“Very good value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Karon
Karon Tropics Guesthouse
Ranked #83 of 148 Karon B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Very good value”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights during Christmas of 2011. We had a room with balcony with nice view on the street. The room and bathroom were very clean. A/C, fridge, safety deposit box and Wi-Fi included in the room. The guesthouse is centrally located, opposite of the Karon Temple, walking distance to the beach and bars/restaurants. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank glogowianka82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Poole, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2011

when i arrived to thailand i came straight to phuket and stayed here at karon tropics as it wasnt my first time that i stayed here, i already knew how great this place was. its located by all restaurants and other bars, a 5 min walk to the beach and is opposite a temple which they have 2 markets a week, good to find some bargains. i made close friends with the owner rocky, he is very helpful and can give you all advise and tips on what to see and where to visit around this island. the 2 girls 'duen and jenny' who work in the bar/restaurant are also very polite, always smiling. my room was always cleaned by the maid when i wanted it to be. i would recommend anyone visiting phuket to stay here. it was a sad moment to leave after staying for 6 weeks at this guesthouse, but i will defiantly stay here again on my next visit. thank you for everything.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Lance I
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I did a reservation at this guesthouse two months before arriving. The booking was confirmed and when I arrived after a long trip from Europe there were no more rooms. The owner said he had made a booking at another place which I did understand was at the same price. It turned out to be double the price and that came up when we checked-out. The owner did nothing to sort this out. Not a nice way to start a holiday in Thailand.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
KaronTropics, Owner at Karon Tropics Guesthouse, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
I appologize for the mistake. We had a chabge in staff at the time and one of our rooms ended up double booked. I do have an agreement with both guesthouses on each side of me that in cases like this we charge the original price. When I found out that that guesthouse had raised it prices I brought the manager of the other guesthouse to help you with your bags to change again. You were settled in a room and told me not to worry. When we talked the next day I asked if everything was OK you stated the room was fine but a not the same in price. I could not reach the owner but I have since taled to her. If you email me your email address I will send you the 6 dollars you were overcharged. Im sorry that this spoiled your holiday.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I arrived in Phuket after travelling and working in Australia for a year and wanted some time to relax before returning to Ireland.I had no set plan and I just found my way to Karon and set myself up in a hotel in the town. On my second night, I took myself for a walk towards the more quiet side of the town, where I spotted a shamrock on a sign, and like any good Irishman, I allowed myself to be exploited by the marketing strategy of the owner!!!!
This acceptance of a blatant play on my Irishness was the best decision that I made in my time in Thailand! I fell in with the owner, Rocky and another guest and the next night, I moved in after my stay in the hotel was up. Rocky was a great host, he was always up for a laugh and a night out and definatley had the charisma to carry off the big name! He was very willing to show me round the town and introduce me to others and I made some very good friends through him. Rocky also went out of his way to assist me in some of the more practial issues in Thailand, such as visas!

His staff were also great fun and extremely helpful The girls in the bar, Duen and Jenny were bright and bubbly. They also would help with any info that I needed and even tried to give me Thai lessons. They even accompanied me into Patong on my first night out there to act as bodyguards and make sure that no ladyboys tried to run away with me!! There was always a 'Good Morning' and a smile when I landed down, and a glass of water if I looked like I had came off the wrong side of the beer! The maid was also great, she knew that I wasn't the best at getting up and came back one evening to clean my room!! I was genuinely amazed at this act of kindness!

In terms of value for money, Karon Tropics was excellent, large rooms, fridge, TV and safe, private bathroom as well as free wifi, all that I needed. The bar downstairs was extemely well priced and comfortable. The claim for the best pizza in Karon... I tried 2 others and then Rocky's..... he wins hands down!The location of Karon Tropics is excellent as well. It is located opposite the Temple and is in a perfect location for the twice wekly market, as well as just for sitting and watching the day go by, which I often did for an hour or so. You will see something each day that will surprise you and make you laugh to no end!

My trip to Thailand was meant to have been for 3 weeks, one of which was in Phuket. The floods in Bangkok did change my plans slightly but not to the point where I put an extra 2 weeks on my ticket and stayed for a month in Karon. What changed that was my experiences and the fun I had in Karon and how welcome I felt in Karon Tropics. I had the time of my life there, when I left, I did so with a heavy heart, as not only was I on the homeward trek, but because I was leaving 3 new friends behind me. On the plus side, at least I know where I'll be staying when I return to Phuket! Thanks for the good times guys!

Room Tip: The only thing that I would add, and this depends on the character of the visitor... if you're l...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed at KT guesthouse for 3 nights. The rooms were very clean and well as the bathroom. Rooms are cleaned everyday and new towels are provided (love that)
We had a room with balcony to the street, but noise didn't bother us. The room has TV (some channels in English) safety box, aircon, free water bottles, and clean linens. The restroom had some toiletries. It is located walking distance to the beach, and restaurants. There is a convenient store across the street.
We were there during the low season so the restaurant was closed.
The owner Rocky was really nice and even offered to give us a ride when we left. This is a great value! I really recommended!

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank anettebc
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Great place, clean rooms, Air conditioned with balconies for those bird watchers. Excellent location and beer always cold. Excellent relations with fellow traders and businesses. Staying again for 2nd time in August 2011.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Karon Tropics provides an extremely relaxed "tropical" atmosphere where Rocky and his staff will make you feel more like family. Ideally located across from Karon Temple (Wat Suwan Kirikhet) and a very short walk to Karon Beach, one of the nicest ocean beaches in Phuket. Karon Tropics Guesthouse provides convenient access to all of the restaurants and bars in Karon and Kata, without being right in the middle of it. It is also only a short Tuk Tuk ride to the busier more "touristy" Patong Beach area where you go to shop during the day or hit the bigger clubs and bars at night. During the day, Karon Tropics is a great place to sit out front on the patio, read a book, have a drink, or just enjoy great conversation with the staff or other guests. At night it's a great place to have a drink, and play some pool while listening to great music and enjoying great company. Regardless, Rocky always makes sure that his guests are happy and having a good time. Rocky and the staff at Karon Tropics were also extremely helpful providing advice on everything from the best places to visit, and those to avoid, as well as how, when, and where to get the best deals and have a great time. My girlfriend and I had a phenomenal time at Karon Tropics and are already planning a return trip.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front have the best view, but can get a little noisy. If you need quiet, just ask f...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
KaronTropics, Owner at Karon Tropics Guesthouse, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thanks for the visit....hope to see you both soon!