We have just spent 6 days at the centra grand beach resort, karon beach, Phuket, and our children were very sad to leave!
The resort in general is beautiful, with well maintained gardens, direct access to the beach, and a large pool, lazy river and a couple of slides, which kept our 13 & 10 year olds entertained the whole time!
Staff are very courteous, the gym is well equipped with machines and free weights, and there are an array of classes which you can do, some at extra cost, such as Muay Thai boxing for kids. There is just 1 tennis court, but we were escorted to it with cold water, towels and equipment, which was a nice touch. The kids club is very big and was a big hit with my son with 3 x psps, to use and many other table games.
Wifi is very cheap, at just 500baht for 1 week (around £12), although we met a family who couldn't pick up their wifi at the pool, maybe because of the distance from their room. We were in block 6 which is pretty central.
Our Room was spacious,enough for our family, (deluxe pool suite) which had 2 doubles (slightly larger than normal dbl) and we also requested an extra bed which fitted easily into the room (single). The bathroom is opened or closed off with sliding doors. The terrace is spacious enough too with a small plunge pool.
Breakfast was lovely, with a huge array of food. However, we only used the Mare, Italian once for convenience on our first night, and we didn't venture into the buffet restaurant at night as we felt it was unnecessarily expensive and then they add 10% service on and then 7% tax (although I do believe the service charge does go to all the staff), when you can sample local food at a quarter of the price! You can eat lunch and dinner (same menu) on the beach. We ate at a bar on the beach called the 'monkey bar' ( which actually has a real pet monkey that greets you upon arrival ) kids loved it ! we ate there on a few occasions, and whilst it is very basic, (plastic chairs) the food was fresh and lovely. There are 2 more beach restaurants which we didn't even make it to. But both looked the same quality as the monkey bar.
A tip we picked up, is to walk 15 mins (or tuk tuk) down to Karon to the seven 11 shop, to stock up on waters, and other drinks! Also, we took all our laundry to a local shop (near seven 11) and had it all washed and ironed for 60-70baht per kilo! What a fantastic idea! The hotel will do 2 pieces complimentary per day, but otherwise ,like most hotels, cost of laundry is ridiculous.
We noticed that both restaurants at the hotel always seemed empty, I can only think that the prices they charge are out of touch with the many restaurants around charging a fraction of the cost.
All in all we enjoyed our stay and would defiantly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the classic Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is set directly on the sands at Karon Beach, backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own water park. The resort offers a memorable holiday experience for everyone: couples and families will love the exhilarating leisure activities, the water sports, and of course the water park, and corporate and incentive groups have fine meeting facilities. The accommodation offers a comforting and relaxing ambience for all, and for guests preferring seclusion, the villas provide exclusivity along with great views, and come with the Club category benefits. The award-winning spa, SPA Cenvaree, is a luxurious treat that everyone will enjoy, and has suites for singles and couples. The drive to and from Phuket International Airport is easy and convenient, and takes less than one hour by road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon