Our first time in Phuket. We stayed in Grand Sunset Hotel for 5 nights. (30th June - 5th July 2012). Greeted warmly and served with a welcome drink upon arrival. Reserved for a deluxe room but surprisingly they upgraded us to Grand Deluxe room at no extra charge. One of the staff, Pladao, took our luggage and sent us to our room. Room is nice, comes with a balcony & separate living room. Its not very big but its spacious for two person and cozy. The air-con is working great. We do not need to wait long for the room to be cool. Great rain shower in the bathroom.
Staffs are all very helpful & friendly & TRUSTING. To ensure communications and instructions given to the tour agencies for our island and land tour are very clear, the staffs from Grand Sunset made all the calls for us. Pladao made most of e calls for us.
They have a permanent night staff, Jauhari. He's able to converse well in Malay as well so I reckon it will be very convenient for guests who are more comfortable to converse in malay.
Jauhari has also been very helpful. One of e night we were unable to sleep, we called him and asked if the tv in our room installed with DVD player. He said it is not but we can get the DVD player from the reception at same time we could choose which movie we want to watch from the rack. They have quite a number of movies there.
If you feel like staying indoor, you may want to hang around at the hotel lobby as they have a nice seating area. You may also play some board games or do your reading. Or perhaps, have a great time at the pool located on the rooftop. Nice sunset view. Spectacular.
May also consider going for massage at Normala or dine in at the restaurants, all located just few doors away from the hotel. There's Subway restaurant, tailors, tour agencies and mini-marts nearby as well.
To rent a bike?? Its just located on the next street. 3mins walk. The beach is about 5-7 minutes walk. The laundry service from the shop nearby is 45baht per kg. Located just opposite the bike rental shop.
We feels that this hotel charter to our every needs.
- Rooftop pool
- Nice sea view of Karon beach from the pool
- Nice sunset view
- Near to the beach (Karon beach)
- Near to massage place (you may also do your mani-pedicure/waxing/hair braiding etc)
- Near to eateries/mini-marts/Movenpicks/Other high-end restaurants/Subway/money-changer
- Nice & clean room
- Rain shower in bathroom
- DVD player and movies
- Free wifi
- Great friendly service from staffs (Very service-oriented)
- Very kind and helpful staffs
- Very convenient location
- Only 10mins to Patong beach (Via taxi) 300 baht
- They serves nice buffet breakfast as well
Special thanks to Pladao and Jauhari.
Pladao, thanks for making the birthday surprise for my wife worked.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Sunset Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Hotel Phuket/Karon