We are here for 12 nights and absolutely have fell in love with the resort.
- lots of swimming pools
- beach hut serving cheap drinks at 100 baht and up. Not associated with the hotel. Note - there are two huts - one serves alcohol and one doesn't. We visited the alcoholic hut everyday. The bananna smoothies were delicious. We would add rum to them. All the drinks were excellent! They also serve fresh fruit at 50 baht a plate. Singha beer at 100 baht.
-we only ate breakfast every morning at the resort. The best out of the three restaurants was definately portofino with champagne with breakfast. The second best was the cafe restaurant. As we were platinum, breakfast was included in our rate.
-for lunch, we frequented mr.yong right outside the resort - a quick 5 minute walk. It was a good restaurant for very reasonable prices. We usually ordered the spring rolls, pad thai, beef with ginger, cashew chicken. Our bill for family of 4 with drinks was usually 1000 baht. We also ordered takeout to bring back to our room on the lazy nights.
-the taxi service inside and outside of hotel was great. To go to karon/patong, hotel charges 300 baht for private car....if you walk right outside hotel, men in green shirt charge 200 baht. Coming back to the hotel we usually paid 250-300 baht
-convenient laundry, money exchange, massage services also outside hotel
-our kids enjoyed rock climbing, mini golf and archery
-housekeeping great - checked multiple times during the day if you needed any replenishments
- service impeccable
-for platinum status, also got one free drink per person from 6-7:30 at bar every night. Internet also free for platinum. also got upgrade to pool view
-room was great - standard room with king bed and extra cot was enough for us and two kids aged 10 and 12
- yes - hotel food prices are high, but what else do you expect at a 5 star resort. Prices very comparable to american standards.
-pool view room very noisy at night with outside entertainment...we learned to tune it out. View more important than noise
-going into town definately adds up on taxi fares but worth trying the restaurants in patong and karon.
Definately coming back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites including Deluxe Ocean View Rooms, Deluxe Terrace Rooms, and Ocean View Junior Suites fully renovated in October 2013. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, rock-climbing wall, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site Penguin Club for kids (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. Use of the Penguin Club's facilities and all non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free.Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines including a refurbished Pakarang Restaurant and a new Le Meridien-branded 'Latest Recipe' Restaurant opened in October 2013.Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 45-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon