have been to phuket 3 times-this was the worst experience from staff
on arrival got checked into wrong room .on questioning was told that the room we had actually paid for in sydney was only available in 3rd floor in the lagoon side but no lifts available.we have 3 kids all in strollers and they expected us to lift the strollers up and down the stairs.upon fussing got a ground floor room but not in lagoon view .the room faced the bush side and it seemed that it was more of a dumping ground room since it had a musty smell and cobwebs.the door -sliding was not working well and it looked as if it had been forced open before.had alot of fussing with staff and on day two finally got the room we had initially paid for-what a relief
staff were quite arrogant esp during breakfast-no smile to welcome you and reception could have done better if they had good english speaking employees rather than people who just mumble and run half the time looking for one who can actually speak english.we had booked for 8 nights and stayed for 7 only the reason being we had a late connecting flight booked so prefered to have the children in room till our pickup-went on my time but were so happy to have paid for the extra night since you never get the complimentary late checkout-however we were told by the reception that since we were flying out a day earlier we had to check out by 1400hours---oops they were not seeing that we had paid for a whole extra night and -------again another set of fussing till the recetion realized that we had one extra night and could even use the room for the whole night-please train your staff to understand english!!!
breakfast -not so great-have stayed in other 4 stars at patong where service and breakfast is superb but this was total horror experience for my family.the only good thing about this hotel was the slide at the pool which my kids loved.not staying in this place even if I have to pay double the amount in another hotel-you should have a beautiful experience in a holiday not one that has stress at every step and this hotel was quite stressfull.also had spa voucher but wsa told that could not use since the my time had only special days and all were full during my 7 day stay there??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the classic Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is set directly on the sands at Karon Beach, backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own water park. The resort offers a memorable holiday experience for everyone: couples and families will love the exhilarating leisure activities, the water sports, and of course the water park, and corporate and incentive groups have fine meeting facilities. The accommodation offers a comforting and relaxing ambience for all, and for guests preferring seclusion, the villas provide exclusivity along with great views, and come with the Club category benefits. The award-winning spa, SPA Cenvaree, is a luxurious treat that everyone will enjoy, and has suites for singles and couples. The drive to and from Phuket International Airport is easy and convenient, and takes less than one hour by road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Fastbooking, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon