We stayed in a Spa Deluxe room with Jacuzzi 02-09 March and enjoyed our stay very much. The room (647) was on the highest floor and had a view of the garden, pools and beach/sea. Great room otherwise but perhaps a little bit too hard bed for our taste. For improvement we would suggest to change the manual wooden curtain in front of the balcony-doors into an electrical one(instead of the manual) as the sound when you pull it up and down (daily...) is just horrible...
A special thank you to our room-cleaner, Pui, who did a great job every day!
We found plenty of choices for different nationalities. Please note that there are also food-stations OUTSIDE, omelettes for example. Our new favourite was Roti (a kind of banana pancake) combined with frozen honey-yoghurt!
Everyone we met, from reception, spa, breakfast, the Cove, Luna bar, towel-service and guards were very friendly, professional and polite. A golden rule to remember is that "If you are friendly and polite to others, they will be the same to you..." Many times we felt sorry for the staff working, as many of the guests seems to come from "the never smile - do not care for anyone else but yourself-lands"...
We love to eat out when we are in Thailand so we only ate at the Cove when it was Sea-food-night. My husband simply loves sea-food so for him it was a treat, with plenty of dishes to choose from. If you want a bottle of wine it will cost around 1200 baht, we tried a rosé from Australia and didn´t like it, so be sure to know what you order...
For lunch we usually went to Kais at the end of the beach, excellent Pad thai with chicken or prawns. If you go there - give 100 baht for tip after payment and see (listen to!) what happens!
In the evenings we walked into Karon and found a very nice restaurant called Talay with the best Seafood soup with coconut-milk!
There is a part of the road, just outside the hotel, that is pretty dangerous, so if you have children I would advice you to take a taxi/tuk-tuk from the taxi-station outside the hotel instead.
As we are not "pool-people" but "beach-people" one of the main reasons we chose this hotel was the location - directly on the beach. The choice turned out to be a good one as this is a more quiet part of the beach but still very nice to swim out from. You even have some rocks at the end, if you are into snorkeling. BUT the hotel does not have enough beach-chairs on the beach. If you come later than 0800 in the morning the chairs will already be taken. While this didn´t seem to be a problem by the pools as there were always plenty of free chairs all day long.. If you manage to get sun-chairs on the beach you will be VERY close to the neighbours...So most of the days we went to the local chair-owner to the left and paid 200 baht per day. Which we didn´t mind so much to do, as we like to support different local businesses, but I imagine it can be very annoying for others...
A word of warning to parents with children - some waves that roll in can be very big, so
don´t let your children alone into the water unless they are used to big waves.
We were in luck the week we went, sunshine every day and only rain one evening. It was very warm during the days, so one needs to remember to drink water. We got the habit of drinking two coconuts every-day - it says that it balances the electrolytes in the body - perfect to drink in the heat.
Yes, they come every evening after sunset... Just be sure to have the balcony-doors closed, especially if you have a light on inside, and spray yourself with Sketolene, and all will be fine!
You are provided with towel-cards from the reception that you change into towels by the towel-station by the pool. If you stay for longer than one night you do not need to fill in your room-number and sign to just to get the cards back again, simply just ask for CHANGE of towels. Then on the day before your departure you sign out your cards to leave by reception when you check out.
All in all we had a nice, relaxing holiday, but Karon beach is perhaps a little bit "too big" for us. We tend to like smaller, more quiet places, and although the hotel is situated in a peacful place and that part of the beach is great, the feeling changes as you come towards the middle of the beach. But this is completely personal preferences, other people love when it is crowded, noisy and full of action, and here you can of course have both sides!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the classic Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is set directly on the sands at Karon Beach, backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own water park. The resort offers a memorable holiday experience for everyone: couples and families will love the exhilarating leisure activities, the water sports, and of course the water park, and corporate and incentive groups have fine meeting facilities. The accommodation offers a comforting and relaxing ambience for all, and for guests preferring seclusion, the villas provide exclusivity along with great views, and come with the Club category benefits. The award-winning spa, SPA Cenvaree, is a luxurious treat that everyone will enjoy, and has suites for singles and couples. The drive to and from Phuket International Airport is easy and convenient, and takes less than one hour by road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon