“Wouldn't stay anywhere else!”

Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
Ranked #15 of 132 Hotels in Karon
sydney
“Wouldn't stay anywhere else!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I cannot say enough about this hotel. Upon reading an earlier revew, I'm thinking someone has got the hotels mixed up as there are so maby Centara's!
The rooms are clean and spacious, the staff is so friendly and are more than willing to help you with all of your needs and the facilities awesome. My friends stayed in the two bedroom pool villa which was magical and we stayed in the spa room which suited us better (and obviously more affordable).
We used the babysitter service (6 and 7 year old girls) and the kids oten took themselves into the kids club for activities they learned they couldn;t live without. We kept a pretty close eye on the kids in the beginning but soon learned that there were so may staff members especially by the pool to watch over them, I soon felt comfortable enough for the kids to not have to be joined to my hip. And as much as my girls love to shop, I couldn;t get them out of the pool for the whole 10 days! It has kiddy pools, waterfalls, rock jumps, an adult pool and sections where you could be on sand or not. The best enertainment for my kids ever!
These people genuinely care and always stop whatever they are doing to say hello, how are you. I left my ipad in the room in the rush to pack and when I called from the airport, the manager told me she had already found it and will be notifying me by email re sending it back. I told her I'd call as soon as I landed and when I didn't, she called because she was worried I hadn't landed safely! Too swet.
We are already looking at booking for next year and still explaining to my 6 year old why we can't permanently live at Centara Grande!
The breakfast selection is off the charts and all meals we ate were great.
Can't recommend it enough!!
Kim

Room Tip: If you have kids, I advise to rooms with a pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank kim v

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have just come back from celebrating our anniversary and honeymoon at Centara. I must admit that past reviews nearly swayed my decision but I'm glad we stuck to our guns.
The grounds, reception area and our ocean facing room was brilliant. Our room was always cleaned and we enjoyed the little touches with our turndown service. Reception was always more than helpful and very prompt with any dealings.
The Buffet Breakfast was always delicious and never too overcrowded. Food and drinks I found to be reasonably priced.
My only let down was the BBQ buffet on a Thursday night. The meat and Prawns were not cooked properly.

Overall our stay was wonderful and I would recommend this place to anyone. We will definitely be back with our kids in tow.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Sinastar
Narre Warren North
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We recently returned from 7 night stay at Centara Grand Phuket and absolutely loved it. The first night on arrival i was a little disappointed as i was told that the room that i had booked and paid for was not available and we had been given an upgrade to a spa deluxe room which i dont believe was an upgrade as room was alot smaller than the Premium Ocean View room that i had booked. Spoke to reception who apologised and organised for a our room to be available for us the next morning - new room was amazing. From then on our holiday was fantastic! Beautiful pools and surrounding, perfect for kids and adults. Breakfast was great with a huge variety.

Room Tip: We had room 227. Premium Ocean View with massive balcony. Woke up to a beautiful view of the ocean e...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Never thought I would be one to do this ... But I know I read a lot if reviews before we had our first visit to Phuket and the iced reviews had me worried!
We stayed for 10 fantastic nights at the resort in a two bedroom pool villa - we have 3 young boys 5-8 years and the villa was Devine! The pool was great for when we wanted to relax at home Ns we could get prompt room service and cocktails delivered :) bliss
In terms of facilities they were we one to none - pools restaurants staff cleanliness and position all fantastic especially for families - your a quick trip to the hustle and bustle of Patong or Karon if you choose - the beach is right there which boasts the massages drink stalls and restaurants.
I could go on and on - we were very close to extending our stay for another 5 days but we had commitments in Bangkok - we will definitely be back as soon as possible - even the kids were shattered to leave
Oh and I must add everyday they asked (yes that's right) to go to kids club :)
Perfection on all fronts!
Don't hesitate - I k ow it is one of the more expensive options but you so t be disappointed :)

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Becluburic
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Anyone who says this is the best hotel they have ever seen has not been to a proper 5 star hotel. We were meant to stay at the hotel for 6 nights, having spent the first 2 weeks of our stay in another part of Phuket. We stayed roughly 3 hours before checking out! Our first impression was the lobby, which was dated and not at all grand. The staff were unfriendly and the corridors seemed more suited to a hospital than an apparently luxury hotel. The room which was sold as a Deluxe Ocean View Room had absolutely nothing deluxe about it. In fact, it was filthy! There were dead insects lying around the floors and skirting boards. The skirting boards also had months worth of dust and hairs. The glass toilet door was smeared with dirty fingerprints and there was an awful stench throughout the room. There were also wires sticking out of the wall where some of the light-fittings were. Having a three year old with us; this was a serious safety concern, since they were within reach. On complaining; I was told I had "only booked a standard room'! On taking the complaint further with a manager, I was informed that we should go for a complimentary lunch, while they tried to come up with something better. The lunch didn't lift our mood any. It was extremely greasy with sloppy presentation. The restaurant did not up the stakes on cleanliness either. After seeing this and having a quick walk around the pool area, which looked like something from a 3 star 1980s hotel in Tenerife, we decided to leave. The best part of the short stay was the air conditioned departure in one of the hotels taxis. I can honestly say that the manager genuinely did seem concerned and tried to help us and avoid us leaving, but he could not have fixed the problems that were there. This hotel needs a major renovation to even be in with a chance of becoming a 5 star resort. The rooms look to be modern enough, but the luxury details are missing and I believe that cleanliness should never be an issue, whether you stay in 3,4 or 5 star hotels. I would never have imagined walking out of a 5 star hotel, but in this case it just was not an option to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Laura H
fongfa, Guest Relations Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you very for taking the time to place a review.

It is disappointing to read of your unhappy experience at our hotel, but perhaps it is a shame that you did not spend more time with us, so that the issues you raise could have been more properly addressed. If, as you said the room was in an unclean state and is need of repair, then I must apologise and assure you that this is not our normal standard.

Our staff are rewarded for their friendly and courteous approach to guests, so I am somewhat puzzled by the comment concerning “unfriendly staff”.

I agree that the lobby area is more functional than grand but the normal quality of service more than compensates for the lack of splendid decor.

Again it is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your complimentary meal.

I agree that the cleanliness should not be an issue in any hotel but all the tropical locations the occasional insect or small lizard cannot be avoided.

It is unfortunate that our manager could not persuade you to stay to allow us to show you a true picture of the hotel.

Warm regards
Fongfa Eadjongdee
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had 8 nights at the hotel and I never wanted to leave. Room was perfect food was great and the service was fantastic. Great pool area for all the family. Would stay here again and would highly recommend to anyone who is looking to have a great holiday. Thanks Grand Centara.

Room Tip: Block 8 or 9
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Sherron M
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at the Centara Grand Resort at Karon Beach for 9 nights. This was our first time to visit Thailand and also our first visit to any of the Centara group of resorts.

The resort is located in a very nice location with a private beach in Karon which is 10 min drive from Patong. There are taxi services at the front of the resort. Also, car rentals are offered via the resort. Our room was number 621, The Premium Deluxe Ocean Facing room had pool views and (partly) ocean view.

Cleanliness & service is great in this resort. Our room was cleaned twice a day. In the morning, we had clean sheets, clean towels, clean bathroom & 4 sealed bottles of water (drinking and brushing teeth) & fruit plate. In the afternoon, service will come to turn down the bed, sometimes they leave a lovely note or a flower on the bed, we also get little cheese platter or dessert in the afternoon.

"Swatee Ka or Swatee Kub" ( thats Hello in Thai ) from every staff who will greet you with a lovely smile and very polite attitude.

I had a Spa credit which I have used. It was a bit dearer compared to outside prices however the great service & professional massage skills they offer in the spa club were worth the extra money.

We had breakfast everyday in the resort and the food is amazing ... enough to fill you to dinner! You name it , it was on the morning buffet. We also tried the Italian restuarant and it was a great meal.

I have to mention that we both got sick from eating at a local night market. Although this was not the fault of the resort, when they knew, they provided us with access to an in-house nurse and a doctor to the room . The staff were very caring. They provided us with a room service meal (at no cost). They continually called us to ask about us and we had flowers and a "get well soon" card from them. How lovely !!!

Overall, we would rate this resort as excellent. Great location, service and facilities. Just a couple of suggestion...free wi-fi in the rooms would be good. Softer mattresses would also be good and fresh milk in the room each day would help.

Thank you for a fantastic holiday and for all your care and attention to detail. We would love to come back soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Moni H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Mandarava Resort and Spa
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 321 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,342 reviews

Been to Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!