Recently went to the resort for annivasary vacation with my girlfriend. Initially wish to stay at Westin for whole trip but due to the prise, we opt for Le Meridien for better value. We arrived early in the morning since we had a morning flight (ETA 0720). A 45 min taxi ride, we arrived the resort with warm welcome from the staff. As we arrived early, i would expect the room wouldn't be ready until at least noon but the receptionist who wasvery courteous told us that the room will be ready in an hour which is perfect for us to have breakfast at the restaurant. Pakarang, the restaurant for breakfast in the morning which surounded by the pool. At a cost of 590++ THB, (+/- 20USD) my opinion for the breakfast is above OK. Large variaty of choise from asian to american. Cook to order item includes eggs, sandwiched and noodles. Overall was not bad but can be futher improved. After the breakfast, we take a stroll around the resort and found that they have various activies on the list such as free scuba diving trail in the pool, rock climbing, 9 hole mini golf, driving range, thai boxing class, archery and etc. The beach which solely available to the resort guest make it less crowded to nearby beach such as Karon or Patong. There are several pool on the resort. 2 oversized pool or at least what they are called, 1 surrounding the pakarang restaurant and another 1 next to Ton Son Cafe. The later include kids pool and jacuzzi.
As usual the resort is equiped with Spa but due to the price, we opt for the massage place just outside the main gate of the resort. Of course the setting very far different from the resort Spa, Le Spa but it does the job for me.
The room was spacious well equiped with basic amenities that we need. Of course, if it is not available, it is just a phone call away. Our room A/C is not working but with a phone call, it is fixed in just few minutes. The room had a big glass panel view into the bathroom which is really great for couples. Of course, the curtain is available for privacy. Flat panel TV with large variety of channel choice but which this great pool and beach, I bet very few people stay in the room for TV.
The resort has 10 F&B outlet. Every night, Pakarang will have themed buffet dinner. We skip the first night as it is Thai food. (Coming from north of Malaysia, we are used to Thai food) Second night it is pirate themed which is seafood, bbq and some asian thai western fusion. I personnel like the bbq seafood and roasted pig on spit fire but the bbq meat is too dry for my liking although I asked for twice my meat to be cook medium well. One huge let down for me is the buffet run out of fresh oyster in first hour and the waiter told me there is no more. To me, buffet should have plenty of supply for the food especially guest who have their reservation late. Other than that it is great. Beach cafe La Fiamma served thin crust brick oven baked pizza. I order a Margarita Pizza for my lunch on the beach. I'm not a big fans of pizza but I can have a dozen of this. Maybe it is a huge different from fast food pizza which I used to. For the beach bar and Ton Son bar, there is a special features where the discount at the happy hour are based on the temperature of the day. Hotter the day, cheaper the drink! We didn't try the other restaurant so we don't know how was the quality.
As we informed them that is our anniversary, the resort gave us a complimentary photo shooting as a token of memoir. Really appreciate the courteous gesture of the hotel management. While 1 or 2 of the hotel staff can use more smile (maybe their bad day), all the staff wish you sawadee all the time with smile.
Some of the activities have to be booked in advance such as thai boxing class. Do ask the receptionist for further information. Overall we're happy with the resort service and don't mind to come back in the future, maybe for our wedding or family trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites including Deluxe Ocean View Rooms, Deluxe Terrace Rooms, and Ocean View Junior Suites fully renovated in October 2013. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, rock-climbing wall, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site Penguin Club for kids (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. Use of the Penguin Club's facilities and all non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free.Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines including a refurbished Pakarang Restaurant and a new Le Meridien-branded 'Latest Recipe' Restaurant opened in October 2013.Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 45-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon