We arrived at the hotel in Dec 2011 and although the rooms were where requested, they were not connecting. This made the first three days a bit difficult but the hotel definitely tried there best to compensate for this error on their part and gave us an adjoining executive suite on the other side of our room at no extra costs. The Centarra Grand Beach Resort Hotel is tucked away at the Northern Corner of Caron Beach. Although the hotel is on the beach front of this public beach, the fact that is is at the end of the beach means that the beach is used mainly by hotel guests. Beach side service is available at the edge of the beach on hotel loungers. Moving closer to the actual sea, one would then have to use lounges owned by private traders. Great cheap food is available on the beach as well as massages all at Thailands favourable prices. The pool is also on the beach and has a water slide facility adjoining it. So yup...the beach and pool area get a 5* rating. Pool side menu is however a bit lacking. Breakfasts are first class and rooms are also excellent. If you want to be near the beach and pool look at getting gound rooms in Buildings 9 or 8. As family with young kids we also had the need to visit the clinic on 2 occasions, The hotel nurse was great on both occasions. We however were told that new year dinner celebrations is compulsory. The 30000 baht fee was bit excessive for a buffet which excluded hotel drinks. The hotel gym is ample.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the classic Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is set directly on the sands at Karon Beach, backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own water park. The resort offers a memorable holiday experience for everyone: couples and families will love the exhilarating leisure activities, the water sports, and of course the water park, and corporate and incentive groups have fine meeting facilities. The accommodation offers a comforting and relaxing ambience for all, and for guests preferring seclusion, the villas provide exclusivity along with great views, and come with the Club category benefits. The award-winning spa, SPA Cenvaree, is a luxurious treat that everyone will enjoy, and has suites for singles and couples. The drive to and from Phuket International Airport is easy and convenient, and takes less than one hour by road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon