Anyone who says this is the best hotel they have ever seen has not been to a proper 5 star hotel. We were meant to stay at the hotel for 6 nights, having spent the first 2 weeks of our stay in another part of Phuket. We stayed roughly 3 hours before checking out! Our first impression was the lobby, which was dated and not at all grand. The staff were unfriendly and the corridors seemed more suited to a hospital than an apparently luxury hotel. The room which was sold as a Deluxe Ocean View Room had absolutely nothing deluxe about it. In fact, it was filthy! There were dead insects lying around the floors and skirting boards. The skirting boards also had months worth of dust and hairs. The glass toilet door was smeared with dirty fingerprints and there was an awful stench throughout the room. There were also wires sticking out of the wall where some of the light-fittings were. Having a three year old with us; this was a serious safety concern, since they were within reach. On complaining; I was told I had "only booked a standard room'! On taking the complaint further with a manager, I was informed that we should go for a complimentary lunch, while they tried to come up with something better. The lunch didn't lift our mood any. It was extremely greasy with sloppy presentation. The restaurant did not up the stakes on cleanliness either. After seeing this and having a quick walk around the pool area, which looked like something from a 3 star 1980s hotel in Tenerife, we decided to leave. The best part of the short stay was the air conditioned departure in one of the hotels taxis. I can honestly say that the manager genuinely did seem concerned and tried to help us and avoid us leaving, but he could not have fixed the problems that were there. This hotel needs a major renovation to even be in with a chance of becoming a 5 star resort. The rooms look to be modern enough, but the luxury details are missing and I believe that cleanliness should never be an issue, whether you stay in 3,4 or 5 star hotels. I would never have imagined walking out of a 5 star hotel, but in this case it just was not an option to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the classic Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is set directly on the sands at Karon Beach, backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own water park. The resort offers a memorable holiday experience for everyone: couples and families will love the exhilarating leisure activities, the water sports, and of course the water park, and corporate and incentive groups have fine meeting facilities. The accommodation offers a comforting and relaxing ambience for all, and for guests preferring seclusion, the villas provide exclusivity along with great views, and come with the Club category benefits. The award-winning spa, SPA Cenvaree, is a luxurious treat that everyone will enjoy, and has suites for singles and couples. The drive to and from Phuket International Airport is easy and convenient, and takes less than one hour by road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon