We just enjoyed a 4 day 3 night stay at the Le Meridien. It was a company bonus trip so I didn't make the booking hence no comments.
I really liked that Le Meridien had:-
- a nice private little stretch of beach with white, fine sand
- a kids club (aka Penguin Club). Plenty of toys, playground at the back (beware of mozzies and red ants). We could hang around with our 2 year old after breakfast.
- a spacious newly renovated room for us. We stayed at the Chaba Wing.
- a good buffet spread. Tip: For breakfast, have it at the Pakarang (the restaurant that sort of stretches out into the pool area) instead of Le Fleur. The spread at Pakarang seems more.
What baffled me is the cost of transport from the resort to the nearest shopping centre (the Jungceylon). A one way trip by taxi costs 300 baht and the ride really doesn't take that long! Somehow, the taxi rides in Phuket are by fixed prices and not calculated based on the meter.
So, for a family of 2 adults and 1 kid, the transport cost is really quite prohibitive. Especially because my kid needs a nap in the afternoon so even if we took a taxi to the mall, we wouldn't be able to spend much time outside. We decided to stay in and have the buffet dinner in the resort on 1 night and room service for lunch the next day. We went for the Hollywood themed buffet dinner, and I must say, for the price, the food was really quite good. There was even entertainment thrown in. Room service was good too, only thing is that it takes quite a while.
One other thing, I feel the pools should be cleaned more often because alot of sand inevitably gets brought in from the beach. Tip: Don't forget to bring your towel cards to the pool/ beach and remember to return the pool towels in exchange for the towel cards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site LM Family Kids Club (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. All non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free for guests. Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines. Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 90-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon