“best experiance of my life!!”
Review of Sharkey Scuba

Sharkey Scuba
Ranked #3 of 28 Tours in Karon
More attraction details
Owner description: Sharkey Scuba is a 100% legal PADI dive center in Karon, Phuket. We are complete diving fanatics as our guests will testify! Started in 2002, the owners, Oui and Iain alone, have been teaching and guiding in Phuket for over 20 years between us. We were the first company in Phuket to exclusively offer private scuba diving courses from complete beginner to professional level. We also arrange day trips and Thailand liveaboards. Every guest is very important to us which is why we offer a highly personalised service including hotel visits and after dive events. Wherever you are staying in Phuket we can help with free transfers for dive trips from all of the following towns: Karon, Patong, Kata, Kamala and Chalong. Dive courses, day trips, Similans liveaboards - just ask and we will help.
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Sharkey Scuba, is the best diving company you could ask for! Iain and Oui provide a friendly service and a fabulous experiance! I have been out there diving with them twice now, and absolutly cant wait to get back out there in the water too try my luck again!
Thanks so much!!!!!

3  Thank craZylauren220
Kanniga P, Owner at Sharkey Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. There are not many jobs in life where you get to give someone the best experience of their life which is why we feel so privileged to be able to have that opportunity. Diving with you was a lot of fun and we are so glad that you finally got to see a turtle on your last dive of your latest trip. Do come and visit again as soon as you can.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

I met the Sharkey family in Aug. 2007 during my Open Water course and what an amazing couple! Now 4 years later I have finished my Rescue Diver course (with Sharkey) and over 100 dives. I have never seen or heard of any other company offering the type of 1 on 1 service you will get with them. From the patient instruction you get during courses to sitting around having a beer with Iain to discuss the days diving you really feel like you are with FAMILY! I would never even consider diving with anyone else while I was in Thailand.

2  Thank TexasReb

Thank you so much for your kind review. It has been a real privilege to teach and dive with you over the years. Iain and I feel very fortunate to be able to do a job we love and make many good friends at the same time. We know that it may be a while before you can come to visit again but we are glad to be able to keep in touch and hear your news. We wish you a speedy recovery from your health issues and hope to see you here diving with us again sometime soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

My family and I first visited Thailand in April of 2011. We wanted to earn our Scuba Diver certification while on holiday and found Sharkey Scuba to have what we were looking for; affordable, personalized instruction. After meeting Iain and Oui (and Abbie) we knew we’d made the right decision. My family and I enjoyed our pool training with Oui immensely since she really made the whole learning process so easy to grasp. And the small class size was a huge bonus. On our second day we headed out to the reef with Iain. Again, what a pleasant, low stress experience that was.

We felt so well cared for that we returned to Karon and Sharkey Scuba in June, 2011 to complete our PADI Open Water Certification. This time Oui was the one to take us to the dive site. Again we enjoyed the personal service and attention we had during our first visit to Sharkey Scuba.

Both Iain and Oui share a contagious passion and love for scuba. After getting our open water certification we had the great opportunity to share some Thai food with the Sharkey Scuba family. We heard tall scuba tales of whale sharks and other creatures they have seen over the years. It was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend taking the time to dine with the team if at all possible.

Thanks Sharkey Scuba!! You guys made our trip to Thailand an unforgettable experience.

2  Thank Lsquare116

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Iain and I both had a lot of fun taking you through your first diving experience. It was great that you enjoyed it so much that you came back again so quickly! Do keep in touch and come visit us again as soon as you can.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

We researched different dive companies in Phuket prior to our trip. At the time, Sharkey Scuba did not have even one review on Trip Advisor. We loved what we read on The Sharkey Scuba Web sight that we ran across while researching sharks. Wow, what a blessing that was. Iain and Oui were both involved in our scuba diver training. We are two middle aged women and a 12 year old. Our 12-year old wasn't sure if she was gonna do the whole course, but after just 30 minutes in the pool with Oui she decided that she would go ahead and dive in the ocean the following day.

Sharkey Scuba gave us private lessons at a fraction of the cost of what we researched online. They were very professional with a safety first approach. They truly have a passion for diving and it showed in their enthusiasm for passing that love for diving on to us. They were both professional and personable.

Thanks Sharkey!

2  Thank withthewind

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a real pleasure for us to teach you all to dive and to see the happiness that it brought to you. Your smiles underwater were fantastic:). Do keep in touch and we hope to see you back diving with us again some time again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2011

I had such an amazing time with Sharkey Scuba in Phuket! I travelled all the way from England to Thailand, based on an amazing review I got from a friend. They were not wrong. Sharkey Scuba organized everything for me, even down to pick up from and to the airport, hotel and tips on good places to eat nearby.
I am extremly gratefull for their amazing customer service. I had the time of my life, qualified as a PADI Open Water Diver. I would definaitly go back!
Thanks guys!
Kayleigh, England UK.

3  Thank Kayleigh026

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a real pleasure to meet and dive with you. It is great that we are able to stay in touch in Facebook and we certainly hope you do come back to visit some time in the future.