We stayed with kids (aged 11 + 3), first the good points: great service and friendly staff, lots of activities for the kids, food was good.
However we were let down by:
1.The filthy beach. The entire high tide mark was strewn with rubbish - it is a disgrace. The hotel should keep the frontage of the property groomed and clean. (we have seen this done elsewhere in Asia - even though it is a public beach, the hotel should take some ownership).
2. The taxi cartel/mafia that makes you pay inflated prices, 200B for 2km to Karon. In Bangkok it would be a 60B ride. Sometimes in the heat of the day, with tired kids, walking was out. Absolute rip off
3. We booked in February and asked for adjorning rooms in the sea-front block, and were told no problem. On arrival, no adjoring rooms and we had to have a major argument and delay before we could get a substitute (further back, with limited views).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon