We spent one week at the Le Meridien Phuket when we first arrived in Thailand. When we arrived at the hotel we were met with confused stares and frantic whispers. It seems that we may have had some date issues regarding our arrival. In any case the bottom line was that we were there on the day we had booked but extremely early in the morning. The manager was promptly summoned and what appeared to be a very disgruntled and unhappy gentleman appeared. If we have the correct name it was Mr. Kun Jieb. To our way of thinking, bottom line is, that there were rooms available, It was pretty obvious that we were not trying to scam anyone by arriving early, that an honest and not too overly significant mistake had been made and that we were pretty tired after 27+ hours of travel. We felt, after gathering our senses, that we could have been more graciously welcomed regardless of the "mistake". Other than that initial issue, our stay was extremely pleasant and enjoyable. The entire facility is well-maintained and well-laid out. The staff are friendly and helpful with special mention to Sai Sunee H., hostess at Latest recipe and, if I have her name correct, Nok, Wang Warin. The beach is beautiful. It is a private sandy bay where a wave comes in in a "wall" of water that breaks so perfectly across the entire expanse. The pools are lovely and the food first class.
So regardless of that unfortunately somewhat rocky start, we had a lovely week and would definitely recommend the Le Meridien Phuket if you are contemplating a trip to Phuket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site LM Family Kids Club (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. All non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free for guests. Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines. Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 90-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon