“Woody” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wooddy Travel & Tour - Day Tours

Wooddy Travel & Tour - Day Tours
Ranked #19 of 26 Tours in Karon
More attraction details
Owner description: We are one of the experienced tour operators and travel agents here in Phuket.
Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Woody”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

While traveling through Thailand in late December, my partner and I had flight delays getting into Phuket. We wanted to see Phi Phi Island, James Bond Island and Similan Island. With the delays, we were forced to make a choice with our two day stay and only booked Phi Phi and Similan (through another company that we pre-booked.)

We were booked to leave to another country on the third day around 1 pm, but after we arrived back from Phi Phi the first night we wanted to see if there was any way possible to get to James Bond Island. If you ask any of the locals, they usually do not recommend going to James Bond Island as it has become a tourist trap and full of people, but since we were traveling from Los Angeles, we decided we had to see it while we were here.

We looked around for the next 24 hours to find a boat to take us, but it was either too expensive (40,000+ bhat) or completely booked as it is peak season. We contacted Woody and after getting our hopes up with a boat, he later called us back and said it didn't work out. We were pretty upset. However, about an hour later, he called us back and he found a privately owned boat that we could use to go to James Bond Island before our flight for a reasonable price.

However, that is not why I'm giving Woody an excellent rating. The reason why his service was so amazing is:

1) He booked a private van with a private driver to pick us up from the hotel, take our bags, take us to the pier and pick us up at the drop off point closest to the airport so we could make our flight.

2) Arranged a private speedboat (faster than the one we were looking to book) with a tour guide to take us from the pier and drop us off at the pier closest to the airport to meet our driver.

3) Arranged the morning tour of James Bond Island so we were the first ones to arrive, essentially have about an hour to have the island to ourselves.

Woody was a complete professional and took care of us. We also loved our tour guide "A"
You should definitely request him if available. "A" has a lot of patience, speaks great English and takes plenty of pictures for you.

Overall, Woody really made our Phuket stay much better than expected.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank KB24-TLN

APO AE
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Good value but customer service was ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We used them for hotel transfer and we got to hotel in great time. We also did 3 island tour but I think they contract this out through friednship cruises so not companies fault but they completely skipped a stop on our tour not going to cave or monkey beach. Which for us we were looking forward to. Once back in Phuket the driver dropped us off down the street as they didn't want to take us back to the hotel as they would have had to turn off main road. The driver on the way back too numerous back roads and it seemed as if we were lost as it took twice as much time to get back. I think he was avoiding toll roads which save time and costs money. Either way the transfer was smooth other than the issue of being told get out here blocks from hotel after a 10 hour tour with all our belongings.

Visited March 2013
bournemouth
3 attraction reviews
“Pi Pi island is a must”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

A couple hours Boat trip to this island why you are in Phuket is a must to recover from all the excesses of the holiday action associated with this area.

Visited January 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've been living in Thailand for 2 years now & have been lucky enough to have gone to Krabi and Similan Islands with Wooddy Travel & Tour. He's easy to communicate with when trying to find what you want & reliable. Great prices, nice accommodating staff, beautiful places, highly recommend booking with Wooddy.

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Outstanding service - great value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Everyone told me to book our tours once we got to Phuket but I was keen to sort things out before we went. I contacted a couple of different companies including Phuket Easy Tours. We decided to go with these guys because they seemed the cheapest, had good reviews on here and offered everything we wanted to do. I'm so glad we did.

When we arrived at our hotel another company pitched to us and not only were the tours not as good but they were far more expensive and unwilling to give much of a discount.
We did quite a few tours including one overnight one. The Jungle Zipwire was a real highlight - fantastic! I was a little worried that it could be a bit dangerous but I felt so safe at every stage. The staff were amazing. We also decided to do horse riding and I really would recommend it - mainly because of the scenery. The beach you go to is beyond beautiful and deserted.

Of course the test of a great company comes when something goes wrong. Our overnight tour didn't go exactly to plan. But the staff at Phuket Easy Tours went above and beyond to put things right and gave us a refund which was fantastic.

We plan to go back and will use Phuket Easy Tours again - I'm also recommending them to all our friends. I was truly impressed and they definitely helped to make our holiday special. They give great advice! Importantly they offer unbeatable value!

Visited November 2012