31 people are viewing this hotel
$351
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$306
Official Site
$367
travelup.com$377
Hotels.com$306
Priceline$316
4,825 results
All reviews lazy river cove restaurant kids club deluxe pool suite cliff jump water slides adult pool the club lounge walk along the beach karon town family holiday private beach main pool ocean view tuk tuk pool bar buffet breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I wrote the following email to the customer service team:

Dear Management,

I write this email with great pleasure.

Recently on September 6, 2011 my husband and I wed at your hotel, Centara Grand Beach Resort. We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and enjoyed the pool, spa and Italian Restaurant.

I wanted to write this email to express our deepest gratitude and thanks for the wedding ceremony hosted by Centara Grand Beach Resort. It could not have been the incredible experience it was or the most amazing day of our lives without the commitment & dedication of your staff.

I'd like to express particular thanks to Fongfa for her unfailing communication through email in the weeks leading into the wedding. Her communication was excellent and she kept us feeling at ease that our special day was in food hands. Also would like to express thanks to Nui for showing us through the hotel and venue for the ceremony and organizing our late checkout and the emergency needle and thread for my wedding dress. Also special thanks to Nan for assisting with my dress and taking some excellent photos from my personal camera.

The photographer did a spectacular job of our photographs and I'd appreciate my thanks being passed to him also. We are so very impressed by his work.

The massage at the Cenvare Spa was incredible and very professional and relaxing.

The professionalism of this team, including the workers in the background (cart driver, venue set up, wait staff at the Luna Bar, turn down service, the cleaners, breakfast staff & reception etc) is second to none and the  attention to detail when it comes to service is outstanding - thank you.

I did feel there were a few issues in the room (air conditioning smelt musty and the power points were not in convenient places), however, overall the facilities are wonderful & convenient.

We are so thankful and wanted to make our sentiments known to the management of Centara Grand Beach Resort. We will be back next year.

Raf & Indy

5  Thank IndyGirl100
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket.
My wife and I have stayed at a lot of resorts, if you tried you can pick fault's with them all, that's life, nothing is always going to go to plan.
I loved the Centara Grand Beach Resort, it is world class, in line with all top resorts, i'm going to post what made it great for us.
Arriving all went to plan, getting our room,been greeted with smiling faces from Centara staff.
Most good resort's this is the norm, i found there was something extra here at the Centara,.
the staff have such a genuine feel.
Loved the food, Andrew the chef with the staff AWESOME, Italian food sooo good Italian chef there as well,
Pools for the Adult's one for the kid's, big kid's too,Gym all you will be happy with, but what got me the most was the staff Monthip and Mam with staff who worked so hard and felt so real we thank you.
i recommend Centara every one around me going to Phuket and just can't wait to go back!!!

Room tip: If you have more than 2 the bigger top room's with the pool spa or bottom family rooms with their own bathing pool's in front fantastic.
1  Thank John W
Reviewed September 17, 2011

The Centara Grand Beach Resort is a new 5-Star Resort directly on the beach. In fact all the rooms have beach view rooms.

The breakfast is very nice with alot of selections to choose from. We paid extra to have access to the Executive Lounge - it is nice - but really not worth it - as food and drinks at the local restaurants are very inexpensive. It is a little walk to the town - but taxis back are cheap. In town you will great places for massages and shopping.

If you want to have some custom made clothes go to UOMO Fashion in Patong Beach. Take whatever you want copied for best results. Remember to negotiate the price - it is really expected. I highly recommend this hotel and Phuket in general. Qatar Airways flies direct to Phuket.

Date of stay: August 2011
4  Thank Jerry S
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Enjoy our stay, staff are friendly and helpful. Different pools and facilities kept our family occupied the whole afternoon. Location not near to any local dining or shopping stalls, need to take taxi if you don't want to eat in the hotel restaurant.
Great selection of food during breakfast but fruits are covered with flies, not too hygiene. Also ice cream is melting. Overall stay is comfortable and hotel still can improve better to charge at this price.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

we travel a lot especially to the beach for the kids holiday. several times in a year at least. juts got back from japan on april. bangkok in june. we have been to two other Centara in the last 2 months. centara mirage pattaya and centara world in bangkok. expecting the same service on the same chain hotel but this hotel is a total dissapoinment.
we checked in at 9 evening, exhausted and the children are starving, yet it took an hour or so for them to explain an upgrade to club, giving special rate and continualy call the supervisor for better rate.
overall staff are not very friendly. breakfast of 2 adult cannot be replace by a child. so the children have to pay though i didn't even show up to the restaurant.
the room are not cleaned properly. they do not clean thoroughly. only certain areas. everything on the corner are sticky and dusty.
we stayed there for 7 nights, 2 rooms and charged for another extra night for the 2 rooms with assumption that we requested a late check out. strange as i thought that even with late check out, only half rate applied. fortunately we check out at 1 o'clock and able to pick out the extra charges when the bill is presented.
the pools was wonderfull but the view of the main pool is not the beach. it's obstructed by little ugly store in front of the beach. not run by the hotel i think. the access to pool or beach is quite far from some rooms.
we dine pizza on the beach one evening, the patrol watch us the whole time suspiciously.
the hotel itself was nice. the premium rooms was equipped with a large balcony and nice sofa. it's very unfortunate that the service is not a standard of 5 star hotel.

9  Thank mchendra