My fiance and I started our honeymoon here with a 5 night stay. We arrived after two long flights to welcome drinks, and a friendly staff. Our room was located in Block 3. We kindly asked if they had a room available in the popular Block 9, which they did not at the time but might have the following day. When we got to our room, they called and told us that guests had just left a room in that block and offered to show it to us. We loved the view from that building and the proximity to the ocean, but being so close to the pool we were worried about noise. We decided to stay in the quieter block 3. The room was beautiful, however with a few minor issues like dirty caulking in the shower. There is a problem with yellow water throughout the whole resort. I am not sure if this is a safety issue, but we dealt with it. In my opinion, unless you like the noise of Patong, Karon Beach seemed to be one of the best beaches to visit on the west coast. The beach was beautiful and quiet and the town was an easy 10 minute walk away, or a 200 Baht cab. The town had just enough activity without being too overwhelming. We were welcomed with a honeymoon cake, and loved the rose petal turn down on our first night. The breakfast buffet is huge; full of many breakfast and lunch items. As part of our package, we had spa treatments which were really nice as well. The staff could definitely use more training in English and have more knowledge about the town. It was very hard to find a concierge who could recommend a good restaurant. Now, at one point during our stay my wife and I both got terrible stomach sickness. Hers lasted for days. I cannot say if this was from the hotel food, yellow water, or the food in town. There is no way of telling. I could go on, but overall I would say that this is one of the best resorts in the area. I definitely would not call it 5 stars as Americans or Europeans may be used to, but it is a solid 4 or 4.5. It definitely seemed to be a good value for the price. Oh, the beds are hard like other people have reviewed. Not prison hard, just not super plush.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the classic Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is set directly on the sands at Karon Beach, backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own water park. The resort offers a memorable holiday experience for everyone: couples and families will love the exhilarating leisure activities, the water sports, and of course the water park, and corporate and incentive groups have fine meeting facilities. The accommodation offers a comforting and relaxing ambience for all, and for guests preferring seclusion, the villas provide exclusivity along with great views, and come with the Club category benefits. The award-winning spa, SPA Cenvaree, is a luxurious treat that everyone will enjoy, and has suites for singles and couples. The drive to and from Phuket International Airport is easy and convenient, and takes less than one hour by road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon