We arrived late and the staff were willing and waited for us to arrive. The room is magnificent and was upgraded (free of charge) to a Penthouse as we stayed for 7 nights with a break in the middle at Phi Phi Island. There is a kitchen, large lounge, bedroom and huge bathroom. very modern. This resort has outstanding service. We had no bad experiences and nothing was stolen. We did use the in room safe though for our valuables. The distance to town and beach is a 15 min walk so we hired a scooter. If you have had some experience on a bike, just rent one and don't worry, it's safe. 150 Bt per day is cheaper than 1 taxi ride to Patong. The place we rented one is where I would go. Follow these directions. When you go down to Karon Beach you will see a large roundabout. Veer perpendicular to the beach so you go up the main street.... restaurants, bars, ATMs etc. The street to take is the 3rd street left. You will know which street it is as there are a few motorbike rentals on the left when you go down this street. Also there is a white dog lounging around on the corner next to a lady and a bbq selling food. Go to the last bike vendor on the left as it has a massage for part of their business. You won't need to leave your passport with them for security. Just have a photocopy of it. (you can get one on the main street at the Kodak shop on the main street, 2 Bt). It's next to the Gun Bar (Girly Bar). The bikes all have numbers painted on the front of them. Look for J22. That's the bike we had, 135cc and its zippy, good tread and comfy. The other bikes need some service. The good part here is that the deposit is only 600 Bt. All the other bike vendors want over 1000 and one shop wanted 5000 Bt. Back to the resort. This resort is new! and they are continually maintaining it. The breakfast buffet was extensive and the chef lady is amazing. You will recognise her as she has captivating eyes. There are some reports of the water recycling plant next door and the noise/smell. Don't stress as its not noisy and only a faint smell if the wind is blowing the wrong direction. It's at the back of the resort. I parked the bike right outside the stairs to our room. The pool is nice and most people swim in the lower one with the waterfalls. There are a couple of balls to play with there too. The only comment I would make is that the kitchen could have a few more additions, like a dish cloth, tea towel and some more pans for cooking etc. The gas was also hard to switch and gave up (used the electric instead). Plus the spa button didn't work but I didn't investigate that properly. So in all it gets a top rating from me. And trust me I have been to over 35 countries and many countless returns so don't miss this resort. It is a beauty. if you need help when there see, See (yes that's his name) PS. Don't eat at the restaurant next to the bike rental place. We did and got sick from BAD TUNA at the end of our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'Phunawa All Suites Resort' is your best choice for deluxe accommodation with space and comfort at Karon Beach for the simple reason that 'ALL' our rooms are 'SUITES' built in a tranquil environment with a huge pool. Every suite guarantees lots of space, excellent comfort and elegance through luxurious and timeless design using tropical hard-wood. 'Your' resort is just a few minutes by foot from famous Karon Beach and is truly a perfect place for all sun-seekers, couples, families, honeymooners and also romantic couples who expect privacy, luxury and pampering! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Phunawa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dewa Karon Beach Phuket Hotel Karon
- Phunawa Resort Phuket/Karon