We had a really lovely 10 day stay in Phuket at the Meridien
The staff were lovely, the beach is amazing, the facilities were excellent, if you didn't want to leave the resort you didn't have to. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. The staff were very helpful in arranging special requests. The baby elephant that visits daily is a delight. The penguin club was greatly enjoyed by my daughter. The beds were excellent, large and comfortable.
On arrival one of the rooms allocated to us smelt so bad we refused it and asked to be allocated another, the hotel clearly knew it too as they were running some type of air filter. Cleanliness- If my children cleaned a bathroom the way those were done I would make them do it again, four of our party got gastro and I can only assume the hotel failed us because we were VERY careful. Cost, everything in the hotel was twice as expensive as outside, massages and transport at the shops at the gate are half the cost and in town they are half again (mind you the ladies at the gate are a delight and very friendly and respectful so they are great for a daily massage). Daily activities organised by the hotel, these were always advertised, however usually when we turned up they were not being run. Fireworks, there were loud fireworks without warning one night for a company function, great for the company, pretty poor for the guests who had children that woke up in fright. The lady in the room across from us was screaming because she thought it was bombs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site LM Family Kids Club (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. All non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free for guests. Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines. Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 90-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon