Do not confuse this LeMeridien with the one is KhaoLak Beach. I made the reservation at KhaoLak and the cab driver took us to this location. So we ended up staying here. The hotel was full but it was late night - the manager helped us to get a room rather than driving another 2 hrs to get to KhaoLak where we supposed to spend our vacation.
This resort location is secluded, but not very far from Patong Beach (10 mins tuktuk ride each way). From airport, it is quite a drive (40mins-1.5 hrs depending on traffic) - many taxis available at the airport (none use meter so you have to agree on a price when taking one). The resort has its own private beach which makes it even better. The beach is nice and has many big rocks towards the edge of the property. Great if you love photography. Twice a day a baby elephant named Valentine comes visit the beach to greet the kids. You can bring fruits for the elephant to eat, or money for tips.
There are at least five different pools - all are excellent. Good for kids, solo travel, or even honeymooners. The property has a lounge for travelers between the pools area. Four restaurants or more are offered in the complex. We tried two of them and we were satisfied. One time I was craving for McDonald and wanted to try Thai version, so we called them to deliver the food. However, when I picked up the meals in the lobby the hotel rep let us know it was the last time we could do such thing. I dont understand why, McDonald is an American chain and they should be high standard of hygene.
The room is clean, bed is comfortable, and bathroom is modern. However, you can still feel Thai culture in the room based on the wall decorations and furnitures.
The hotel has shuttle service to reach Patong Beach. You can hire tuktuk or taxi to get back. Using hotel to arrange a taxi cost more. When you get to Patong beach, try to get information about taxi driver/car you like - you can always stick with them the rest of your vacation if you like them. It seems like most taxi in Patong beach is illegal taxis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites including Deluxe Ocean View Rooms, Deluxe Terrace Rooms, and Ocean View Junior Suites fully renovated in October 2013. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, rock-climbing wall, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site Penguin Club for kids (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. Use of the Penguin Club's facilities and all non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free.Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines including a refurbished Pakarang Restaurant and a new Le Meridien-branded 'Latest Recipe' Restaurant opened in October 2013.Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 45-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon