“Cute little place, good food!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bai Toey

Bai Toey
Ranked #44 of 355 Restaurants in Karon
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Cute little place, good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Came here for a pleasant lunch after visiting Big Buddha & Karon view point on the way back to our resort. It's inside the Old Phuket village, we almost couldn't find it because Google Maps was locating a wrong address, but I spotted the sign on the road just when we were going to give up!

It was empty when we got there around 1pm, I guess everyone was at the beach soaking up the sun. So we started off with refreshments, my boyfriend had the pineapple shake & I had the watermelon - both were delicious. I ordered the prawn panang curry which came with a cute bear-shaped rice plate, all rice served to me now will never be as good!! My boyfriend went for the chicken pad thai, which was okay but not the greatest I've tried.. My boyfriend loved it though!

Glad we got to find this place for lunch!

Visited April 2014

• Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 7 and wait staff quickly put together a table for us.
The beers and spirits were icy cold and went done very well.
The meals varied from soup to curries and we all enjoyed each and every plate.
The only negative was that the wait staff could have been a little more attentive.
There was good ambience and atmosphere.
The facilities were clean and tidy too.
A very pleasant experience.

1 Thank Mork001
“Lovely place & food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We found this place in the Lonely Planets Thailand guide. We chose to eat here as having 3 children age 11,9 & 4 we needed a range of cuisines so they'd all be happy. The youngest is not that adventurous with food so if it looks like a pizza, sausage or spaghetti he's happy. The Thai food was lovely. We ate there twice and thoroughly enjoyed both meals. The set specials one of which we had was Green Curry and rice, and stir fried vegetables in Oyster sauce for 199 BHT so very good value. The fruit shakes on the menu were lovely they had milkshakes and shakes, the shakes were more like slush puppies but not full of sugar & additives. Both us and our elder 2 children ate Thai both nights and really enjoyed the experience. The atmosphere is that of a homely hip upmarket cafe with visitors over the years having written messages on the walls & shutters. This all added to a relaxed enjoyable evening.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Otbarbs
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Food and drinks were not so good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Terrible house wine and warm, we just couldn't drink it. I ordered shrimps with noodles and the shrimps were rigid maybe not fresh enough or not boiled enough. Also the vegetables that came with the noodles were not boiled enough.
Worst place we ate in Phuket and unfortunately it was our last night there.

1 Thank MirelaTraveling
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst meal in Thailand!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

This is the worst meal we've had since the beginning of our holiday in Thailand (this being the last of the 10 days trip). It all started with a sour hot red house wine - undrinkable. People at the next tables also complained about the white wine. Chicken satay - I've eat better. Shrimps? - not boiled enough, while the veggies were TOO 'al dente'. I can't give them a good mark only for the bear form rice. Don't recommend!

1 Thank Rares B