We went to the Centara Grand in June 2013. We were very unlucky because it rained every day, some time for hours. Usually the rainy season is in May and September. Anyway, we are great fans of the Centara hotel group. It was our first time to visit this hotel. It is really a beautiful hotel. Its all held in Spanish style, our room had an deluxe seaview style with hugh balcony but no jakuzzi (who needs this on the balcony?). We spent many hours relaxing on the balcony while watching the storms passing by. We travelled with our kid, for children its a great hotel. A hugh swimming pool area with sliders, lazy river, sand. The indoor kids club was the largest we have ever seen with all kinds of toys and entertainment. Great we could leave our child there under free supervision of friendly staff. The beach was remote due to storm it was impossible to swim, the waves were hugh. The breakfast was very good. The seafood dinner was so so.
The only negative point for us was the location. There is nothing around the hotel not even a single shop. You need to get taxi or walk 1km to Karon. In Phuket the taxis are all held in control by a sort of Mafia and they fix the prices. To Patong beach you pay 300 Baht one way! Lucky we had a rental car during our stay and we highly recommend to rent a car, otherwise you are really dependent on taxi or your legs...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the classic Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is set directly on the sands at Karon Beach, backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own water park. The resort offers a memorable holiday experience for everyone: couples and families will love the exhilarating leisure activities, the water sports, and of course the water park, and corporate and incentive groups have fine meeting facilities. The accommodation offers a comforting and relaxing ambience for all, and for guests preferring seclusion, the villas provide exclusivity along with great views, and come with the Club category benefits. The award-winning spa, SPA Cenvaree, is a luxurious treat that everyone will enjoy, and has suites for singles and couples. The drive to and from Phuket International Airport is easy and convenient, and takes less than one hour by road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon