We stayed for the last 4 nights of our Phuket holiday. We were advised to stay away from Patong and was recommended Karon beach instead. Phunawa Resort was ideal for us, 2 nice big bedrooms, kitchen, lounge area and 2 big bathrooms. Please note that for those with older children that the second bedroom is advertised as 2 single beds, this is actually 2 single beds in a Queen size bed frame, so altho there are 2 beds with separate sheeting...they are actually pushed close together with no separating possible.
The breakfast was nice with lots of variety in Asian and Western theme. You can get an omelette made to order.
The pool was in 2 sections, shallow and deep. This was in the process of getting cleaned (we think) as it got shallower and shallower every day till it was almost too shallow for our 5yo to swim in. Otherwise, the kids loved the pool. The walk to the beach was about 10 minutes with 2 kids, to the shops was about 15-20 minutes. If you walk to the shops then keep on walking all the way to the end of the street (about half an hour) there is a market on every evening with a huge variety of food, including friend insects!, and desserts all at very cheap prices. The clothing was also a lot cheaper at this market than in Patong.
The hotel shuttle left for the beach at 10am, 11 and 12 and made a return trip at 3pm if you wanted to wait instead of walking home.
The bad side: The night staff would congregate at midnight at the back of our room and be extremely loud, yelling and laughing for at least half an hour. This was so not good when you have kids or need to get up early to catch a tour or the plane. I suggest management need to stop this as it ruined an otherwise perfect score.
Overall we were very happy with Phunawa Resort and would stay there again if we ever return to Phuket. Just maybe ask for a room that doesn't face the back of the resort..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'Phunawa All Suites Resort' is your best choice for deluxe accommodation with space and comfort at Karon Beach for the simple reason that 'ALL' our rooms are 'SUITES' built in a tranquil environment with a huge pool. Every suite guarantees lots of space, excellent comfort and elegance through luxurious and timeless design using tropical hard-wood. 'Your' resort is just a few minutes by foot from famous Karon Beach and is truly a perfect place for all sun-seekers, couples, families, honeymooners and also romantic couples who expect privacy, luxury and pampering! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Phunawa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dewa Karon Beach Phuket Hotel Karon
- Phunawa Resort Phuket/Karon