All reviewsamazing infinity poolsteep hillprivate jacuzzimin walkbalconyinternettuks
Reviewed December 30, 2014

Value for $ for a room with such cleanliness, facility and VIEW!!
Manage your expectation at breakfast spread. But who needs breakfast when there are so many other food haunts in Phuket :)
Fear not the altitude for there is a unique lift within hotel vicinity that ferry guests up the hill.
Got to get a room with the Jacuzzi.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Philip P
Reviewed October 24, 2014

Phunaka resort and spa is so cheap then the others hotel.i get the great sea view from my room.my room is complete with bathtub and outside you get big bathtub and you have an balcon so you can relax in the hotel at night.it's so excited

• Stayed: October 2014
3  Thank saantiikaaa
Reviewed October 20, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I found this hotel online the day before we arrived and stayed for three days. We wanted to be close enough to the Patong nightlife but also near a nice beach and quiet town with good restaurants. This hotel didn't disappoint, it was perfect :) it's only a 10 - 15 minute taxi to Patong and the hotel itself is on a hill which has the most spectacular views at night. We were right at the top of the hotel which was a bit if a climb to get to but so worth it as the view was lovely. The staff are really friendly and so helpful, nothing is too much trouble. We had a welcome drink on arrival and someone helped us with our bags to the room. We didn't use the pool but it looked great and the gym was good to use. We didn't eat at the restaurant but this looked clean and welcoming. The rooms are extremely spacious and clean. Overall a fantastic stay, I would highly recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2014
3  Thank katie3421
Reviewed October 17, 2014

I can't imagine a better guest-service experience than we got at this hotel.

The hotel itself is a bit unusual in location and design, and there's a small convenience price to pay for the fantastic view, but overall we would highly recommend this resort. It's beautiful, unique and well-staffed.

All of the staff was tremendously friendly and helpful (especially considering my large family can be a bit of a handful), but mad-props to Julius/July who went above and beyond the call of duty to keep my mom and sister rolling in the Bacardi and attending to our other needs. The manager and front desk staff also made a point of checking in with us on a regular basis and responding positively and pro-actively to feedback and requests.

Room Tip: Request a lower-tiered room if you plan on moving around a lot or have some trouble with stairs. The higher-tiered rooms have truly amazing views though.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jon P
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My friend Yang booked from 28/04-03/05 and booked 3 room. Before he booked room request in agoda need king size. We arrival around 02:00 am and the staff told us we have 2 king size room and 1 twin bed, but when we go to the room only 1 king size and 2 twin bed, I don't know why the staff not check room type first, but we understand for request not guarantee and is very late time and we offer today change to king size room. The staff said is ok, can go to reception in the morning to change and come back hotel to get key. Now the staff told us cannot change, if need change must talk with agoda, for agoda they not guarantee request and only have few agent they confirm request, Have another room type is available but must pay upgrade fee and for this booking room type have available time on 1st of May. My friend stay here 5 night and 3 room, only can give us king size one more room on 01/05 and stay 2 night will C/O. The staff not friendly and speak very strong, looks like very angry for our request( I told to staff by phone, but my friend infront them, he said staff looks like hate them and not take care them). My friend comes here for holiday with his family, but for this small request cannot help them and attitude is bad.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Weiling X
KaronPhunaka, Public Relations Manager at Karon Phunaka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Welling X.

Thank you very much for your review. It was forward to all departments in order to improve our service and to prevent such a disappointing for both sides misunderstanding in future.

It is truly sad that hotel was fully booked by the time of your visit and hotel staff could not provide you other room from the beginning of your stay, but never the less it is a standard service of ours to provide the bed type of your choice if it is available.

We must say that most possible those rooms that was promised to you in the evening was already booked in the afternoon since Reservation department receive booking information 24 hours a day.

Never the less we can always confirm your booking details and give you all of the information on rooms type available on the date of your stay if you contact our Reservation department via e-mail.

We would love to serve you once again and warmly welcome you back.

Best Regards, Management