“Lovely resort away from the craziness down the road”

Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 135 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Le Meridien is a great location, with its own private beach and excellent facilities while only being 200 baht away from aching you might desire in Patong Beach area. The hotel will charge 300 baht for their car, but outside the gate you can find a local taxi for 200. Lots of restaurants to choose from and reasonably priced by 5 star hotel standards. Lots of staff so service was always good, although they struggled to understand my gluten free needs. Please note, Anyone who has dietary concerns should be really aware of the food, as even though le Meridien puts signs on the foods at the buffet, many were incorrect.
We used the day spa facility and they had great special offers and efficient staff .... But of course you can get a massage outside the gates for a quarter of the price.
The place is very clean and staff are all very courteous. Besides it being unbearably humid at times, and the air conditioning not working very well in our room, it is a lovely place to visit.
Wi Fi in our room was very affordable and free in public areas.
Only drawback was the noise from other guest rooms ... Seems to carry through the hallways ( or maybe we just had very noisy families with uncontrolled kids on our floor)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AustraliaChris09
Jehan_Suanico, Marketing Communications Specialist at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear "AustraliaChris09"

Warm greetings from Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort. Indeed our location goes first on the list- located on a secluded beach cove on a 40-acres lush tropical greenery and only 5 minutes away from Phuket's lively district of Patong. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed all these and that you liked your dining experience. I have forwarded your comment regarding food signs that were incorrect to our Food and Beverage team for review. Thank you again for your kind words and taking the time to write. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My partner and I and friends spent 3 days at this awesome place And it was too short! I would spend lots more time there!
Rung was my favorite waiter, always fast, efficient and very friendly! Would come back just for him!
The rooms were lovely and clean. Bed was huge! the staff were very friendly and helpful and the beach was spectacular! We didn't spend enough time at the beach but next time we will. We stayed on the 20th of Feb and left on the 23rd
If/when we return we will spend longer!

Room Tip: Go to the left side as you face the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Jehan_Suanico, Marketing Communications Specialist at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear "Becsta27"

Thank you for your feedback and kind appraisal. We are glad to know that you and your partner enjoyed all aspects of your stay at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort. It is sincerely warming to read that our associates particularly Rung made your stay even more enjoyable as they continually do their utmost to meet and exceed expectations. Rest assured your feedback has been shared to the entire team whom I'm sure will receive with great appreciation. Many thanks again and we look forward to having you back for a longer stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

From "Welcome" to "Goodbye". Everything has been perfect.
Treatment, kindness, location, cleaning, food, sea, beach, wi-fi.
In spite of Phukhet average and proximity to Patong, this is a real High Standard Resort. Near to facilities but far from noise and crowd.
Very strategic for excursions too.
Perfect for relax seekers and sea lovers. You will totally agree.

Dear "Gabrielle G"

Greetings from Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort.
We would like to thank you for your brief yet informative review regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you had an overall enjoyable experience with us particularly on the usual high standards of our associates. It was a pleasure for us to learn that we truly exceed your expectations. Many thanks and we look forward to many more of your visits to the resort.

With best regards,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Room was nice and comfortable - rainfall shower in the bath was so therapeutic. The staff was very helpful to meet my needs - arranging golf excursion, good business center, free wifi in public area and free water bottles in the room. I had the inclusive breakfast which was adequate - omelette station was good - I would have enjoyed a Belgium waffle station.
The spa facilities were very relaxing and clean. I did have a sports massage and facial which was the best I had while in Thailand. The gym had a lot of free weights and machines and enough cardio machines. 24 hour room service came in handy. The best is private, calm and beautiful. Plenty of free watersports like sailing, snorkeling, sea kayak, and paddle boarding. I will definitely be back to get away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Jehan_Suanico, Marketing Communications Specialist at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear "Shawn L"

Thank you for sharing your Le Meridien experience on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate your positive comments about our services and facilities. It is also a pleasure to note that you were pleased with the friendly service of our Associates and particularly liked the spa and our fitness center as well as the breakfast on offer. I will surely share your suggestion of a Belgian waffle station to our Chef as he continually improves dining offerings to our guests. Thank you once again for your kind comments and recommendation. We will definitely look forward to your return.

With best regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I'm going to write this review in 2 parts... the actual accommodations, service and and their events department.

First part, the hotel sits a on a beautiful private beach and beyond that there are lush views of the hills everywhere you look. As for the overall look and feel of the hotel... well... it's a bit run down. I think this hotel would've been awesome if it was in the 90s... which was probably when it was built but have yet to update it since. I also noticed that they always say they are at capacity... which may or may not be true. My brother asked for an upgrade in room, which he would've paid for, but they said none were available. However the same day, our friends wanted to get a room and on the day everyone arrived and had no problems getting rooms. If I had to guess, they are not usually at capacity. I've seen this hotel when it was busy, which then I understand, but at the time we there they didn't seem to be too busy. Perhaps, I expect a level of service that SPG hotels normally provide but here the service was very underwhelming. After this whole experience, I am reluctant to stay at any Le Meridian Hotels.

For the 2nd part, we got married at this hotel. I'm in the wedding business and had clear idea of what I wanted for my big day and I cry every time I think about our wedding. While our guests had the time of their lives and we enjoyed every moment of the celebration, we were beyond disappointed in the hotel staff and the execution of the event. We spent several months going back and forth on, mostly non-responsive, emails to communicate our wants, needs and vision. Although it seemed to us, after the in person meeting, that they clearly understood what we wanted... it turned out nothing like I had imagined. It was everything I didn't want it to be. The event manager takes absolutely no accountability when it comes to his wrong doing and does nothing to make up for it. In fact, after our last email, listing out all of our complaints, we still have yet to hear a response :( I'm not surprised if he is purposely avoiding or deleting our emails. The best way to describe him is as an over-promiser and an under-deliverer.

If I have one recommendation to give... DO NOT have your wedding or any type of events here. They are extremely unresponsive and unaccommodating, I wouldn't even recommend this place to my worst enemies.

These are just a list of things about our event that disappointed us. We feel absolutely ripped off in paying for something we didn't want and am absolutely regretful that we had our wedding here. It still sickens me to this day and it's too late to take change it. :(

1) The whole reason to get married on this property was so that we had an elephant as part of the wedding. The time was ticking the ceremony started running behind, I'm walking down the aisle and there is no elephant. After the ceremony, the Catering Manager comes to me and says, I didn't give him the cue. We were to have him for a minimum of an hour but was promised more than an hour. I don't understand why he wasn't waiting where everyone else was waiting or at least in view... instead he was on a different area of the property.

2) I had asked our guests to arrive early, since there will be welcome drinks available... the guests came early and there was no welcome drinks to be found. They were still being made and the Catering Manager made the decision to move it to cocktail hour... without discussing it with us.

3) I wanted a very simple bouquet... sent plenty of pictures and even provided the ribbon I wanted to use. The bouquet bottom was simple wrapped in jute ribbon, no bows. Instead, I got white satin ribbon with a huge bow. They also used the green foam and a plastic bouquet handle... in the end, I had asked them to redo it. Ultimately, I didn't have a bouquet to photograph or walk down the aisle with :( Which still saddens me.

4) I sent very specific image of a the boutonniere I wanted for my groom... 2 small orchids, tightly wrapped in jute fabric. Instead, I got the biggest orchid i have every seen with a huge bow on it. Clearly, unlike the picture I had sent. My husband ended up not using the boutonniere.

5) You would think that with a wedding going on, they would've blocked off an area of the beach that it was held on... No. Instead you can see onlookers in their speedos in almost every picture:(

6) I I had one long table and I asked for loosely arranged flowers along the whole table with lots of candles. I got 8 small arrangements and no candles. I wanted hanging christmas lights draped above the ables... Instead, they mounted big ugly poles that were very distracting with 6 big ugly light bulbs. What was really disturbing was that the next day there was another event gong on and they used the same arrangement.

7) I asked numerous times for the signs and lounge chairs to be removed and place at quite a distance.. during the cocktail hour none of this was done. I pulled aside the events manager and he just stood there. I asked him again... nothing. Then my husband, during cocktail hour, went to move those chairs by himself and then he came to help. I made it clear before the day that I wanted a clear view of the ocean from the table... instead of lazily stacked beach chairs and a beach is closed sign.

8) Cake, I provided an image of what i wanted the cake to look like and the flower petals because I didn't trust that would make the flowers. They even managed to screw that up. I wanted 2 or 3 layer cake of even height... instead i got tall fake layer and 2 short layers and it looked nothing like the cake i wanted.

9) Ice sculptures are awesome but not when they are placed next to an alter... which we never wanted or was advised of being placed there.

As for our celebration? The best time ever but that would've happened anywhere we went.

Room Tip: They've remodeled some rooms. I'd suggest requesting an renovated room otherwise expect so...
6  Thank janekimmer
Jehan_Suanico, Marketing Communications Specialist at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear "janekimmer"

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. It comes with great concern for me to learn about the shortfalls you have encountered during your wedding day. I have discussed this matter in the most serious way with the concerned departments and have been informed that the welcome drinks, flowers, boutonnieres, cake, lightings and set-up including the ice-carving were all relayed and approved by you prior to the event. I was also informed that you have your own wedding planner and as a courtesy, like any other wedding that we do, our associates waited for instructions and her cue to go further. As to the elephant and the lounge chairs, I believe these has been clearly informed to you where "Valentine" would wait and lounge chairs placed. I regret that this was not all to your satisfaction. I would like to reiterate again my sincerest apologies for the chain of unfortunate events that happened during the event. Rest assured that every point in your feedback had been duly noted as it is only through such that we are able to identify areas of concern which in turn gives us the chance to correct and improve our services especially on this kind of event.

With kind regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a large resort that is only a stone's throw from Patong (5 mins by taxi) but is in a quiet private bay with private peaceful beach.

This is the perfect place to stay if you want to avoid the crowded beaches in Phuket! Close enough to travel in for lunch / dinner / shopping, but also far enough away to feel like you could be in a whole other world.

The food in the hotel restaurants can be quite pricey, as can the buffet dinner's, but the food at the International and Thai restaurants is very nice. Breakfast is fantastic also.

This definitely isn't 5 start luxury, but it is very nice, clean and convenient, representing fair value for money.

They gym was really well equipped, and the mini golf, archery, climbing wall, tennis courts and squash courts are all great inclusions.

I would definitely stay here again, and would also recommend to friends, but I would recommend pool view rooms on 3rd/4th floors.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms on North end of hotel are the best, as they get the cool morning sun, but not direct...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear "PlayfulPup"

Thanks for your comments. I'm happy to know that you liked your stay and that you were able to relax and enjoy at the resort. I couldn't agree more on your comment about our location as we are conveniently located only 5 minutes away from the shopping and entertainment districts of Patong and Karon, while giving you the luxury of space, peace and tranquility- indeed a stone's throw away from the hustle and bustle. Thanks also for sharing your approval of our dining venues. We will definitely look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is my third stay at Le Meridien and my stay was good.

Location , for me is fantastic, close to Pa-Tong.. but fa enough if you want to be far!!

Room was good, even tought they need some improvement. I was at a deluxe garden, nice , with a very good shower and bathroom.

The best for me is the beach.. PRIVATE... so only for the guest of the hotel..and this for Phuket is a plus!! and very nice and large.

Also breakfast at many restaurants was delicious.

I am an SPG Platinum member , so I always prefer to stay at SPG properties, but this time I didn't received the some plus as the other times i was here !! They did not upgreded my room reservation , and I found that some amenities was lower than in the past ... if i remember well, till last year You can have free cocktails form 6 Pm till late evening ... while now this amenity is only from 6 pM to 7 pm ! one hour! close to the time in wich you could be still in the beach !! so not very useful!!!

Than I asked for a late check out... it was given to me but I had to fight for receiving ( ok maybe the hotel was full) ... but at least I have it , so this was ok.

I also used the fitness center, which was large, full of equipment ... but as always in these country there was too air conditioning !!

At the end I found this hotel still very very good, but maybe they are loosing something ... that if they will continue to loose... it could become a problem for this resort!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear "anguilla"

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us again despite some issues raised. We apologize for our inability to upgrade your room due to unavailability at the time. As to the happy hour on offer at the resort varies once in a while. What was on offer last year was a free drink per stay at anytime while currently our SPG Platinum Members can avail of a free drink between 6-7pm daily. Moreover, we continually do our utmost to understand guests' experiences by adding improved services and facilities. We sincerely appreciate your confidence in us and thank you once again for your continued support. We look forward to your next stay.

Kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 331 in Patong
Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!