“Worn-down - but OK”
Review of Noi Karon Hostel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Karon
Noi Karon Hostel
Ranked #126 of 148 Karon B&B and Inns
Stockholm, Sweden
“Worn-down - but OK”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This place is in the middle of where everything is happening in Karon. The staff tried to be helpful.
The property needs renovating, especially the bathrooms. The price was low, hard to complain for that but I did rent a room in another hotel because I couldn't stand the smell from the bathroom.

The water smell is not unique to this hotel, it's common in Thailand and I wish people would include the water quality in their reviews.

Room Tip: There are many stairs. Also, the bed broke... and if you are a couple, make sure they give you 1 bed...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank C0CKR0ACH

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I am an uber budget traveller with very low standards for lodging. I booked two nights at this hostel through agoda.com and they were nice enough to refund me despite their no cancellation slash refund policy (great company). I didn't end up staying at noi karon because the single room with a fan was the tiniest closet room ever with the wall paper and paint covered in mold. No windows, and a bathroom that I wouldn't have wanted to take my shoes off in. It was so stuffy and claustrophobic in there that I wouldn't have stayed if I had been paid. I can't speak for their air conditioned rooms or the rooms that supposedly have windows. I will say though that the woman at the front didn't make me feel bad and was very nice and assured me that agoda would refund me (as if she was used to dealing with that). Location is great, I ended up staying at the just slightly better hostel next door. It's a way loud neighborhood, join them or bring good earplugs and some ambient.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank AlpineMama

Travelers are raving about these Karon hotels