We travelled as a family over New Year and had a fantastic experience from start to finish. The team of staff at this resort are a credit to the hotel from the restaurant staff to the fabulous life guards who knew our kids names within the first two hours of being at the pool and were great fun.
We stayed in a premium spa deluxe room above the pool which was very well positioned and nicely appointed. The restaurants were very good, especially the Italian restaurant which was superb and brought the children's meals out early as they were really hungry and getting tired.
The New Year's Eve party was a great event which took days for the hotel to pull together and involved many of the staff who has worked all day in other areas of the hotel but continued to give a smiling service right through to the early hours.
The water park kept the kids entertained every day, but it was the life guards down there that really made the experience at the pool. Ton, Boy and Nok keep the pool safe while making sure that those kids have fun, a big thank you to them from all of us.
Please don't be put off by some of the recent negative reviews especially about the staff here, we witnessed several fantastic members of staff being treated very disrespectfully by a couple of the guests, those members of staff were very professional in the way they handled these unacceptable out bursts. We found the staff here to be great and had no cause for complaint as they often went the extra mile.
One of many examples of the team going the extra mile:
One of the waiters at the pool restaurant noticed that my daughter had scraped her foot. He called over one of the managers who offered to take her over to the health centre for first aid, as she was just about to eat her lunch he called over one of the life guards instead who gave her first aid at the table so that she was ready to go back to enjoy the pool straight away.
Great atmosphere, great team and we will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon