“A Gem!”

Aussie Joy Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Karon
Aussie Joy Guesthouse
Ranked #72 of 148 Karon B&B and Inns
“A Gem!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

A gem find in Phuket. Joy is a genuine woman with vast travelling experience where she shared with you. You check-in as a tourist, you stayed as a friend and finally became part of the family. Friendly atmosphere where Joy, her staffs and the other guests mingled around with ease.
Thank you Joy for making our stay with you one experience we will cherish always!
Big hugs,
Rahmen & Jan

• Stayed December 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Aussie Joy's is a wonderful place operated by an incredible women. Joy is a real person who treats all her guests like family. This small, very clean guesthouse is an excellent value for your money and is located just minutes away from the beach. During my stay I took cooking classes, various day trips all around the island and was lucky enough to join in a few group dinners with people from all around the world.

In addition to all the personal service, Joy and her staff were very helpful in booking trips, obtaining visa extensions, suggesting the best places to shop, dine and visit as well as how not to get cheated or ripped off. Joy speaks Thai, English and Swedish which is a great help in a country where very little English is spoken.

p.s. My stay was so enjoyable I already booked my trip for next season Since there are only four rooms available at any given time I suggest you book as early as possible and I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Book early since the four available rooms fill up quickly.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank HJM10014
Steamboat Springs, CO
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Aussie Joy is a real person, and it's her guesthouse. The location is in the heart of Karon Beach, just a short 5-minute walk to the beach. Stayed there for 8 nights, after moving away from Patong because it was just too much. Joy speaks English, Thai and Swedish, and taught me how to make spring rolls (didn't charge me) and told me about all the local attractions and what to pay, and how to avoid getting ripped off. She is a real Joy (pun intended) and you can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank otis1978
Melbourne
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Amazing!!!! Joy (owner) is an extremely friendly, well travelled, honest and outgoing person. I had the privilledge of meeting Joy in April 2012. During which time i met her clients that were staying with her and found myself and my family booking all our tours from Joy and any help i needed, Joy was all too happy to help.
The tours were cheap and included EVERYTHING. I spoke to her clients (became good friends) and they advised me that they were paying 1/4 of what i paid to to be in a 3 star hotel. They described Joy's service as flawless - Joy would cook breakfast for them, drive them to parts of Phuket that is not seen by the general public and able to offer a more exclusive/authentic thai experience. Joy also operates a bar she owner in Karon, great place to wind down after a hard day of shopping or touring.
myself and my family will be back and will be staying with Joy, i just hope she is not booked out :)
I highly recommend Aussie Joy's Tour/Guesthouse
P.S Joy also speaks great english as thoughout her many travels lived in Australia, extremely knowledgeable and genuine.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank scott l
Luleå
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We hadn´t booked any accomodation in advance, so we just walked around in
Karon to find a place to stay at. We saw the owner outside the guesthose and asked if she had any room free.
She showed us a room with a view over the busiest barstreet. We liked it and accepted it.
Two nights to start with.
The room was very cosy, everything is in green. Aircondition, TV, fridge and a fine bathroom
are the facilities.The noice from the street gave us no problem to sleep. No mosquitos was very important too.
The owner speaks both English and Swedish and is were kind. Everything is possible for her.
We felt like coming home every day after being at the beach, so we decided to stay all our
holiday.
We recommend this place very strongly.
Birgitta o Dick Luleå Sweden

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Birgitta L
växjö
Reviewed March 31, 2012

The owner speaks thai,english and swedish and she is the sweetest. She takes so good care of you and makes your stay perfect!
I strongly recommend this guesthouse!

Linda Sandberg
Sweden

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank linda s
Homer, Alaska
Reviewed March 30, 2012

English, Swedish, and Thai speaking owner provides clean, safe, accommodations and family atmosphere near all of the best that Karon Beach has to offer. Owner and staff is friendly and customer service minded. I loved my room and also the downstairs recreation area that proved to be a nice break from the night life and a place to chill. I especially enjoyed the extra downstairs shower that I could rinse of after a day at the beach which was only a few blocks away. I will be returning for another stay on my next trip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo