“Ignore the negative reviews!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kata Day Spa

Kata Day Spa
Ranked #11 of 41 Spas & Wellness in Karon
More attraction details
Owner description: KATA DAY SPA, Phuket is blessed with professional trained staff, all committed to making your experience unforgettable. Our qualified staff are fully certified and educated from PHUKET TRADITIONAL THAI MASSAGE SCHOOL. You will feel satisfied to expect and it is reasonable price.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Ignore the negative reviews!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I've had massages all over the world so I can safely say these people know what they are doing. My wife and I have had massages, a body wrap, body and foot scrubs on numerous visits here and all were very good or excellent.
Staff are courteous, well trained (check the certificates on the shelves) and always use new towels and instruments, unlike Oriental Massage down the road.
Four things to note:
1) Ignore directions elsewhere, including the website. You will find it at the rear of an open-air plaza behind Wine Connection and Coffee Club running off Kata Road not far past Taina Road.
2) Book ahead as it's a small operation and can get busy.
3) Ask for Wan Wan (pronounced one one) or Mimi

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Value For Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife used the spa twice during our stay and the value for money is great. Private treatment rooms and plenty of choice.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank James H
canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Disappointing and painful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had read all of the postings for this spa on trip advisor, so as part of my goal for a spa vacation this place was supposed to be the highlight of my trip.
In the end I felt like I could've given it a miss.
First of all when I tried to call to make an appointment, I couldn't get a hold of anyone despite it being opening hours.
I found the spa as everyone had said, after some time. Even the taxi driver had to call them several times, before they picked up just to get directions.
When I got there, I opted for Adam and Eve treatment, with a facial treatment package.
The masseuse was not that great. For the body scrub she was rough and scrubbed me as if she was in a race. She would pour the cold scrub right on my skin without warming it up in her hands, so I couldn't relax the whole time, as I had to brace myself for the cold. I told her several times that the scrub was too cold and had to ask her to be more soft with the scrub, but she still continued to scrub me like a pot.
So for the massage part of the treatment, I had to actually say that I wanted it very very soft and gentle. That was okay, but she used too much oil, so I had to wipe myself off with the cloth.
After the treatment was the facial. That went okay. But in the end I felt disappointed with the experience. I didn't feel relaxed nor did I feel like it was the best spa in Phuket or Kata.
The front staff were oblivious and not really interested, they mostly sat outside playing with their phones. The masseuse did everything herself from setting up to cleaning up and even providing drinks while the other two barely looked up from their phones.
I had read that the place books up fast, but not a single other client was there the entire 4 hours that I was in the spa.
I don't know if the spa was under new management or just a low season lull with inexperienced staff, but the lack of technique in spa know-how was obvious.
I would not recommend this place. For all the money and effort to find this place, I would say that the spa at my hotel was 100 times better.

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never wished for a massage session to end”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

we went there after reading very good reviews from trip advisor..however, the experience we had differs completely from the good reviews we've read..we did the back and head massage..we were turned off the moment the massuese splat oil on our body. yes. SPLAT...the massuese were really rough..i thought i was the unlucky one to have a terrible massuese..but my friend experienced the same thing! We did asked them to be more gentle but there was no improvement at all..this is the first time in my life that i wished for massage session to end fast!

1 Thank Yuai
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I love to go to spa. But a bit frustrated because when i was here, me and my husband had very limited time to spent here. So we just managed to try their Thai massage only. It will be so much fund if we can try the full package other than massage only.

Great service! Very clean place. They did provide cold towel and welcome drink as refresher. And after finish they did provide tea and snacks before we go.

Location-not so easy to find but it is near to the Starbucks and the Kata town

Visited September 2012