Just returned from an 8 day break at Le Meridien in Phuket. Fabulous hotel, staff service was second to none, nothing was a problem:-
bedrooms - there were 3 of use 2 adults and a 16 year old, lovely room, by reading thru some of the other reviews I believe that we must have had a refurbed room (404), it was more than big enough to accommodate all 3 of us, but then again we dont spend anytime more than necessary in our hotel rooms, the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in in Asia, my son had a put up bed but he had no problems sleeping either, nice balcony with views over the pool and beach. Room cleaned every day and early on in the day so if you wanted to escape the sun and return to the room, like my husband the room has already been serviced so you were not disturbed.
Breakfast - available in a choice of 2 restaurants either outside in sort of a floating restaurant or in the cafe restaurant with either outdoor or indoor seating, both served the same food, never had any problems getting a table and there was so much choice, my only critisism would be that the asian breakfast was exactly the same of each of the 8 days we were there, I like to eat asian food thru out the stay but this just got boring, plea to hotel management please change the items on offer, perhaps some sushi would be nice but it just got boring
Portofinos - the italian restaurant we ate in a couple of times, probably the most expensive of the hotel restaurants but the best, superb meals both times no complaints.
Thai Restaurant - quality of the food was fantastic, my son is not overly keen on eating asian food night after night but there was no problem as he was able to choose from the cafe menu, I enjoyed each of the 3 meals we ate here, fabulous !
Beach - beautiful beach and so nice not to be constantly pestered with sellers!, great little beach hut run by 3 thai ladies, and nice and cheap, absolutely no problems in getting a sunbed no matter what the time of day. The only complaint that I would have is that there seemed to be alot of hotel activities on the notice board each day but we never seemed to see them take place, my son really didnt have a lot to occupy him, he played football on the beach a couple of times but that had been organised between themselves and not the hotel, I think that they should pay more interest in the teenage kids in the hotel, there were quite a lot and give them something to do during the day.
All in all though a lovely relaxing holiday and I didnt want to leave, would I return again, you bet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site LM Family Kids Club (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. All non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free for guests. Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines. Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 90-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon