“Fantastic Family Diving Experience.”
Review of Sharkey Scuba

Sharkey Scuba
Ranked #2 of 29 Tours in Karon
More attraction details
Owner description: Sharkey Scuba is a 100% legal PADI dive center in Karon, Phuket. We are complete diving fanatics as our guests will testify! Started in 2002, the owners, Oui and Iain alone, have been teaching and guiding in Phuket for 30 years between us. We were the first company in Phuket to exclusively offer private scuba diving courses from complete beginner to professional level. We also arrange day trips and Thailand liveaboards. Every guest is very important to us which is why we offer a highly personalised service including hotel visits and after dive events. Wherever you are staying in Phuket we can help with free transfers for dive trips from all of the following towns: Karon, Patong, Kata, Kamala and Chalong. Dive courses, day trips, Similans liveaboards - just ask and we will help.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We recently completed a 3 day intensive Open Water Diving and Junior Open Water Diving course with Iain and Oui at Sharkey Scuba. We were taken through our training and skill acquisition both in the pool and in open water. Both Iain and Oui are highly effective teachers, able to relate easily to both adults and children. It's not always easy to maintain motivation throughout an intensive programme, particularly with 2 teenage boys more interested in the practicalities of diving than the academics of it! However, this they did brilliantly, striking the perfect balance between instructor and fellow underwater explorer.
The dive sites were fantastic and we got to see an amazing array of marine life, including giant trigger fish, barracuda, moorish idols and even a turtle. Thanks to the professionalism and patience of both Iain and Oui, we left Thailand with our certification and we are already planning our return and further diving. I have no hesitation in recommending Sharkey's to anyone thinking of beginning or furthering their diving experience. Thanks guys, we will be back!

1  Thank hkjlb
Kanniga P, Owner at Sharkey Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Both Iain and I had a great time teaching you all and showing you our favourite place - underwater:). It's always great to see families diving together. It seems to be the best time for parents and teenagers to get along and communicate together! Do please come and visit again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just completed my PADI Scuba Diving Refresher Course with Sharkey. I was very impressed with the attention to detail regarding my Scuba Skills & Health and Safety in General. With Personal Instruction form the CEO - Iain, my knowledge was reviewed with a Q&A session followed by close observation of my practical skills, all above water before jumping in at Racha Yai ! With a little correction of my breathing technique, I soon got back into the swing of things and had two wonderfully relaxing dives. My equipment stowage procedures were also thoroughly revised. All transport connections arrived on time, my equipment was already on the boat waiting for me, including the only mask at Sharkey that fits me! Suitably impressed I will now stay with Sharkey to attain my Nitrox, Rescue Diver and Master Diver Qualifications! Its gonna be a good month !

1  Thank Duncan T

Thank you so much for another lovely review, It was great to see you back visiting us again and enjoying even more diving experiences. It was a real pleasure for us to see such a great improvement in your skills in such a short period of time and we certainly look forward to helping you progress further with your diving in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Primary i choosed Sharkey Scuba because of Oui knows fluent swedish and its nothing i regret. She´s a superb trainer with loads of experience. I had never dived before and i did both Open Water and Advance Open Water in one week plus one extra day with 3 dives and i just wish i did this 10 years ago. I had alots of fun and Oui and Iain and two very nice persons. I do recommend to find them if you plan go diving in Phuket, either if you go for courses of just a day-trip diving.

1  Thank Marcus L

Thank you so much for your very kind review. It was really fun to teach you to dive and see the joy you experienced. It is always great when students take both their Open Water and Advanced courses together as it really enables us to help them progress to a very high level of diving skills within a very short period of time. We very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We learnt to Dive with Sharkey and spent many a holiday diving with them. Great Family company who run a professional and fun operation. Seen many of a dive company over the years and you won't get any better than the team at Sharkey.

1  Thank T123R

Thank you so much for your lovely review. Every visit is a pleasure and always a lot of fun! Iain and I cannot wait for your next visit too!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My name "H" Im a rescue diver can I help!!?? LOL

Hey guys,just wanna say these guys are amazballs!!!Great diving,fun, professional and most of all safe, great trip out on the boat with Oui and pool skills and theory with Iain. Sorry its taken me so long to write a review, in Australia now doing my Dive Master course, thanks once again for the rescue course and EFR course. Great company to dive with all

Big love

"H"

1  Thank HWilliams4

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a real pleasure not only to dive with you but to meet your partner and get to know you both over a couple of dinners. We are glad you enjoyed your training and really wish you the best of success in your new diving career. We hope that you will find time at some point to come back and visit again:).