Wow, this resort was wonderful. On arrival about 3 hrs before check in, we were given cool drinks and taken to the private club, for free light lunch & complimentary drinks. We were taken to our room just after 2pm, so all went well. The staff were amazing and we made friends with all staff & security. The inclusive breakfast buffet really had choices to suit any type of culinary desire, the specially made for you omelettes, were great, some eye bacon would be an improvement. The Mare Italian restaurant was very good and offered sectioned of seclusion within the restaurant. The cove has themed buffet style, but we are very small eaters and buffets are a waste of money for our appetite, but the 1 occasion we did eat there, the quality was good. The happy hour cocktails at Luna bar were great, buy 1 get one free, (choose wisely as you must have the same as your 1st drink). Most evenings you can enjoy the free entertainers, dancers etc in the main common area & Cove restaurant. We found a little restaurant on the beach at the far end of the resort, behind the wooden gates, this was so cheap and the food was cooked to order, looks a bit dicey, but it was good. The rooms did not disappoint, we had a deluxe room with a jacuzzi on the balcony 4th floor. We had a major roof leak in our room and were moved, firstly to a room with only 1 bed, but they did everything to ensure they found us another room with 2 beds as quickly as they could, very pleased with the outcome. The lazy river was great, lay back in a tube and just go with the flow. All of the pools were terrific, none of them in the main area are over deep 1.3mtr, perfect for most ages. Every day there were activities at the main pool, water polo, scuba diving walk on water ball, great fun even to watch, always managed to get a sun lounge, sometimes we moved area as some one left. The poolside food and cocktails etc were good, the prices for food at the
resort a bit more than in the streets, but clean preparation is worth paying for. 1 free shuttle service was offered everyday to Jung Ceylon shopping centre in Patong 2pm & Pick up 5.30, a morning 11am shuttle would be a great idea. The Cenvare spa was excellent I had 2 remedial massages, they were fantastic. The beach massages were very cheap but just relaxing, not theraputic. Our tour specialist explained how we could walk to Karon town, along the beach, cross the creek /beach mouth, take the first opening up on land and you are there in 5 to 10 minutes, we did this most days. I could go on forever, I just loved this Resort, it offered a completely different world to the streets out side, the lush gardens were amazing. Highly recommend this place to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon