Having just stayed at this resort for 10 days, I have the following comments: while the rooms are beautiful, staff friendly and wonderful for kids, the service is really not good. The main problem with the service is the lack of English spoken by staff. This is portrayed as 5 star international hotel and as such staff need to be able to understand what guests are saying and requesting in order to provide good service. It was really frustrating when you asked for something and staff did not understand. Also, the hotel didn't have enough pool towels which is unacceptable and also ran out of chicken the one day, sweetener for coffee, diet coke at the pool bar and pizzas, also unacceptable for a 5 star hotel . The air conditioning seemed to be set on one temperature and was freezing and there is also an unpleasant smell in some areas of the hotel, especially outside the kids club. We are now at the centara in koh Samui and while the rooms are not great, the service and ambience is fantastic. If we return to Phuket, I don't think it will be to the centara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon