Everyone says the Thais are beautiful - and I am sure they all work at the Centara Grand. Everyone we came into contact with was smiling and kind.. We stayed in the rainy season and had two days of torrential rain but we managed a couple of long lunchs to pass the time. eating and drinking in the hotel is expensive compared to Karon or Kata and probably not worth spending the money. I have to say i was a little bored with the breakfast come day three as there was little variation but the coffee was hot so not complaining too much. My two boys loved the water slides and the pools although the Lazy River could do with a good clean - my cozzies were a littl discoloured thanks to the yucky water. The steps in the Lazy River are impossible to see so had a few bloody toes. The rooms were not too bad - although sharing with 2 adults and 2 kids does get a little cozy after a few days. The rooms could do with a good scrub but the linen and towels were clean and the ladies were always accomodating if we needed anything including cleaning our room at a particular time due to nap time with the kids. We prefered to walk to the top of the hill to get local cabs rather than use the hotel as we wanted to support the locals. same price as the hotel and when the weather was crappy better to use the hotel but negotiate with the local cabs for any day trips as they are FAR cheaper than the hotel. We didnt get a room with a pool as we have little kids and to be honest if we were there again I wouldnt bother with it. I didnt see anyone in their provate pool in the 9 days we were there. everyone prefering to be along side the pool. plenty of room by the pool to watch the kids or avoid them if you prefer. overall a great place to stay and we will be back - I have to pay attention to the beautiful staff especially the Security guys. Not once did I walk pass and they didnt salute and smile - even when i though they would melt with the heat. We will be back for sure!! Please note they take a holding deposit on arrival that we were unaware of... no biggy as they deduct the final bill from it but still.... Enjoy!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon