“Best Thai Food in Karon Beach Area”
Review of Talay

Talay
Ranked #182 of 427 Restaurants in Karon
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We don't use 'best' lightly here. We happened upon this restaurant in an effort to dodge tailors. It's a little out of the way (in small shopping centre on the beach road going toward south Kata from Karon). Go down main alley next to a purple bank/ATM and it's next to massage place. It was our first restaurant in Karon and were so amazed by the cheap prices (at least compared to Australia!), we way over-ordered too much food.

Every single dish was fabulous. We eat a lot of Thai food all over the world, and this was hands down the best. We are nearing our end of our Phuket stay, and Talay is still our very favorite. Staff is very friendly and speak reasonable English. This is the authentic Thai food we heard so much about.... nothing fancy about restaurant but food is amazing.

We particularly like the red curry chicken, massaman chicken, pad thai, morning glory greens, tom kah kai soup, and iced tea with milk. And do not miss the mango sticky rice! Each dish is about 120 baht ($4 AUD). Even with two extra bottled waters and an appetizer, the total bill was $27 AUD! Fantastic food for an unbeatable price. Will try to squeeze in another visit before we leave.

Talay Restaurant at Luangphochuain Road/ Beach Road intersection, Karon‎. (FYI: They have free Wifi but I never could get it to connect.)

2  Thank Cynthia R

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We have eat here a lot, the food is wonderful, its a very friendly and welcoming place and as a guest you are treated like one of the family. There are pizzas if you want but if you want some great thai food this is a place to visit. The lobster and grilled fish is fab.

3  Thank MrsDoobs
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Unfortuntately we only discovered this restaurant on our last night in Karon, otherwise I'm sure we would have visited again. It is a small casual restaurant run by two sisters and their families, right opposite Karon Beach. Food was delicious and the menu was extensive. I had the whole fried fish with sweet and sour sauce which was wonderful.
The service was extremely good and they even had games such as Connect 4 and Jenga on hand for the younger kids to play after they'd finished eating.
Meals were extremely cheap and cocktails very nice also. Would not hesitate in recommending this restaurant and will certainly go there again next time we visit Karon.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Red Onion was closed so we went across road to Talay(first visit).Food was very good,tasty and they had salad bar.I was hanging out for some veges so only one in group to have salad bar.They had 3 bowls of different dressings,I took Thousand Island.Unfortunately I was sick next day and believe I should not have had dressing as sure that caused it Felt better after had been sick and ok 24 hours later.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I loved this place so much that I came back here every day. Even when I switched hotels and was further away I made the 30min walk each day just to eat here. The prices are cheaper than anywhere else, you get more food and it tasted way better. I fell in love with their Laab chicken and apple shakes, but honestly everything I had here was fabulous.

Been to Talay? Share your experiences!