“So great we booked again the next day!”
Review of Sub Aqua Dive Center - CLOSED

Sub Aqua Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Located directly on Karon Beach Road, as part of Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa complex. If you walk along the Beach Road, you will definitely find us with Thavorn Palm Beach Resort and Andaman Seaview on one side of us, and Woraburi Resort/ Movenpick on the other.Big Sub Aqua Dive Center logo!
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My fiancé and I were both new PADI certified divers, so when we decided to visit Phuket, Thailand we knew it would be best to go with a company that we felt comfortable with and Sub Aqua filled all our expectations.

From the moment we walked into the shop we were greeted by “I’m not from Australia” Kerrie and she made us feel at ease due to the shops cleanliness and her professionalism. Mark, an instructor for Sub Aqua was our dive master. Mark had a great attitude, personality and really knew his dive sites, the locals, types of fish…you name it. The first day was 2 dives and it was so good, we booked a second day (2 more dives) on the way back to the hotel. Mark was nice enough to juggle his previous appointments to take us out again the next day.

LOCATION: In a small shopping strip in front of the Hilton Phuket on Patak Road.

SERVICE: Kerrie and Mark made us feel very comfortable from the start and most of all, as tourists in a foreign country, we felt absolutely safe from the bus to the boat to being in and out of the water.

EXPECT: Short bus ride to the boat. Approx. 2 or 3 hour boat ride (depending on site). Nice large 2 decker boat with helpful crew. Mark sets up your tanks (awesome). Great lunches.

We highly recommend Sub Aqua for the experienced and non experienced diver! You won’t be disappointed! What more could you ask for, a great experience for a reasonable price, safe and comforting environment, an experienced professional showing you the greatest spots to dive, and an all around very cool experience. Next time we visit Phuket…we plan to go back to Sub Aqua!

We visited late March, 2012.

2  Thank Surgeon11

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We visited three or four dive centers in Phuket. Sub Aqua Dive Center was the most friendly, had a good offer and professional service and advice. We were picked up at the resort in Nai Harn :)
The staff (Kerry, Marc), as well as DivemasteR TED, is incredibly friendly and knowledgable.
On the boat was a good service and good food - especially pancakes :)

Our divemaster Ted was fantastic, we felt safe. Ted was professional, ensuring all safety rules are made ​​clear but also making sure you have a fun and relaxing dive. He answered all our questions, shared his experience and good advice. Thanks to Ted we had a great dive and learned a lot.
Sub Aqua is excellent company, We will definitely recommend to everyone.

Thanks Kerry, Marc and Ted We had a wonderful time!

Kind regards,
A & M

3  Thank holidayAM
Reviewed March 13, 2012

After endless insistence I gave up and still against my will I start looking for an open water diving course for may 11 years old son.
I email, I phoned, and I went personally to ask about every single detailed that came into my mind. Kerry and Marc were absolutely kind and patient to answer all my concerns before, during and after de course.
Service overall was great.
My special gratitude to Marc , who is an outstanding instructor.

1  Thank RSM1964
SADCPhuket, Manager at Sub Aqua Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Thank you for the review. I will make sure that Marc sees it too. If you are ever back in Phuket, we hope to see you again. Thanks again, Kerry.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I was looking to complete my Advanced PADI course when in Karon/ Kata and found these guys to be so helpful and professional, yet fun and friendly. They knew exactly what I needed and supported me with my reading materials as well as the help/ advice and teaching during the practical skills. They went over what I wanted to achieve from the course and gave me multiple options re my speciality dives, allowing me to change my mind several times before settling on the most appropriate for my needs.

The diving experience was so much fun, and completing a night dive off Kata Beach is definately something I would recommend. Completing any dive training should be fun, and I would highly reccomend using Sub Aqua for this exact reason.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I travelled all over the world diving and had many places with great service and even greater experience, but none compared to Sub Aqua. The moment you walk in you feel at home. They advise you on what to do, when to do it and can arrange virtually anything in diving, even if it is outside their core area.
Liveaboards in Similians? "No Problem".
One day diving in SImiliand with transfers and speedboats? "Sure, just tell us when you want to go."
Any specific boat you want for your dives? "No worries, we sort it out".
The staff (Kerry, Marc and Ann, as well as some divemasters like Ted, Joe and Juergen) is incredibly friendly and knowledgable.
Once you are in the water with them you know why they had so many positive reviews. The do not only limit the diver-to-divemaster ratio to a maximum of 4:1 (often less), they also make sure that they send their own divemasters on the boat.
Many shops, or dive operators just book you on the boat and then you get assigned to any free divemaster. That wont happen with SADC. You get specific divemasters and instructors from SADC and that makes diving so much more fun and a friendly feeling. Plus, if you already know what you want, they dtructure the diving around you and dont try to fit you in. In short: they are awesome!

SADCPhuket, Manager at Sub Aqua Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Alex, Thanks a lot for the review. Your Divemaster Course was a lot of fun. We hope to see you very soon to see you continue to Instructor level!
Best wishes,