We stayed 8 nights earlier this month at this beautiful resort and enjoyed every minute. It is truelly worthy of its five star rating.
We had been a little worried that it would be a noisy place to stay with all the attractions it offers children but we found it to be such a quiet and secluded haven. A short 10 minute walk along the squeky sands of the beach leads you to the town of Karon. The ladies at the set of five or so joined restaurants along the way are a scream and had us laughing in the end with their jolly beckoning.
Internet - You can either purchase pre paid or a package, the package being much cheaper.
Luna Bar - Here you will find the most bubbly staff, the outdoor area is something else. The cocktails are great and the Long Island Tea cocktail packs a punch.
Mare Restaurant breakfast - Plenty of choice and very fresh. The salads are very nice (especially the chinese sausage). I loved the chunks of fresh fruit with frozen yoghurt drizzled with natural honey. The only negative is that the fruit juices are not pure and taste like sweet cordial.
Mare Restaurant dinner- We ate dinner here many times as the food was second to none. Although we had the seafood buffet it was inferior to the offers on the a la carte menu. Some of the a la carte meals were up there with the best we have ever had. The price of the a la carte food was very reasonable given the quality and the hotel, there was no need to risk eating outside the hotel.
Room - We stayed in a premium deluxe which had a huge corner balcony, there were three sets of high quality wooden furniture on it. The layout and decor of the room was lovely and the bathroom was huge. The cleaners do a fantastic job of tidying the room and getting rid of all the sand. We only had a turndown service on one night and it would have been nice to have this every night. Although we asked for a newspaper, we only ever recieved it twice. The bar is right next to the entrance door and somehow a couple of our own chocolate bars went missing from the bench whilst we were out. Amenities are in abundance and good quality. The bed is very hard but you get used to it.
Welcome - it was very nice to have a cool towel and drink upon arrival. They seem very strict on their 2.00pm check in unless you want to upgrade (we arrived at 12.00pm).
Front desk staff - they are very efficient, prompt and helpful.
The Manager - Mr Opes is a very nice genuine gentleman and really knows how to look after his customers in a friendly and considerate manner.
Pools - the lazy river and pool slides are great. The adults pool is such a quite oasis.
Buildings - all rooms do not have an ocean view. We were kindly moved from block six to block nine when we asked for a proper view. We were on the corner of block 9 which is the closest to the ocean and had a clear view from the front and a view of the hill on the side, it felt totally secluded. The only problem with this location is that it is really, really loud when it is raining and the wind is blowing, it can be very windy on the balcony also. My preference would be a little further back, higher on the cliff in either building 2 or 3. These are close to the main entrance and the adult pool with the best views. The only drawback would be all the climbing. Not all buildings have their own lift.
Gardens- for such a new hotel they are amazing and the variety is great, I'm sure something is always in flower. Be very careful if wearing thongs (flipflops) around the resort as the paths are always slippery when wet, in fact it was safer to walk bare footed.
I think there are many factors that contributed to this being the most relaxing, restful and romantic place that we have ever stayed at. I would not hesitate this lovely resort to anyone and I hope we get the chance to stay there again and I am not one who likes staying at the same hotels, let alone a whole nine days.
I sincerely thank the staff and management for making this a most memorable experiance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Fastbooking, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon