Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort
$106
Movenpick.com
$104
$92
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort(Kata Noi Beach)(Great Value!)
$154
$141
  • Beachfront
$102
$89
$204
$155
Agoda.com
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$108
$94
  • Breakfast included
$147
$134
  • Breakfast included
Beyond Resort Karon(Karon)(Great Value!)
$167
$111
  • Pool
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$39
The Baray Villa(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$255
$109
Agoda.com
All reviewskaron beachstairs to climbfourth floorair conshort walk to the beachmini martgames roombreakfast buffethotel restaurantstayed here for nightsfew minutes walkcleaned dailyfantastic staysea viewtuk tukbars and restaurantspool bar
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had read the mixed reviews before arrival but was still disappointed in this hotel. On arrival we were taken to rooms on the third level. To get to the room you had to walk down a passage that had the outside units from air-conditioning of the rooms above which created both noise and heat, which hit you in the face. As the bathroom windows did not have glass, but did have a flywire screen in the window the rooms were very noisy. The views from the balcony were lovely but the room needed to be upgraded, it was very tired, but clean We asked to be moved which happened the next day. This room was on level 1. Basically the same, without the lovely view but also without the stairs (still had 50 stairs to get to the lobby). We had issues two days in a row with no hot water, not fixed when we left. Breakfast was good but you did have to pick your times or you had to queue. Plenty of variety both western and Thai but they could not cook bacon. Staff were helpful and pleasant. There are issues with people leaving towels on the lounges by the pool and also by guests playing games such as frisbee and volleyball in the pools, did not care who they splashed or inconvenienced. Easy walk to a lovely beach (this beach is dangerous with rips in monsoon season) and to Karon shops. I felt it was expensive but it was high season, might be better value in low season. I would only rate this hotel as 3 star (worst hotel of our trip.) Staff did their best but it does need a major upgrade (especially the air conditioners). Not sure what can be done about the stairs they are everywhere and it is not possible to avoid the stairs as about 100 steps up to the lift (if you can find it). Karon was much nicer and quieter than Patong. Expensive to get a taxi to Patong set price 400 bht lowest we got was 350 bht and prices of goods much more than Bangkok so at times we felt we were being overcharged because we were tourists.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank juss83
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Best Western is just about 5-7 minutes walk from Karon beach, which is beautiful - clear water and not too crowded. It's also hardly 10 minutes walking from all the restaurants and pubs at Pataka. I went there in February with my husband and we loved the hotel. The staff was very sweet and helpful (particularly the evening batch!) and even upgraded us to a better room.

The breakfast buffet was lavish and had enough vegetarian options as well. They have a coffee machine which is on the house for guests all day and I have to say, I loved their cafe mocha.

The only problem with the hotel is that it has a lot of steps so just be prepared for that. But it's a lovely property and for its price, it's great value for money.

Room Tip: I recommend the sea-facing rooms on the fourth floor. While the balcony is shared, it's huge so everyone has their own space. They have three pools (all very clean!) so if you get a pool facing room on the third floor, that should be great too.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShubhdaKhanna
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This hotel is one of the best of Karon, phuket hotels. It is very near to Ocean ( may be 100 - 200 meters ). rooms are big and very neat and clean too. balconies give the best view of Ocean. You can have the Sunset view by sitting in your balconies. I enjoyed this hotel. It peovide the best service for the money you spend here.

Room Tip: Choose room with balcony to experience Ocean as well as sunset view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank prateek29052013
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights, before moving off touring the islands. A great location only a 5 minute stroll through a local market to the main town. The staff and especially the porter were all very pleasant, the porter did a great job carrying our cases up all the steps to level 4. The steps are the main concern with this hotel as they are plentiful if above level 2. The pools, of which there are 3 were nice enough, unfortunately there is a habit of putting towels out, (during the night I think) to reserve sun beds, I practise I detest. It would not be so bad if these people actually got to the sun beds before lunch! Our room was very large and well appointed. The balcony was again huge with lovely views over the sea. A nice hotel, however get a room on the lower levels and set your alarm early to get a sunbed!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jez T
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed 21 Feb to 26 Feb. We had room 4214. The room had a king bed , flat screen tv, desk space, ample hanging and storage space. The in room safe will fit most laptops. The bathroom was large - a shower that had a hand held attached to rail and rain shower feature. Good water pressure all the time and hot water available all the time. Shampoo, body soap and conditioner are in large bottles - toothbrushes, razors, ear buds, soap bars and shower caps are provided. The towels are rough and ready but fine.

A large balcony with 2 chairs, table and a very useful towel rack for hanging swimwear and any extra towels you bring for beach use
There is an elevator it isn't well signed...find it...you will thank yourself. This hotel is totally unsuitable for anyone with mobility issues - way too many stairs in many different places.

The two lower pools and children's paddling pool are lovely and surrounded by ample loungers, small tables and umbrella's. The pool towels are accessible with a card issued at check in, available between 9am and 5pm. People do of course save loungers we met a couple on the way to breakfast at 6.30am doing this :) The breakfast is varied and ample - juices, cereals, toast, croissants, fresh donuts, salad bar, cheeses, cold meats, hot local dishes, boiled/fried eggs, omelets, bacon, sausages and fresh fruits - for whiners who bemoan the lack of choice I am astounded. Coffee and tea service was excellent - offered top ups every few minutes.

The staff were helpful, friendly and efficient - they really are stars who keep things moving. Now the bad part of my review. On our third day we ate at the buffet breakfast and at the poolside bar by 5 pm my husband had developed severe food poisoning symptoms by 9pm I had followed. This took both of us out of action until a day and a half later. We believe it was a seafood sih my husband ate and I sampled. The room service staff were kind in dealing with our room cleaning the following day. I had found a member of staff to advise as I couldn't possibly allow them to cleanup with forewarning (yes that's how bad it was!) they were extremely understanding and left our room smelling fragrant.

On the whole this hotel tries very hard to please its guests and succeeds! In my opinion it is 3 star working towards 3.5. The guest demographic is mostly Russian, Finnish and German.

We called ahead and requested a pickup at the airport this is 750bht which is paid by cash or credit card on arrival at the hotel. A minibus collects you and your party. it is 750 for the bus not the individual passengers - it seat 6 comfortably with room for lots of luggage.

The lobby area has two internet connected pcs, free coffee drinks as well as free books left behind by other people. There is a guy to help you book trips, we didn't use this service.

There is a bellboy/bell captain service - our bags were taken and collected from our room.

The minimart is located in a corner of the 4th floor??? it was near to our room but bafflingly away from the sight and notice of the rest of the hotel. The billiards, ping pong, gym and childrens playroom were here too - all very underutilized as they are hidden from the world.

I liked this hotel and wanted to give a perfect review because they tried so hard. Despite the illness I would stay again.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are worth the extra bucks. Book your transportation through the hotel its less expensive and luxury compared to an ordinary taxi - roomy leather seated minibus.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple