“Fabulous Holiday”

Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 135 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Just returned from an 8 day break at Le Meridien in Phuket. Fabulous hotel, staff service was second to none, nothing was a problem:-

bedrooms - there were 3 of use 2 adults and a 16 year old, lovely room, by reading thru some of the other reviews I believe that we must have had a refurbed room (404), it was more than big enough to accommodate all 3 of us, but then again we dont spend anytime more than necessary in our hotel rooms, the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in in Asia, my son had a put up bed but he had no problems sleeping either, nice balcony with views over the pool and beach. Room cleaned every day and early on in the day so if you wanted to escape the sun and return to the room, like my husband the room has already been serviced so you were not disturbed.

Breakfast - available in a choice of 2 restaurants either outside in sort of a floating restaurant or in the cafe restaurant with either outdoor or indoor seating, both served the same food, never had any problems getting a table and there was so much choice, my only critisism would be that the asian breakfast was exactly the same of each of the 8 days we were there, I like to eat asian food thru out the stay but this just got boring, plea to hotel management please change the items on offer, perhaps some sushi would be nice but it just got boring

Portofinos - the italian restaurant we ate in a couple of times, probably the most expensive of the hotel restaurants but the best, superb meals both times no complaints.

Thai Restaurant - quality of the food was fantastic, my son is not overly keen on eating asian food night after night but there was no problem as he was able to choose from the cafe menu, I enjoyed each of the 3 meals we ate here, fabulous !

Beach - beautiful beach and so nice not to be constantly pestered with sellers!, great little beach hut run by 3 thai ladies, and nice and cheap, absolutely no problems in getting a sunbed no matter what the time of day. The only complaint that I would have is that there seemed to be alot of hotel activities on the notice board each day but we never seemed to see them take place, my son really didnt have a lot to occupy him, he played football on the beach a couple of times but that had been organised between themselves and not the hotel, I think that they should pay more interest in the teenage kids in the hotel, there were quite a lot and give them something to do during the day.

All in all though a lovely relaxing holiday and I didnt want to leave, would I return again, you bet!

4  Thank Jane131262
Almario, Director of Online & Marketing Communications at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2011

Dear “Jane131262”

Thank you for your kind comments and positive feedback. I’m delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay. Many thanks for your detailed review and for the nice photos that you have also posted. Love the beach photo by the way!

I have shared your comment about the variety of our Asian breakfast selection with our Executive Chef and Director of Food & Beverage. I’m sure they’re ‘cooking up’ something to enhance our current offering.

Our new Sports & Recreations Manager is reviewing the resort’s current activities programme to improve and ensure that this are regularly conducted. You are right in saying that we do need to add more activities and facilities for our teenage guests. One of the ideas being discussed is a dedicated centre with arcade type video game consoles and other electronic entertainment facilities. Many thanks for spurring on our efforts.

Meanwhile, we look forward to your family’s return to the resort soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

Just returned from Phuket , stayed at Le Meridien, excellent hotel, great beach , clean and warm, staff are excellent and very polite( but so are the Thai people) nothing is too hard for them and they waiting on us hand and feet , don't treat them as slaves, they work for a living , just a small tip We would certainly stay there again,

Pros , excellent, everything good

cons , none worth mentioning ( we don't nit pick )

Score 5/5

Room Tip: look for specials
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank careca90
Almario, Director of Online & Marketing Communications at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

Hi "careca90"

Thank you for staying with us and for your time in sharing your feedback. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and will definitely share your positive appraisal and kind comments with our associates. These will be received with much appreciation I'm sure. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort.

With kind regards,

Reviewed April 26, 2011

Enjoyed our stay with family at le Meridien, The children found the pools great and the sea so warm. Plenty of free activities. Long way from town and a taxi fare each time. Regular shuttle bus would of been a bonus.

2  Thank kiwihart
Almario, Director of Online & Marketing Communications at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

Dear "kiwihart"

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to know that your family had a pleasant stay and that you appreciate the extensive recreational activities available at the Resort. For transfers, there are hourly trips until late afternoon from the Resort to Patong at THB 100 per way and THB 180 round-trip via a van. I do apologize if this was not communicated to you.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

We spent 8 amazing nights at this resort and loved every moment. Check-in was very impressive considering that we arrived on Thai New Years day. We were given a upgrade to a lovely Junior Suite which was perfect. The bed was massive and really comfortable. Everything about the room was 5 star. The grounds are lovely and well kept. The pool and beach are very spacious, we had no problem getting sun lounges. Breakfast was a highlight for us, a great array of food and smiling, helpful staff. I am really glad we stayed at this resort as it is a bit secluded but still close enough if you want to tryout the madness of Patong. It was a relief to get back to the resort each day.
I read lots ( probably too many!!) reviews about Le Meridien before we arrived and was a little nervous but we had the most amazing 20th Wedding Anniversary trip. We would like to come back with the kids next time, as it has so much to offer families as well.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Annie1972_11

Dear "Annie1972_11"

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay especially on the occasion of your 20th Wedding Anniversary. Thank you for choosing to celebrate this extra special event at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort. We appreciate your positive appraisal of the Junior Suite and the resort's facilities and will share your feedback with our associates to reinforce their efforts. Please, do return with your kids as I'm sure they will also have a wonderful time.

Reviewed April 17, 2011

This was our second stay at this resort because it had just given us everything we needed in a family holiday along with several other families! There is something for everyone there. The one side of the hotel had been refurbished and were very nice - we had stayed in the older section the year before and the new rooms were much lighter and brighter and very nicely done. We particularly love the hotel because the kids are able to move around the resort safely and they played tennis, mini golf, rock climbing and swimming as well as spending loads of time with us parents on the beach. The beach is beautiful with some shade and no hawkers harassing you as there is no public access. For the parents, I can highly recommend the spa and do a couples treatment - it is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon relaxing with your partner! The breakfast buffet is lovely but can get quite busy if you come late and the restaurants in the hotel are very nice particularly the Japanese. The hotel is about 10 minutes by taxi from Patong so if you want a little more nightlife and some shopping, it is not far but you are not in the hustle and bustle and, sad to say, sleaze of Patong. For the golfers, you are about 20 mins from Red Mountain which is a great golf course and there are a few others to visit as well! The staff are wonderful and most have been there many years which is always a good sign of a well run hotel!

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are much quieter!
  • Stayed: August 2010
5  Thank McKarabia

Dear "McKarabia"

Thank you for your review and positive appraisal. I am glad to know that you and your family had a pleasant time with us. We sincerely appriciate your feedback and endoresement of our location, services and facilities. We hope you'll stay with us again on your next visit to Phuket.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2011

We have been staying at the hotel for the past week and have had an amazing time.Today was a different experience. My son and his father along with my brother-in-law and nephew hired the jet skis on the beach at the resort which they paid 2000BHT each for the four of them. When coming back on to the beach my husband and son where just let off the jet ski and free to go, not so was my brother-in-law and nephew. They where held on the beach and where accused of causing damage to two of the jetskis.The Thai man demanded money off them for repairs and even assualted my brother-in-law. we demanded for the hotel to call the police. They police arrived but they couldn't speak english. The jetski operators where intimidating and aggressive towards my brother-in-law and nephew. Hotel staff stated that they couldn't do much because they where private operators and not employed by the hotel. Contact was made to the australian consult but they are unavailable on weekends. We didn't want to leave the hotel as we don't speak the language and haven't done anything wrong. This is a true scam as i watched a french tourist during this pay 15000BHT to the ski operator whilst he said he didn't do the damage but could't prove it so he just payed. The hotel shouldn't allow these people on the beach if they have no insurance or they are not endorsed by the hotel although how would a patron no that until there is a problem. Still waiting while my brother-in-law and nephew have been taken to the police station. This has now ruined our trip and as we have spoken to other travellers who said this is very common as they try to scam money out of travellers.This scam should not be allowed to happen at this hotel.

Room Tip: Would recommend hotel but not jetskis
3  Thank bridgena_monas
Almario, General Manager at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

Dear “bridgena_monas”

I sincerely regret the untoward incident you have shared. As the beach next to the hotel is public, the hotel does not have the authority to prohibit these operators on its own. Having said that and reflecting on how this type of incident occurs more in some of the other beaches in Phuket, I would like to believe that your experience on this beach is uncommon but nonetheless concerning.

Under the circumstances one way for the hotel to prevent guests from experiencing this adverse situation is by cautioning guests from availing this facility which is neither operated nor endorsed by the hotel. The hotel does its utmost to warn guests regarding use of these jetskis in in-room collateral and signage at areas leading to the beach.

If guests absolutely must avail of this facility, I would advise that they inspect the jetski for any visible scratches or damages to at least minimize dispute after returning the vehicle.

I am sorry to learn that this has negatively affected what would have been an otherwise pleasant stay for your family. I and my team will be looking into additional initiatives that would enable us to better communicate this advisory.

With kind regards,

Rudolf Borgesius, General Manager

Reviewed April 14, 2011

On our arrival the foyer is great! The welcome we received from the staff was very warm and our children (aged 6 and 2) were attended to immediately. We had a 2 pool view inter-connected rooms which were big and spacious. On the gorund floor is perfect for the children with access to the pristine beach only 50metres to the waters edge. The pool is clean and huge. It has an area the size of a 5 car garage which is only 0.5m deep for the kids. Restaurants are great witha great barbecue lunch on the beach everyday. The daily visit from the baby elephant was a hit with the children as well.

The resort is only 5 minutes taxi ride into Patong which was also handy to do a bit of shopping.

We would definitely go back! It was a great family resort.

3  Thank joedan95
Almario, Director of Online & Marketing Communications at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Dear “joedan95”

It’s great to know that we were able to delight you and your family as soon as you arrived. Thank you for your comments on our facilities and location. I hope the kids were also able to enjoy our Penguin Club, a dedicated centre just for our younger guests. Thank you for choosing to spend your family holiday at the resort and we look forward to welcoming all of you back soon.

Kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 331 in Patong
Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!