3,370 results
All reviewslazy riverluna barkids clubdeluxe pool suitewater slidesmare restaurantjumping rockcliff jumpadult poolthe club loungekaron townocean facingentertainment teamseafood buffettwo double bedsmain poolcarpe diem
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I have never been to Thailand, this was my first time, however I must say if you are to go, stay at Centara Grand Beach Resort. This is a great place to relax and settle in to what was for me an awesome vacation. I was there with my girlfriend for 12 nights and we felt the room, location and quality of service was excellent.

Situated right on the beach, you not only have an amazing view from your room of the sea but also the sunset late in the day. Over a few beers or cocktails, either in your room or at the Luna Bar this is an exquisite sight and a top class position to be in.

The beach itself is amazing with pure white soft sand with many a sunlounge to sit on right out the front of the resort, not to mention how nice the water was to swim in. The adult pool is also a great place to relax, have a few drinks and look out of the sea from either your lounge chair or the pool water itself.

They also have a great range of services, including two restaurants of good quality and a bar, including also a few pool bars to choose from, all with terrific service. Also I recommend getting a massage from their spa facility..... absolutely incredible. You'll never look at the street ones the same way !!

The staff are very friendly and kind and if your keen on a big night (in my case once, an afternoon) at one of the local bars, they have no hesiatation in helping and supporting you to your room. A good tip however is don't drink too much on a hot humid arvo, as it hits you alot harder than you think.

Even though I wasn't there with kids, being a teacher I can say that it is adequately equipped to support and entertain children with a massive pool, water slides (which even I enjoyed) a lazy river with a plunge pool and as mentioned the beach right out the front. There is also a kids club and room with games and activities.'

Karon is a 10min walk down the beach, lovely late in the day and if getting a Tuk Tuk (taxi) back at night, it is 200 Baht, about $7. Patong is a 10min drive and cost 300 Baht, about $10.

Overall I highly recommend this resort.

1  Thank buzz2530
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We have visited many 5 star hotels in Thailand, for the kids, they will love it much better than the hilton down the road. Facilities are excellent but do not expect 5 star service. at breakfast we had to ask wait staff 3 times for our hot drinks, 2 times on another occassion, our rooms were only attended to once at around 330pm when they advertise rooms suppose to be taken care of once in the morning and once in the afternoon before bed time. i would stay again because it is close to patong boxing gym which my husband rates highly, hotel is clean, for shoppers you need to visit the town centre or central. so not convenient if you just want to walk around and do a bit of shopping, but for lazy bums that just want to relax it is good for one week. btw, for sunbathers you need to reserve your deck chairs early in the morning otherwise you will have no deck chair to relax and enjoy the poolside, not enough to go around and 75% are reserved before 7am in the morning.

Room Tip: spa delux good promimity to pool and dining area.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank singaporesaz
Reviewed April 23, 2011

This was our 6th visit to Phuket in 7 years, the last two years we have stayed at the Hilton with our 3 daughters. This year we travelled with another couple and decided to try the new resort we watched being built ... we were not to be disappointed.
Centara Grand is a true 5 star Resort that overlooks a beautiful white sand beach. It is one of the very few absolute beach front Resorts in Phuket. The snorkelling along nearby rocks is great with loads of tropical fish , moral eels and star fish.
The restaurants are reasonably priced with exceptional service and fantastic food, nothing was ever too much trouble.
Our room was Deluxe spa balcony room with breathtaking views of the ocean, they are beautifully decorated and have the highest quality fittings and fixtures.The room attendant was wonderful and went out of her way to ensure we had every thing we needed.
The Kids club looked great with lots to keep them occupied, when we stayed there were alot of children but none of them bothered those of us travelling without kids, there was just so much for them to do.
The cooking class is well worth doing it takes approx 4 hours and includes a trip to a local market which is a real eye opener, we cooked 4 dishes and then enjoyed eating them with a glass of wine.
The Day Spa is beautiful with world class treatments and definitely worth indulging in.
We visited Phuket during the Songkran Festival were water is symbolic. This equates to a huge water fight that lasts for 2 days!
We hired a car and drove North to Nai Yang Beach were small fish and sometimes baby sea turtles are released into the water as part of the Songkran celebration.The locals encouraged us to participate in the formalities and release the fish along with all of the other Thai people. It truly was a wonderful experience........ korp kun kha
If you are considering staying at the Centara Grand I would highly recommend it. Thai hospitality is at it's best.
The Centara Grand Resort is outstanding, the management and staff are to be congratulated on their service.
We are looking forward to returning next year.

3  Thank AussieBelle
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Fab new 5 star resort, and we've stayed in all the main ones in Asia. This place was right on the lovely Karon beach and truly felt 5 star. We had a spa deluxe club room in building one, near the adult pool (more on that later). The room was one of the best we've ever had and I adored the bed in the middle of the room and the jacuzzi and day bed on the balcony. Club facilities were well worth it, but no one told us about them at check in and it felt like a best kept secret to try and find out what we would get as club privileges. I found that hard work, which was a shame. Once we found the club lounge though, all was well and the Spanish chef, on finding out we were veggies, prepared special foods every day to ensure we were catered for.
The only real downside was the so called adult only pool.. I specifically booked this hotel because it had one. It had many reservations about booking a place with so many slides, lazy rivers and kiddy things, but the promise of an adult only pool convinced me. Sadly, eve ry day we were there, one of 3 russian families insisted on using this pool. It was so annoying as there were about 5 kids overly dedicated to kids in my view. Sometimes the rest of the place felt a bit like a kiddy camp as these pools attracted so many baby and toddler families. But the one place for adults was hijacked and I, and many others we talked to were disappointed by this. We did complain and a sign was put up but the Russians ignored it. The staff refused to raise it.
I think the hotel should give more focus to adults and couples with more quiet areas in the Cove breakfast area and club lounge which sometimes because very noisy due to the high density of families with small noisy kids.
Shame really as this place was one of the best otherwise - an absolute gem.

Room Tip: Karon and patting towns are in easy reach.
3  Thank Lisegirl
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I have just returned from staying at the Centara Grand Beach Resort and struggled to understand why others had issues with this resort as my experience was completely opposite!

My husband and I spent 8 days at CGBR with our best friends (another couple) and had a magnificent time.

We had booked 2 x One Bedroom Pool Villas & upon check in we were advised that our rooms were unavailable due to the recent floods in Southern Thailand.
We were downgraded to 2 x Deluxe Pool Suites. If I were more familiar with the room types I would have requested 1 x Luxury Pool Suite with a connecting Deluxe Pool Suite as the Luxury pool suite was a little larger and had a wrap around balcony.

Whilst we were disappointed intially, we still had our own plunge pools and our rooms were connected via the balconies. CGBR also compensated us with "pocket money". This meant that we had massages, facials, drinks, food etc that we may not have normally spent in the hotel. So in hindsight we felt that we had a better holiday as it was easier for us to congregate together (rather than being seperated by stand alone villas), share our private pools, hotel tabs etc.

The main pool area is just stunning! The lazy river & waterslides are great fun for big and little kids, the adults only pool exhibits a beautiful sunset most nights and Mare Restaurant food quality is outstanding with a gorgeous ambiance.

The staff are truly delightful and we found them all to be helpful, gracious and always greeting us with a smile! Even when we had the inital disappointment with our rooms, they went out of their way to ensure our stay was a comfortable & memorable one.

The hotel is in a great location - easy walk to Karon shops & markets, on the beach, with a quick THB300 Tuk Tuk ride to Patong or Kata.

I would STRONGLY recommend a stay at the Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket and will definitely stay there when next we go to Phuket.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends