“Superb day diving, very friendly and professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sharkey Scuba

Sharkey Scuba
Ranked #2 of 26 Tours in Karon
More attraction details
Owner description: Sharkey Scuba is a 100% legal PADI dive center in Karon, Phuket. We are complete diving fanatics as our guests will testify! Started in 2002, the owners, Oui and Iain alone, have been teaching and guiding in Phuket for over 20 years between us. We were the first company in Phuket to exclusively offer private scuba diving courses from complete beginner to professional level. We also arrange day trips and Thailand liveaboards. Every guest is very important to us which is why we offer a highly personalised service including hotel visits and after dive events. Wherever you are staying in Phuket we can help with free transfers for dive trips from all of the following towns: Karon, Patong, Kata, Kamala and Chalong. Dive courses, day trips, Similans liveaboards - just ask and we will help.
Kent, United Kingdom
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Superb day diving, very friendly and professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I contacted Sharkey via email prior to arrival in Thailand and Iain replied very promptly and in great detail about our best options for a diving/snorkeling trip. Iain met us in our hotel in Kata and again explained about the trips and the best sites. My husband and I wanted to dive whilst our children would snorkel so Iain arranged for his wife Oui to be a snorkel guide and supervise our children, we opted for the Racha Yai/Noi trip. We were picked up promptly on the day of the trip and taken to the harbour where Iain met us, there was a thorough briefing on the boat and we set off. The dive sites were amazing and Iain was a great guide, avoiding the crowds and pointing out an array of marine life. Oui also pointed out so many fish to our 8 year old during their snorkeling. Later that evening, Iain very kindly dropped off an aloe vera plant (from his own garden) to treat sunburn (acquired the day before at the beach), he also invited us to dinner at his local restaurant with his family. It was a lovely evening with great company. Sharkey fully deserves 5 out of 5 if not more, thanks Iain and Oui look forward to seeing you again!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank LisaExpat
Kanniga P, Owner at Sharkey Scuba, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a real pleasure to not only take you diving but to get to meet your family too.The diving and snorkelling were awesome with excellent visibility that day. It is also such a small world as we realised when it turned out that your husband is from the same village in England as Iain's father! We do hope that you come back to visit again soon and maybe next time we can get the youngsters underwater too:).

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Killeen, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was my first experience with traveling to Thailand and my first diving experience. I contacted Sharkey and Iain was incredibly friendly and helpful in answering all of my questions and getting my trip organized. I couldn't have made this trip without all the help he provided! Oui was my instructor for Scuba when we arrived to Thailand and I loved having her as a teacher! Oui and Iain are two of the kindest people I have ever met, and their enthusiasm for scuba diving and the ocean is contagious! I had such an incredible time diving with Oui! If you are thinking about doing any Scuba training in Thailand Sharkey is the only way to go!!!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank cdaws0n
Kanniga P, Owner at Sharkey Scuba, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so glad that you were able to find the time in your busy schedule to come and learn to dive with us. We are aware that many of our guests have very busy schedules so Iain tries his hardest to make everything as hassle free as possible. It is great that you enjoy your dives with us so much. We really enjoyed meeting up in the evening too and hope to get the opportunity to do so again sometime in the future. Keep in touch!
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

My experience with Sharkey Scuba was amazing, they are fun and very friendly people. The diving side was amazing, they know the waters like the back of their hand and know exactly where to find everything interesting. Thanks to Sharkey Scuba I experienced my best ever dive on the two day Phi Phi trip! I had so much fun and would definitely use Sharkey Scuba again!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank LiamMarsden17
Kanniga P, Owner at Sharkey Scuba, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a real pleasure to meet you, your friends and family and to get the opportunity to take you diving. We certainly did have some awesome dives and some great evenings too. Iain was particularly taken we you chose to sing to him outside the restaurant after dinner one evening. We certainly wish you luck in your musical career. Remember us when you are famous and come visit again soon:).
Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Diving and super time in Thailand.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Can only repeat what the the other reviewers said. We had a superb time in Thailand and the diving with Sharkey Scuba was the highlight for me.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Matt W
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful first scuba diving trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is our first scuba diving trip. We were a bit scare due it's our first time but we were so well taken care of. We had so much fun and will definitely go again with Sharkey.

Visited June 2012