Stayed here for couple of nights right after Songkran on our way back from Phi Phi Islands. I booked this place for couple of reasons. First, I wanted to see how the services would be of a US Chain hotel. I am expat here in Thailand from the US and I am simply puzzled with the so called “Service with a smile” of many big hotels here which at times seem more polite and meeky than necessary and where it matters the most – are in most cases nonexistent. Secondly, the price was decent for this size resort and for the location.
Upon arriving we experienced what we expected. Not overtly and unnecessarily polite yet courteous and hassle free check in. Room was big, nice and clean. We needed an extra bed which was thrown in for just few hundred bhats more. This I am sure is to cover the free breakfast cost for the extra person more than anything which was included with the room. Had lunch at the hotel. Food was actually cheap here compared to super pricey Phuket and yet good tasting and fresh. Hotel has three decent size pools as advertised. All were in decent shape. When we order cocktail and food by the pool we were thinking we would be robbed blind. Yet again it was less than $10 per person. Breakfast is fantastic for paying bare $50 a night. Best hash browns I have tested in Thailand (let alone finding one in breakfast menu). And it is offered until 11 AM, I am sure keeping in mind that people on vacation may party late. That was a big plus.
The room’s A/C was not working for both nights and yet I am here to tell you I had a decent stay. Here’s why. Mechanical things eventually/occasionally break down even in a good hotels with best of intentions and if it is not me, someone else would have experienced it. But low and behold in this case it had to be us when the A/C decided to stop working. But it is what was done that warrants a positive review. They immediately send a guy to fix it. He tried his best but couldn’t They offered to change us the room. But since it was late at night we didn’t want to pack up and move. They brought us two large table fans which worked just fine. We didn’t change the rooms for next night either but they were apologetic and did offer to change the rooms repeatedly. They fixed the ride for US to the airport which was again very reasonably priced (750 Bhatt for three of us in a Big Commuter Van for almost an hour long ride – without sharing it with others). The driver was very courteous and polite.
While they resort may not be ultra modern and glitzy as some of the other resort that have sprouted up along the shore, but you can be assured of decent prices and no non-sense oriented straight forward service. I would go and stay here again.
If you some negative feedback here, keep in mind that it’s a big place. Somewhere, somehow human errors are bound to happen and make few of them bitter. All in all not a bad place at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort is one of the best-valued vacation resorts in Phuket. The resort is situated at Karon beach on the hillside among the coconut groves overlooking Karon beach and Karon lagoon. We offer luxurious accommodations amid a lavish setting. You will truly enjoy seeing the sunset beyond Karon lagoon and walking along the beautiful fine sand beach of Karon beach. Resign yourself to the comfort of an exclusively appointed hillside resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Hotel Karon
- Best Western Karon
- Karon Best Western
- Phuket Best Western
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort Karon