This hotel is fantastic. We stayed here as a family with 2 young children aged 3 and 6 and had a great time. The pools are great, especially for kids. The lazy river, slides and cliff jumps are a real winner. There were always plenty of sunbeds available at whatever time we went to the pool, and although the resort is large, it never feels busy.
We stayed in the basic room, which is called a Deluxe Ocean facing and these came with 2 x King beds and a great bath/shower, the quality in the room was fantastic. Cartoon Network is on the TV, and you can hire a DVD player too for when the children need to chill. All the balconies at the resort are deep and have great chairs to sit and relax on them. Rooms also get serviced twice a day, and 4 bottles of complimentary water and fruit are provided each day. The aircon is thankfully excellent too.
We all got the odd mosquito bite, but you are in a tropical country so what do you expect!
Food at the hotel is very expensive compared to elsewhere, we ate here a few times off the menu and off the buffet they do on a night. The Thai buffet was a real let down, but the Silk Road Night was fantastic and so much better than the Thai buffet. Breakfasts here are excellent, great service by all the staff and like others have said especially Mam.
If you are venturing out of the hotel, then Gings in Karon is a winner, as is Sea Hag in Patong. Deang's on the beach (turn right as you walk out of the hotel) with its blue/white decor is also excellent value, 60BHT for chicken noodles etc, and you can get takeaway and bring them back to the hotel pool if you like. Drinks from here or the Kai beach hut can also be brought back to have around the pool, and are a fraction of the hotels prices.
Taxi to Karon is 200BHT, but only a 5 min walk along the beach, and Patong is 300BHT. We managed to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel for 500BHT too from the taxi rank on the far right as you leave the airport.
I've attached a map of the resort so people can request which building them may want to be in before arriving. We stayed in building 5, which was set back and you could see the whole of the resort, but building 9 is the most popular as its on the beach.
There is no free wifi here, but thats pretty standard now in hotels. It is available for a charge.
The staff and service levels are fantastic, sometimes things can be lost in translation a bit, but you get there in the end.
Kids club here is good, but not outstanding, it does a job though. Its a shame you have to pay to use the games consoles and PC's.
Overall I thought this hotel was amazing, and we will definately be returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the classic Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is set directly on the sands at Karon Beach, backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own water park. The resort offers a memorable holiday experience for everyone: couples and families will love the exhilarating leisure activities, the water sports, and of course the water park, and corporate and incentive groups have fine meeting facilities. The accommodation offers a comforting and relaxing ambience for all, and for guests preferring seclusion, the villas provide exclusivity along with great views, and come with the Club category benefits. The award-winning spa, SPA Cenvaree, is a luxurious treat that everyone will enjoy, and has suites for singles and couples. The drive to and from Phuket International Airport is easy and convenient, and takes less than one hour by road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Jetsetter, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon