and the view of the ocean is to die for. The rooms are kept very clean, room service is flawless and we have never complained about that side of things.
We usually come around Christmas/NY time so the hotel is always very busy, and hotel restaurants get booked rather quickly but that is only a problem if you want to stay in and not go to nearby Patong or Kata beaches. For dinner I would recommend the Italian restaurant, the foor for a hotel place is superb.
The only downside is the way Russian guests 'reserve' seats on the beach early in the morning and some of them never turn up, but that's not the hotel's fault. Although I think the hotel management could find a way to stop them doing this. I am Russian myself but have grown up in the UK and this behaviour makes me really mad. This way you can never get a seat on the beach during high season and have to get up at 7 to be able to do so.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank polinapetrova
Dear 'polinapetrova'

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know that you and your family have enjoyed your time with us and we do thank you for making us your preferred holiday venue on Phuket. We look forward to your return and wish you pleasant journeys.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

This resort was one of the best we have ever stayed in. It has great pools for adults and kids(ours is 7), a large private beach, and plenty of activities to do on site. No real reason to leave if you are there to relax and have a good time.

The staff was very helpful, and always smiling. Yes, some of them did not speak perfect English, but then you are in another country, right? Our son spent a lot of time at the Penguin Club for kids,and was kept busy and happy with a wide range of activities and games. He did not want to leave! The staff at the club was incredibly friendly and helpful.

Activities like mini-golf, par-course, well-equipped gym, and available tennis courts made this place a great one to stay at.

We read one review before coming over about loud nighttime entertainment at the central restaurant. We think whoever wrote that must be a hermit. The music was not loud, and was quite good actually. It never carried to our room, and ended at a reasonable time. We had a table right next to the show and found it to be fun and upbeat.

So go to Le Meridien if you want a place to drop anchor and have a wonderful time!

Sleep Quality
Dear 'JPF52'

Thank you for your review. It is great to know that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. We are delighted to be considered as amongst the best hotels you've stayed at and I'm sure our associates will receive your comments with much appreciation too. We are committed to continually improve our facilities and service delivery. I am aware that our English communications teacher conducts daily classes and there has been a good improvement in our associates' skills. We thank you for your appraisal and kind endorsement and look forward to having you and your family at Le Meridien Phuket again soon.

Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful property in June. This hotel has the only private beach in Phuket - it is wonderful. There are a number of restaurants on the property and they are all excellent. We had been traveling for 2 months when we arrived at Le Meridien Phuket. We had booked for 6 nights, but on the 5th morning, we presented ourselves to the front desk to check out with all our luggage at 5:45 am. The person at the counter said: "you are leaving early?". To which I replied "yes". They meant we were leaving a day earlier, but I just thought they meant early in the morning. At the counter at the airport, the fellow said: "Madam this flight is tomorrow". My heart fell into my stomach and thought we'd lost our hotel room for that night. I called Le Meridien and the desk clerk passed my call directly to the Manager who told us to come right back to the hotel. When we arrived, he was waiting for us with a full package of room keys, etc and a porter to bring our luggage up to our room. The next day as we were about to leave, the Manager was waiting for us at the front desk with two lovely breakfast packages to take with us to the airport and the desk clerk apologized to me. But it was not their fault at all. I am the one who made the mistake.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Lucie Z
Almario, Director of Online & Marketing Communications at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear 'Lucie Z'

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are delighted to know that we were able to provide assistance during this difficult situation. I will surely pass on your appreciation to our associates whom I know will receive this with much thanks. We hope you'll include us again in your travels and we wish you pleasant journeys.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel in for about 8-10 times (for business and pleasure) in the last 7 years. No words can describe how excellent the services and facilities are. From the people, to the food, to the ambiance, to the view...what more can I say? The food is ALWAYS EXCELLENT - super tasty! I will definitely stay at the Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort again...and again...and again! Thank you Julian Lowry (Director of F&B), Irene Leong (Asst Director of Sales & Marketing), Derek Loke (Director of Sales & Marketing), Rudolf Borgesius (General Manager)!

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is AWESOME!
Dear 'J0anneNg'

Thank you for your review. Allow me to express our appreciation of your kind appraisal, particularly of our associates and management. It is always a pleasure to have you each time and we are grateful that we remain your home away from home on Phuket. Julian, Irene, and Mr Borgesius and all of us look forward to your return. We all wish you pleasant journeys.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Le Meridien for 8 nights in July with our three daughters.
We were so impressed with our room, the facilities and the staff.
We were also present when fellow holidaymaker Yalcin, a Turkish tourist sadly drowned and despite everyone's best efforts to revive him, they were unable. I would caution people with little or no experience swimming in the surf to follow the instructions of the ample lifeguards and either swim between flags, or stick to the huge, amazing pools!!
Thanks for an amazing holiday and please, pass on our condolences to his family if the opportunity arises.

Rooms
2 Thank Leah Taylor M
Dear 'CandLTaylor'

Thank you for your review and appraisal of the resort's rooms and venues. Our thoughts and prayers remain with him, and his family and friends. We continue to provide assistance where we can. We hope you and your family will consider staying with us again. We wish you pleasant journeys.

Kind regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,010 reviews
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!