3,415 results
All reviews lazy river luna bar kids club deluxe pool suite water slides mare restaurant jumping rock cliff jump adult pool the club lounge karon town ocean facing entertainment team seafood buffet two double beds main pool carpe diem
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights in March booking a standard room with breakfast and were lucky enough to get a room in block 9 (third floor). I must say that other revue's advising that block 9 is the best location are correct. The room was great with a superb view of the beach and sea.
The main reason for picking this hotel was for the location, sitting on the beach not far from Karon was just what we wanted.
Check in was swift and efficient, after the normal "can we sell you an expensive upgrade" we were taken to our room which was stunning.
Having quickly unpacked we then walked around the hotel to explore. Our first impressions were very good, the place was spotless, all the pools looked good and the restuarants all faced the sea and appeared inviting.
Now the reality !!
Breakfast was great with a huge choice of food, most of which was well presented. The egg station offered just about everything you could possibly do with an egg and you could find almost anything you wanted for breakfast be it european or indeed from most places in the world.
Service wa a little hit and miss. One day staff would be clearing your plates before you had a chance to finish and the next you could not get dirty dishes moved (very strange)
The biggest problem seemed to be with the staff, not many happy smiling faces and no real "connection" with the guests.
there was a total lack of ambiance in the hotel and at night seemed to be almost deserted. Most people i assume went in to Karon to eat and drink. We went in to the Luna bar one evening for happy hour, in the bar was me, my wife, and 3 bar staff ! I think that says it all.
Whilst the hotel is going to be dearer than eating and drinking in town you don't mind if this is reflected in the service you are recieving, regretfully this is not the case at the hotel. Apparently before we left the uk my wife emailed the hotel explaining to them that it was my birthday and asked them to place a bottle of wine in the room upon our arrival as a surprise for me. The hotel emailed her back with a wine list that she then picked a bottle of wine from it and emailed it back to them.Regretfully the wine didn't turn up and she didn't tell me about it until we returned home. ( not really a big problem but just another example of poor service ). We recieved better, more freindly and felt more welcome in the town restuarants then we did at the hotel. Centara really need to sort out this problem, they seem to have settled for the fact that they have a new hotel in a great location and because of it make vertually no effort to engage thier guests.
Karon centre is a 10/15 walk away or a 200bt ride and well worth the trip given the lack of atmosphere in the hotel.
Would we stay here again, probably not.

Room Tip: Block 9 the best location
8  Thank UkHunter
GMCPBR, General Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Dear UkHunter,

May I thank you for your constructive comment.
Being a customer driven resort we always welcome feed backs so that we can improve our quality of product and services.

I am very sorry to read that you had a bad experience with our service in restaurants & bars at the resort.
We have shared your comments with the team and put together a training plan to improve the situation and communication within the resort.
More emphasis will be given to shows and live bands in the evening to improve the overall atmosphere.

I hope that despite this experience you will consider coming back to our resort and give us a second chance to demonstrate our genuine will and capability to pamper you
to the level one would expect in a 5 star resort in Thailand.
Should it be the case I would be very happy to personally organize your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm regards,

Christophe EAM

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very good choice in Karon Beach. We stay in a Spa Deluxe Premiun with two queen size bed and was really nice. The bathroon is high class and my two children enjoyed the spa a lot. Pool area is a paradise with two water sliders and a lazy river where you can spend hours just lied down. Children pool was great for my infant (7 months old). Everyday water activites in the main pool for adults and children. The beach is really really nice. Quiet for children with shallow waters. My wife had a blast in the spa for almost three hours. Gym very good and children area very complete with people always taking care of the little ones and making them have fun. Breakfast with excellent choices for all. We tried italian restaurant that was very good and also enjoyed mediterranean and sea food buffet for dinner. Both were great. Desserts are just yummy. Location of the hotel is very good. Only 5 minutes from Patong Area and Kata Area where you can find many items to buy including a big mall with excellent dining options.

2  Thank Alfredo B
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Swimming pools, rivers and waterfalls are all thought to make a very good time with your family, not forgetting the very spacious comfortable rooms, a choice of excellent restaurants and a sumptuous breakfast.
The staff is friendly and courteous, all the people you meet tell you hello with a smile.
We had a great time and we will return.

4  Thank gcbond
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I came to this hotel because we have complimentary coupon from gold card member which can stay almost all Centara hotel for free one night.I decided to stay here because there look like the best from theirs had in Phuket. I hadn't stayed at high grade hotel for a long time and imagine that 5 star hotel is still be same as the past.
Their staffs were lack of service mind and knowledge.Some of facilities was not work properly and almost broken.In the bathroom,cold water didn't work,so I took hot water for bathing.Water wasn't clean as expected from 5 star hotel.No toothbrush prepared for me(Another night at Centara Westsand was the same),may be this is hotel's solution to decrease expense.
As you know I'm gold member but I wasn't given free breakfast because I use complimentary coupon.I think it's very unfair.Actually they should take care member better than ordinary guests,aren't they?
If you really need to spent time at Karon beach,I suggest you to stayed another place and get to here by walking or driving.You will have great time on beautiful sea and soft white sand with better stay place.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thaicouple
GMCPBR, General Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you for your review and please accept my apology for a 1 night
stay where your experience did not match most of our guest satisfaction level.

Unfortunately and for the only night of your stay we experienced water cut from the municipality supply. It takes usually a few hours for the water to become clear again.

Toothbrushes are provided on a complimentary basis for superior type of accommodation.

Your booking clearly stated that the complimentary night benefit was excluding breakfast.
As a corporate policy, this is surely something we can look at modify.

Should you wish to stay in any hotel in Karon without being separated from the beach by a busy road then Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is still the preferred option.
Meanwhile, every effort is being made to improve our service especially those rendered to Gold Card Members.

Warm regards,

Denis

Reviewed March 24, 2012

I would love to write a detailed review about our stay at Centara, but that can wait. Here is a quick excerpt.

I was very confused early on about where to stay given the number of mixed reviews. Few things I was clear about were - it should be a five star, should be next to the beach, should be safe, and should be big enough so that we can hang around in the hotel itself when we don't feel like going out. Centara turned out to be the perfect match.

We were there for our honeymoon and Centara was a surprise for my wife. While making the reservation, I had requested a room in building # 9. The hotel staff kept room # 947 for us (which I believe was the most private). If you are seeking privacy, building # 9 is the way to go.

The staff, restaurants, food (buffet), bars, pools etc. were very good and what you would expect at a 5 star property.. The location couldn't have been perfect. It wasn't very crowded, but we had to just walk few minutes to get to the thick of action. Patong also wasn't very far and we visited Patong for 3 nights (between 7pm and 1am).

Room Tip: The resort is huge, but it may not be the most private. If you want privacy, go for building # 9. The resort otherwise is very majestic.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple