Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$39
View deal
Priceline$46
eDreams$39
Agoda.com$46
Trip.com$44
Travelocity
All reviews rooftop pool karon beach air con star hotel phi phi tea and coffee big buddha welcome drink phuket sunbeds
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had an exceptional pleasure of enjoying 6days days at grand sunset hotel in phuket.we were embraced and pleased by the warm hospitality and the charming atmosphere.
The location itself was perfect,there is a shopping area very next to the hotel with some resturants and most importantly the Karon beach was just couple of hundred meters away.but with all these things what made everything special to us was very very frendly staff..great!!
However Memories are the true treasure in a world of hustle and bustle - for that the Hotel Grand Sunset was our treasure island.
so We recommend to everyone that we talk to about our trip and it is certainly our intention to return again as soon as we can.
GOOD LUCK GUYS !!!! CHECKOUT THE PICTURES BELOW.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank sahan g
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here with my family in August. The location is perfect - beach is across the road, close to restaurants, shops and massage but positioned at the end of a long driveway so you dont get any street noise. All the staff very friendly helpful and professional (especailly Pladao at reception). Our suite was very clean and looked exactly as the picture shows on the website. Two points to make for people looking into this hotel..... The bathroom (in the suite) is accessible from 2 sides with no locks on the doors and the doors are made of glass .... perhaps not a comfortable set up for some people. Secondly, the tiles around the roof top pool have no grip and are SUPER SLIPPERY when wet ... So be careful!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Well appointed and modern rooms with a lot of light and good facilities.
The front desk staff is excellent, very serviceminded and very sweet.

The location is quite good, a couple of hundred metres from Karon beach. Karon beach was a disappointment at such, though.

Swimming pool at the rooftop. It rained the three days I stayed in this hotel, so I did not get the opportunity to really check out the facilities in the swimming pool area.

Room tip: Book a Grand deluxe room. You will then get a separate living room.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I and a travelling companion arrived in the middle of a hot September day hoping this was the right hotel for us after looking at two other hotels. The location was perfect, the beach was 200m from the front door. The hotel is realtively new (not more than 5 years old I estimate)

The welcome received was very bright and the staff were very engaging. We asked for room with two single beds and they gave us a price of 1,400 Baht per night. After we accepted they politely asked if we would like an upgrade to a suite with two bedrooms ... at no extra cost. We very quickly accepted.

The hotel was clean and fresh. The two bedroom suite was enormous with king size beds, and a separate living room.

The pool on the roof is spectacular at night and is a great view.

We had a few problems with air conditioning which they attended to quickly and then later with the hot water.

Free wifi and 3 laptops available for use. A modest breakfast is included.

Should I return to Karon Beach I would stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank aussieAl_61
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Nice staff & clean rooms; I wish I could add to the list of pros, however, the cons are small rooms, average location and poor breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to people on budget … I stayed there cause I was referred to by a couple of travelers.

• Trip type: Traveled solo